Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Fissure Regulation

(PSN)SiPerino

Similar to how the Trade Tab imposes a 120-second countdown before letting a player post another comment, I think a countdown should be imposed on players who quit out of Void Fissure missions.

Ever since the replacement of Void Keys with Void Relics, free-loaders have essentially been given a free pass to cause serial host migrations and/or serial client departures. These free-loading players jump from one lobby to the next, in search of another player who has equipped the relic he/she seeks. I may not speak for all players, but I believe I speak for many when I express just how annoying it that joining a public Void Fissure mission is accompanied by a host migration upwards of 25% of the time.

Proposal: If a player exits a Void Fissure mission prematurely, a 5-minute Void Fissure lockout should be imposed on that player. After which, that player is again free to join another public Void Fissure mission, but still guaranteed to encounter a temporary lockout should he/she again exit prematurely.

Alternate Proposal: I'm sure this one has been expressed many times over already, but maybe it's time DE reconfigures public Void Fissure lobbies/matchmaking so that players are unable to view what relic the other players have equipped.

If you feel the need to regulate the actions of your squad, use Recruiting. PUGs are PUGs, for better or worse.

Maybe you were doing something terrible and they left instead of dealing with it. Try communicating with them. Knowing what Relic someone else has chosen lets others try and go for a bunch of different ones to just get whatever drops or coordinate and see if you can't get something rare.

All of this feels rather hostile to jumping into a random group.

Bad idea, how can they regulate players jumping in and out of squads? I'd hate to be squad blocked for 5 miniutes because I left one to join another friend. Now say I had a squad from one mission and started a void fissure, hit the timer giving them no time to pick a relic or leave the squad, They leave once the mission started. Should they be punished for my lack of patients/vice versa. There are many reasons a person may need/want to leave a squad, they can't implement a punishment system for that.