Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Relics/Keys

Acersecomic

Now, we can all agree that we liked the Void Keys much more than relics but while I do like to get more choice at prime stuff each rotation, one thing always hurts... we're not doing it in the Void.

Remember using a Void Key and entering the Towers? Feeling awe while there because of the design, music and the strangness of the place? Knowing you can only go there if you use a consumable key? Feeling a sense of urgency and unfamiliar danger no matter how many times you enter thr place?

That for me was the best part of the Void Tower missions and with them being turned into regular missions I feel that sense of iminent threat has been completely lost. That atmosphere of divinity and perril...

Had DE said anything about this topic? About returning the Void TO the Void? I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say I'd like to see Relics used to access the Void, and not have Fissure missions all around Sol like it s the most time-and-space unstable place in the galaxy.

4 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Now, we can all agree that we liked the Void Keys much more than relics but while I do like to get more choice at prime stuff each rotation, one thing always hurts... we're not doing it in the Void.

Remember using a Void Key and entering the Towers? Feeling awe while there because of the design, music and the strangness of the place? Knowing you can only go there if you use a consumable key? Feeling a sense of urgency and unfamiliar danger no matter how many times you enter thr place?

That for me was the best part of the Void Tower missions and with them being turned into regular missions I feel that sense of iminent threat has been completely lost. That atmosphere of divinity and perril...

Had DE said anything about this topic? About returning the Void TO the Void? I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say I'd like to see Relics used to access the Void, and not have Fissure missions all around Sol like it s the most time-and-space unstable place in the galaxy.

There are Fissure missions that take place in the Void often, you know.

But what do you mean by returning the Void to the Void? I really don't understand...

Edited by (XB1)Juniormech777

No, I disagree. Being able to choose which mission type we unlock relics on is a great plus rather than being locked into mission type as we were with void keys.  Also with relics we can drop into public games very quickly unlike with void keys.   You can play void missions any time you like, and quite often fissure missions occur in the void maps.  Relics make it much easier to acquire prime parts.  I like the variety of drops and map locations much more than the continual sameness of the void key old system.

Wow... I am honestly hurt by your responses... Like none of you have any heart, just calculations...

I wasn't asking for the old system to return exactly as it was, some changes to it are easily made you know?
The Void as it is now... it's a pale shadow of what it used to be...

And saying "there are fissure missions in the Void too" is just missing the whole point :(
I am honestly saddened by you people :(

9 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Wow... I am honestly hurt by your responses... Like none of you have any heart, just calculations...

I wasn't asking for the old system to return exactly as it was, some changes to it are easily made you know?

And saying "there are fissure missions in the Void too" is just missing the whole point :(

You critically erred in your very first sentence by presuming that everyone would automatically agree with you, and presenting yourself as the voice of the community, when you had and still have no such mandate or unanimity.

I like the Void tileset, and I would very much like it if DE were to rework the Void into a frightening and challenging endgame area which you don’t go to every day. However, by the time the Relic system was introduced, I was sick of the Void, and profoundly sick of Void Rotation C. It had just become the place one went to in order to grind your brain smooth and blank against the remorseless wheel of RNG. 

I like the Void more now that the Relic system has taken Prime parts out of that tileset. I just want DE to make the Void more interesting and threatening again.

17 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I just want DE to make the Void more interesting and threatening again.

This is something I'd like to see, I don't think the void has seen a new enemy type added since nullifiers came out years back, and that's pretty awful considering everywhere else has had much more diversity added in that regard. And I'd love it if there was actual rewards to doing the old parkour rooms in the void.

46 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Everything in memory before the bold text has gotten erased. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE?! You were corrupted by the void too...just like us. 

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

GLISTENING MAGNIFICENCE

Of course, maggots seek to burrow! Away from my caves, maggots! Lest you be crushed!

No matter how many times I played through the Plague Star bounty and through the Hemacytes, his incessant yelling is the one thing that never got old. What if Vay Hek ever became corrupted?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)N7 Sinner said:

Of course, maggots seek to burrow! Away from my caves, maggots! Lest you be crushed!

No matter how many times I played through the Plague Star bounty and through the Hemacytes, his incessant yelling is the one thing that never got old. What if Vay Hek ever became corrupted?

Would he end up like Vor and go on rambling monologues?, wait he already does that to a degree, he might very well out-do Vor at talking your ears off.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)N7 Sinner said:

What if Vay Hek ever became corrupted?

He will gain the ability to yell directly into our brain. His constant and loud yelling will infuriate our Operators, making them so pissed that the Warframe will get a Corrupted buff for each yelling. Or get disabled. 50/50 chance.

5 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Now, we can all agree that we liked the Void Keys much more than relics 

No. No we can't. I, and quite a few others I talked to, grew to absolutely loathe the void. Weeks of rotation c void defence for pretty much everything made me almost quit the game. By bringing in the relic system DE refreshed my love for this game and made me stay. 

Now that's not to say I want the void to remain useless, I want all places to be useful, but I also don't want to ruin something that makes all other tiles useful to make the void good again. 

41 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Well, this topic is gonna get closed for your complete offtopic garbage talk... thank you so much...

People have given you solid feedback. Your presumption that everyone somehow, even perhaps secretly or furtively, agrees with you has been shredded, but even past that you are seeing responses detailing how people like the Void tileset, but were burned out on it by constant grind of all Prime parts through diluted drop tables there. There are people who wish the return of Rotation C drops in Void Endless, but those people are not the majority.

So, leaving aside the issue of item drops altogether, you may notice that people do want something interesting done with the Void! It’s just that you will not find much support for the idea of putting all Prime grinding back there.