Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Olympus Blue Pigment & Magical Unicorn Lancers

DEATHLOK

Question

Lancers: Olympus Blue Pigment

Supposedly, Lancers are the most common of all Grineer, as Crewmen are the most common of all Corpus.

I've probably killed hundreds in the past two days.

Not a single Lancer has dropped Olympus Blue Pigment. I've had a similar problem in the past, trying to find the magical Unicorn Crewmen who drop Glacial Blue.

Does anyone know where to hunt the magical Unicorn Lancers who drop pigment?

Thanks!

Edited by DEATHLOK

10 answers to this question

Yeah, Ceres is going to be too high for an endless mission run. Lancers have to be under level 15. No Elite, Arid, or Frontier Lancers, which negates Mars and Earth, in addition to many higher level maps.

The only low-level Grineer endless mission I have found is Mercury\Odin, which is an Interception. The pigments will drop there, but not that many in a solo game. Still, better than none at all.

I could run a number of Exterminate, Rescue, Sabotage, or Capture missions, but the 20% drop rate is low enough I'm not sure those runs would be worthwhile.

I'll go kill Captain Vor to see how it might work out. It's a waste of time; very few pigments for very few enemies.

A Capture mission might work out, as the enemies never stop spawning.

Edited by DEATHLOK

So for future generations, at least until the star chart is changed up again:

Olympus Blue Pigment:

• Mercury\Odin Interception. Try to drag the rounds out long as possible for the most spawns and the most drops. After four rounds, the Lancers will be over level 14 and will no longer drop pigment.
  • Mercury\Elion Capture. Enemies never stop spawning, and I think Lancers will remain level 7 to 9. It's not the most exciting of missions, but you can stay until you have enough pigment or can no longer stand the slow pace.

Obviously, the reason this pops up in a Google search is because people have a problem getting Olympus Blue, because for many of us, fighting such low-level enemies is something we would never think to do, beyond an occasional Alert mission. Same problem with Glacial Blue—you have to go after the very lowest level Crewmen (Venus\V Prime would likely be a safe bet).

Edited by DEATHLOK

Don't forget that at the moment Earth is a Grineer planet too, and the lowest level.

• Gaia/Earth is a Grineer Interception (and thus endless), starts at level 1 and scales to a max (I think) of 20, plenty of time for the base Lancers to spawn in droves
  • Everest/Earth is the Excavation equivalent

These locations should help your list too.  I probably got all of my pigment from the Excavation mission while hunting for Lith relics (Everest is currently my preferred relic per unit time source for Lith)