Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Redeemer not work with Magnetize?

(PSN)Chel-El

I was pumping my Mag bubbles with for style, then a friend told me it doesn’t work lol. This doesn’t make sense to me since: 

A one of its requirements is a Vasto 

B Kestrel works ok with Magnetize in creating tic damage 

Please rework/readjust bladeguns if this post makes sense 

Thanks and GG, DE 

23 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Redeemer`s range attacks still function as a Melee weapon dealing AoE and not actually releasing any projectiles that could be caught by the Bullet Attractor.

I don’t have Zenistar but doesn’t  that release anything?  And does it interact with Magnetize 

8 hours ago, -Bv-Qrow_Wraith said:

Fun fact, Zephyr's wind wall doesn't stop Redeemers blast

Its because Zephyr`s Turbulence only stops Projectiles and as i said above, the blast attacks from the Redeemer are not projectiles.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

I don’t have Zenistar but doesn’t  that release anything?  And does it interact with Magnetize 

Zenistar`s Charge Attack releases that Disk which is a projectile and yes its affected by Magnetize. The Disk will start orbiting within the Magnetize either until it ends or gets launched out for moving through another Magnetize

On 12/01/2018 at 7:29 PM, Leuca said:

Magnetize used to trap glaive weapons in an endless bounce that would annihilate enemies caught inside. The rework ruined it. :/

I recall a few months ago it grabbing Mirage's Prisma too. Dont know if [DE] removed that. Made a great synergy Mag with Mirage.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

@BiancaRoughfin

But it’s a gun blade that has a stance named bullet dance. There has to be a projectile in there especially with that booming sound 

Doesnt mean it actually shoots projectiles, it just applies damage to an area in front of it.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

3 hours ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

What is it shooting to create that damage tho? Air pressure? 

Makes more sense for it to fire bullets that can interact with Magnetize imo

The point is that while it "shoots" projectiles, the game TREATS it as an AOE melee attack... Not bullets.

This is why you can build the combo counter with it.

Because the game mechanically handles it as a melee attack there is no way for it to interact with Magnetize.

Yes, it makes more sense for it to actually fire bullets. That's just not how it works currently.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

@BiancaRoughfin

But it’s a gun blade that has a stance named bullet dance. There has to be a projectile in there especially with that booming sound 

Bullet Dance’s and any type of gunfire from gunblades count as melee slam attacks. This is a proven claim when you use a gunblade with Hydroid, and how tentacles spawn underneath him whenever he uses a charged attack, gunblade fire, or any Bullet Dance combo.