The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hype for 2018 Primes and frames?! What are you looking forward too this year in Warframe?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

On 1/2/2018 at 9:19 AM, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Who is excited for this year's Primes? 

Let's see we got:

Zephyr supposedly next (with a rework)

Then we got Limbo, Chroma and and finally my wiafu Mesa mmmmm ;-). 

Also Excalibur Umbra quest somewhere in between it all. 

What are you excited to see this year in Warframe? 

Zephy is *potentially* next.  Based on release order, she should have been before Mirage.  The general assumption is that DE flipped it, because A) Zephyr is less popular, and therefore potentially would not sell as well during the important holiday season.  And B) Zephyr seems to need an *extensive* rework of her powers.  Maybe something on the lines of what they did for Limbo, maybe even more serious than that.  Which would also require reworking some or all of her augment cards at the same time.

We know Khora is coming at some point soon.  Probably at the same time as the IPS nerf... rework.  I'm curious about Khora, but severely unimpressed with what they've said so far about the Impact and Puncture parts of the rework.  This will be followed by "fixing" Elemental procs.  Presumably in the same way that they're "fixing" Slash.  (Corrosive and Viral will be made less useful, and Magnetic will be... more of whatever it is that Magnetic is supposed to be.)

Excalibur Umbra should be sometime Soon(tm).  I'm not all that concerned with Umbra one way or the other.  But I'd like the quest to come out and settle all the batspit crazy fan theories about what we'll have to do to get him.  You have to kill your operator.  You have to permanently sacrifice another warframe.  It will require Excalibur Prime, and will *also* permanently remove it from your arsenal.  We'll have to sacrifice the Lotus.  Lots of nonsense because people are taking the word "sacrifice" absolutely literally, and making the grand assumption that our character is the one being required to sacrifice something.  I'm less interested in Umbra specifically than in seeing DE drive a stake through the heart of most/all of this silliness.

They've hinted at something to do with the Sentients, possibly even finding and activating the Intestellar Rail that the Sentients were originally built to construct between the Origin System and the mysterious Tau system.  This will probably involve actual Sentient space stations, and possibly the Sentient Arm Cannon weapon.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll also be mandatory team content.  Since I don't know anyone who plays Warframe, this would put it in the same category for me as the Trials and Eidolon hunting.  IE, stuff that exists, and that I'll never see because it's not possible for me to do it solo.

The Kingpin system might be on hold/abandoned.  If not, that's something that could turn up again this year.

They are apparently at least starting work on the next "open world" map.  Probably set on Venus, and Corpus related.

I look forward to:

1. Operator melee and further gameplay improvements to it. I actually like playing as Operator especially after I got my custom amp with pencha which can do 9,000 void damage per shot and putting on tons of Magus Vigor arcanes.

2. Excalibur Umbra or rather the Umbra system. I might end up with 3 of the same frames but I am rather hyped up by the potential system.

3. The Sacrifice and how much it expands the lore. To me, the lore is important and with or without point 2 as a reward, a new cinematic quest that expands the lore is a big thing for me.

4. More open world environments. POE was something I honestly never expected and it is a game changer for me.

5. Crew battle ships. We know this exists but we don't know what it will be like.

6. Stalker gamplay. To be honest, a number if players and I had suggested this 3 or more years ago on this very forums but back then (and maybe still now) PVP mode suggestions tend to be view with heavy negative light, and I was not expecting it to actually exists and be functional as shown in Tennocon 2017.

7. Cooler bosses with more mechanics to fight against. I am very impressed with the boss fights today because these were things many of us asked for in the past and I believe they will get better, seeing how a lot of the feedback in the past are now implemented. Could be because of funding so with how popular and well-funded DE is now compared to last time, I have big expectations to enemy design and AI in future.

Level 25 (console is 1.5 weapons away right now)

Level 26 and 27:  I hope we get enough content for two levels this year

New frames and quests

I hope they have new content a la PoE to drop on us 

As far as primes go, it's just a pattern they've mostly followed so far.  There's no rules.  DE can release any prime warframe they want next.  Don't pretend like you know for sure what's going to happen.

Primed/wraith/prisma/whatever weapons I'd like to see: Tiburon, Tonkor, Akvasto (in a Baro relic like Aklex), Zhuge, Hind, Sobek, Atomos, Furis and Dex Furis (another relic candidate), basically any decent or interesting weapon that has been neglected lately.  I don't really care about melee weapons but I'm sure we'll get a bunch.

In this year I want from them to work on old items and gears and up to date them.

- They need to work on dojo 2.0 - adding new rooms and more option to use them than research and trade. Some tournament and fun like addition would be nice.

- Better lunaro with increased team size 5v5-8v8 and more stadiums (Old Trafford).

- Continue the weapon balance pass and buff those old weapons which still needs it and add more stances to the melees. Also buff those old mods which untouched by years and has no real uses other than trash transforming.

- Add base 10 mod slot to everything (frames-weapons) (companions already has) and add to the secondary and primary weapons a stance like slot too which could be called focus or something which boost that said primary and secondary in a unique way.

- Buff old aura mods and introduce new ones.

- make new sentinels and add pls new weapon sets to them these guys deserve the love. Also make a sentinel which already can use the steel fiber module. (high armored sentinel)

- Server and lag - performance issues and solutions.

- Replayable quests and cinematics.

- More lore and more frame. 

At moment that's all I want but the list can be expanded.

Still don't have Gara and prolly not going to get her any time soon . Pretty sure Kora will be locked behind something unfun in the plains too , so you already know - not going to bother with her either not to mention that the whole pet frame thing is just not for me .

I expect DE to hype multiple things, then forget about all of them if they are actually implemented like they do with 95% of the stuff in-game, break several things along the way (and take months to adress them), more band-aid/useless mods, more stupid resources and requirements, more nerfs/less buffs, baro not having anything useful for the majority of his visits, archwing still being the most tacked on crap ever (dark sectors, rails and relays being the follow-ups) and a player base who in big parts is all about the hurr-durr-gotta-meturr attitude when realistically, this game offers little to no challenge in regular gameplay