Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you buy a warframe with platinum

Oldman_Klegg

Question

Hi I am brand new to Warframe. I was looking at the Market console on my ship. It seems to have Warframes available for purchase. But I am confused, do I get a blueprint for platinum or blueprint? I know I can grind out Warframes but I would like to try out a few so I was wondering if I had the option to purchase a warframe with platinum.

I have tried my best to find the answer. I have goggled it, asked on their Facebook page and so far I cannot find anything that explains this market. Also i noticed that if I am at my arsenal I can see other warframes, weapons companions and so on. Can I purchase them if I buy, grind platinum?

Thanks 

10 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Unit301 said:

Hi I am brand new to Warframe. I was looking at the Market console on my ship. It seems to have Warframes available for purchase. But I am confused, do I get a blueprint for platinum or blueprint? I know I can grind out Warframes but I would like to try out a few so I was wondering if I had the option to purchase a warframe with platinum.

I have tried my best to find the answer. I have goggled it, asked on their Facebook page and so far I cannot find anything that explains this market. Also i noticed that if I am at my arsenal I can see other warframes, weapons companions and so on. Can I purchase them if I buy, grind platinum?

Thanks 

the full warframe themselves are platinum, the blueprints are credits, the parts for that warframe are from bosses (eg rhino parts from venus boss) or a clan dojo (eg woukong), as you look at the warframe you want if you look upto the top right it should have 3 tabs, click the second one to be able to view the blueprint 

Edited by (XB1)xXDEADxXGAMERXx

When buying Warframes from the market pay attention to what currency will be deducted. If you see this, :credits:, you're purchasing a blueprint with credits. If you see this, :platinum:, you're purchasing a fully built Warframe with an Orokin Reactor installed and a Warframe slot with platinum.

Market-Tabsystem.jpg

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unit301 said:

Thanks everyone. 

Sorry for the noob question but one last one. So you can buy blueprints (I love crafting games), and that is great. Do blueprints drop in game?

Again thanks 

Most are obtain from the market, some comes from clan dojo's, and few are dropped by mobs/missions.

Edit: there's actually more that drops from mission when including the relic system.

Edited by NekroArts
There's actually more

All warframes available in the Market are fully built with a Reactor already installed and a frame slot to keep in your inventory. They can only be bought with platinum.

The main Blueprints that you see for credits are there if you want to craft it. However, you will need to farm for the individual components (chassis bp, system bp, neuroptics bp) to complete.

Fully built Prime warframes (with reactors and slots) are either bought via Prime Access (newest one only) or Prime Vault (older ones but very specific) with real money -OR- the BP can be farm from relics drops or bought from the Trade chat with platinum. 

Welcome to Warframe :satisfied:

Platinum is the premium currency and it grants you the warframe outright, complete with orokin reactor and an inventory slot.

The alternative is to buy blueprints off the market with credits (in-game currency) and craft them. The same applies to weapons.

All warframes are available in-game to craft and this is the prefered method for most people. Crafting will cost a certain amount of resources and time before you're able to use the item.

Warframe parts drop from bosses and every boss is specific to a planet. Some Warframes are handed out through story quests which are unlocked through solar map progression. Clearing planets and unlocking junctions will make these available.

It's worth noting that platinum is also tradable. So you're not forced to spend cash if you make it your business to collect and trade desirable items.

Feel free to message me any time if you have questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help clear anything up for you.