Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Theory On What The Umbras Are And How They Will Be Worn By The Operator

royblazin

So a theory I have heard from my clan leader is that the Umbra will be worn by the operator granting them the ability to use Warframe abilities on top of the operator ones. Basically what he's getting at is this will make the Operators immensely powerful, so imagine a maxed out Operator with 1k+ health and armor using Excalibur or even Rhino's abilities on top of being able to swap between 2 different Warframes. Not to mention how when the Operator dies, they only return to the Warframe and they can come out full health again, but on top of that, they can use void mode, void dash, and literally be invincible on top of the abilities from the Umbra frames that they have.

This would basically be how we make both Operators and Umbras useful and vastly powerful, especially when you can mod the Umbras once your Operator is merged with them, in combination with our own Prime Warframes, it would be far more useful than having it be a variant of a prime warframe with slightly varying abilities, stats, or passives. I want you guys to think about how immensely powerful a completely maxed Operator with the compliment of mods really is, especially with their ridiculously high base.

I want you guys to picture the scope of this. The magnitude of a pure void damage Umbra Warframe. All of this together. Just picture it.

This sounds like the least probably possibility.

I know a lot of people want Frames to be actual suits, but they aren't. They never will be. We've already started getting armor for our operators that enhance their void mode. Making them get frame abilities negates the entire point of having a frame.

I'm picturing it, and it sounds like a bad idea. I don't want to be more powerful at this point, I want something new, something I haven't seen before. I'm praying that Umbra will be that.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Juniormech777 said:

Not Exodia Arcanes. Those are for Zaws.

Magus Arcanes are for Operators and you can install one on any Hood/Cuirass.

You're right.

I still consider that upgrading my operator through armor with the benefit of choosing my cosmetics without suffering stat wise.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Juniormech777 said:

Not Exodia Arcanes. Those are for Zaws.

Magus Arcanes are for Operators and you can install one on any Hood/Cuirass.

You're right.

I still consider that upgrading my operator through armor with the benefit of choosing my cosmetics without suffering stat wise.

6 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

I know a lot of people want Frames to be actual suits, but they aren't. They never will be. We've already started getting armor for our operators that enhance their void mode. Making them get frame abilities negates the entire point of having a frame.

I'm picturing it, and it sounds like a bad idea. I don't want to be more powerful at this point, I want something new, something I haven't seen before. I'm praying that Umbra will be that.

I don't think you've read my whole post but you're basically using two warframes at the same time and switching between them when you press 5. This is far better than just getting another carbon copy of Excalibur Umbra and it opens up various possibilities and combinations , also you simply wear it over your operator arcanes.

21 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

personally I want my frame to keep fighting when I'm in operator mode, kinda like equinox's duality augment for her 1st. he'll actually fight alongside me and not just stand there in a pose 

Your Warframe can do that too in addition to what's in the OP.

5 minutes ago, royblazin said:

Short answer : Nah.

Slightly longer answer : This is highly unlikely. They had said that it's going to be a variant to the warframes similar to the Primes. I don't think DE will allow us to just have another warframe inside the warframe. The operators are there to offer additional and different gameplay. What is your basis to this idea? 

1 minute ago, lightdragon64 said:

-adults-

Nope to this one too. They have, time and time, again told us that the only survivors of the ten zero are the children. It's very unlikely that they would just turn around and say that they survived. If you read the Harrow Prelude comic, you see that the adults there have lost their minds and they probably all died before the ship was recovered. As for "The Sacrifice", I believe Ballas was talking more of what someone will sacrifice and not what they had. Meaning it's gonna happen in the future. It's also a choice of your life or "theirs". What you're saying is they sacrificed their freedom to live and have control. 

----- SPOILER ----  WARNING ---- If I were to ask, the Umbra's are probably Ballas' personal touch to the warframes which he have been creating all this time. The sacrifice would probably be by the Lotus for the Tenno. No, I don't think the Lotus will die, but this might have something to do with the reservoir and her prison. 

35 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Have to agree. This idea seems pretty unbalanced. I mean, being able to void dash around, charge my energy up and go into invincible void mode all without having to get out of the Frame seems over the top. I have played this game since 2013, I don't want something incredibly OP. I'm looking for a new challenge to put my already powerful equipment to the limit while getting new and interesting stuff. I believe DE will do a good job with it, but I doubt this is the route that it will go.

21 minutes ago, royblazin said:

Now it can fight without you? This is getting more and more ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Short answer : Nah.

Slightly longer answer : This is highly unlikely. They had said that it's going to be a variant to the warframes similar to the Primes. I don't think DE will allow us to just have another warframe inside the warframe. The operators are there to offer additional and different gameplay. What is your basis to this idea? 

Nope to this one too. They have, time and time, again told us that the only survivors of the ten zero are the children. It's very unlikely that they would just turn around and say that they survived. If you read the Harrow Prelude comic, you see that the adults there have lost their minds and they probably all died before the ship was recovered. As for "The Sacrifice", I believe Ballas was talking more of what someone will sacrifice and not what they had. Meaning it's gonna happen in the future. It's also a choice of your life or "theirs". What you're saying is they sacrificed their freedom to live and have control. 

----- SPOILER ----  WARNING ---- If I were to ask, the Umbra's are probably Ballas' personal touch to the warframes which he have been creating all this time. The sacrifice would probably be by the Lotus for the Tenno. No, I don't think the Lotus will die, but this might have something to do with the reservoir and her prison. 

Well this is only someone's theory so it will not be likely but it seems like a good direction to take if they want Operators and Umbras to both be something useful but if they really have something better in mind then I'd love to be delightfully surprised but from the way you say it, it seems like you're telling me to prepare for big disappointments and that it will be nothing more than just an Excalibur Prime reskinned and renamed as Excalibur Umbra with only minor changes to its abilities, passives and stats. Basically mastery fodder in the end. xD

5 minutes ago, Rickman108 said:

Have to agree. This idea seems pretty unbalanced. I mean, being able to void dash around, charge my energy up and go into invincible void mode all without having to get out of the Frame seems over the top. I have played this game since 2013, I don't want something incredibly OP. I'm looking for a new challenge to put my already powerful equipment to the limit while getting new and interesting stuff. I believe DE will do a good job with it, but I doubt this is the route that it will go.

Now it can fight without you? This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Well, I am honestly not sure what they can come up with, it's either the boring way or the highway and perhaps an introduction of some way tougher Sentient enemies that demand this type of power increase.

3 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

i have read it, it is just a vague backstory that gives his reasoning for hunting the tenno. It dosen't tell anything about where he came from, why he is a fully sapient umbra warframe or anything other than how the tenno "killed" the orokin.

EDIT: Also, the void demon is likely the tenno's father, so something is up with the adults just vanishing.

The void demons are the Tenno, dude. Please do some research on current lore before you just start shooting in the dark.

Edited by Rickman108

8 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

Fair enough.

But still, the adults wouldn't just vanish into thin air. They have to be somewhere, i think it is a bit obvious that the void demon aka the man in the wall may be the tenno's father (specifically the one we play as) but what about the rest of them? where could they have possibly ended up?

They died, but I guess their consciousness could have merged to form the man in the wall. However, they didn't say that they vanished, they just didn't survive. Their bodies may have been recovered when the ship was found. 

8 minutes ago, royblazin said:

Well this is only someone's theory so it will not be likely but it seems like a good direction to take if they want Operators and Umbras to both be something useful but if they really have something better in mind then I'd love to be delightfully surprised but from the way you say it, it seems like you're telling me to prepare for big disappointments and that it will be nothing more than just an Excalibur Prime reskinned and renamed as Excalibur Umbra with only minor changes to its abilities, passives and stats. Basically mastery fodder in the end. xD

To be honest, I don't think it's a good direction. I would much rather it be a reskinned warframe instead of it being an armor for the operators. 

11 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

It is never explicitly said that the helminth is referring to us as the void demon.

He calls you a void demon if you go into the infested room in your ship as operator. As I said, do some research in game and out of game. What he says depends on your quest alignment. Its pretty clear that he's referring to you. If you want to speculate the obvious, that's your choice. I personally think you're way off base.

Edited by Rickman108

46 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

But still, the adults wouldn't just vanish into thin air. They have to be somewhere, i think it is a bit obvious that the void demon aka the man in the wall may be the tenno's father, but what about the rest of them? where could they have possibly ended up?

You should see the official Warframe webcomic called Rell.

It suggests that somehow, the adults in the Zariman got turned into... freaks or something. Similar to those Red Veil "zombies" in the Chains Of Harrow Quest.

At that point, the children had to kill them in order to defend themselves.

And an edit: The Void Demons are the Tenno, but The Man In The Wall, in my theory, is the Void itself.

Edited by (XB1)Juniormech777

1 hour ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

They died, but I guess their consciousness could have merged to form the man in the wall. However, they didn't say that they vanished, they just didn't survive. Their bodies may have been recovered when the ship was found. 

To be honest, I don't think it's a good direction. I would much rather it be a reskinned warframe instead of it being an armor for the operators. 

Well calling it just a simple armor is basically just strawmaning my OP and the theory that I wrote. Did you not read any of it at all? How can you say that making it another reskinned Warframe would be better than the idea/theory in the OP?

4 minutes ago, royblazin said:

Well calling it just a simple armor is basically just strawmaning my OP and the theory that I wrote. Did you not read any of it at all? How can you say that making it another reskinned Warframe would be better than the idea/theory in the OP?

because the idea in the op is horribly unbalanced.