GottFaust

[Unofficial] Weapon Dps Calculator (Current V0.5.4)

Question

That's basically correct. The DoT is actually 18.75 by the way.

The Acrid is a sustain-DPS monster. Nothing, sidearm or primary, even comes close, though the Boar can out-burst it.

One thing to note though: no human I know of can click 18 times a second with any regularity. The average is somewhere around 7, so you'll more than likely never actually see that DPS given its semi-auto nature.

bind another key for fire ;)

I was after a web version of something like this, that way it's easier keep values updated. But it's pretty good work.

For whatever reason, I can't get ths to run. I have Java installed, but for whatever reason 7-zip was selected as the default program for jar files. Even though I re-associated the file with javaw.exe, it won't open. I have a feeling I need to add the run variables to the javaw.exe, but I dont know where to. I read you need -JAR %1 at the end of the action string.

Is it updated to handle Damage 2.0 ?

Not yet. I've got a good understanding of the new system, but I haven't been able to tear myself away from the game long enough to rewrite this thing yet. I'm hoping to have time to work on it this coming weekend after thanksgiving and black friday calm down.

• Upvote 3

Not yet. I've got a good understanding of the new system, but I haven't been able to tear myself away from the game long enough to rewrite this thing yet. I'm hoping to have time to work on it this coming weekend after thanksgiving and black friday calm down.

Looking forward to the new version for Damage 2.0! Can't wait.  :)

Looking forward to the new version for Damage 2.0! Can't wait.  :)

I'm actually launching Eclipse to get cracking on it as I type this.

• Upvote 1

Sweeeeeet!

Sadly it's not going to be done today as this is a massive re-write, but what do you guys think about a Mod Editor feature that'll allow the local user to edit, maintain, and add to a mods database for use in the calc?
  • Upvote 1

Sadly it's not going to be done today as this is a massive re-write, but what do you guys think about a Mod Editor feature that'll allow the local user to edit, maintain, and add to a mods database for use in the calc?

as long as it's easy to understand, that would be awesome. :3

as long as it's easy to understand, that would be awesome. :3

It should be.

I'm also redesigning the main UI a bit to allow for mod polarities, mod slot polarities, and mod point-totals. Hopefully I'll have some screenshots within the next day or so.

• Upvote 2

Sorry about the delay, I've had some personal matters come up. I should have some time to work on this a bit this weekend.

what do you guys think about a Mod Editor feature that'll allow the local user to edit, maintain, and add to a mods database for use in the calc?

I'm up for that!

Sorry about the delay, I've had some personal matters come up. I should have some time to work on this a bit this weekend.

If ever you need help, I know a bit of Java.

I'm up for that!

If ever you need help, I know a bit of Java.

And I know the art of supreme coffee forging. The lost art involving hammers, anvils, and coffee beans.

Just a quick update: this is turning out to be a long process. I'm doing a lot more than just updating to damage 2.0 at this point.

• The Mod Manager is done.
  • The default Mod-DB is coming along nicely.
    • It would be done, but data-entry can be somewhat boring.
  • The Rework of the main UI is probably 70%
    • The Rework of the mods panel is done, but there are a couple of use-cases eluding me right now.
    • The UI changes to support the new damage system are in place.
    • I still haven't started on one of the new features I have planned: A DPS plot-chart to show easy comparisons between defense and faction types.
  • The actual math behind it is being completely redone as well, and is probably ~30% at the moment.
I'll put up some screenshots when the new UI is completely done.
  • Upvote 2

With the recent thrashing going on with the damage system: I've slowed down my development a bit.

That being said, here's a preview screenshot:

WWDPSCv05Preview.png

You'll note that the text output isn't done, and the DPS values on the graph are place-holders, but the UI is fully functional. The Mod Manager launches from a menu next to the File menu. It vanishes while the manage is open though. The current DPS calculations will be displayed on the graph in yellow with the previous in gray to allow easy visual comparisons while min-maxing.

I may end up pushing through and releasing it this weekend, but I'm worried about more damage-thrash going on next week.

• Upvote 1

Looks awesome!

The damage resistances are probably gonna change again soon and the melee overhaul might create some extra work.

But maybe it's a good idea to release your damage calculator anyway so we can start cropping out eventual UI or mod mistakes?

It's up to you really, either way keep up the good work!

Edited by CubedOobleck

Version 0.5.0 is up, now with 100% more Damage 2.0 Support!

Please report any bugs you find here. I'm sure I missed a few given the scope of this update.

Edited by GottFaust
  • Upvote 2

nice... very enlightening... now the problem is... it clears the data when I load something.

I saved a couple of builds and I want to compare em. Every time I load one, it erases the previous calculations and I find myself manually inputting the values all over.

I hope you can include this little feature in.

Thanks! :D

• Upvote 1

nice... very enlightening... now the problem is... it clears the data when I load something.

I saved a couple of builds and I want to compare em. Every time I load one, it erases the previous calculations and I find myself manually inputting the values all over.

I hope you can include this little feature in.

Thanks! :D

That had a really simple fix.

I've uploaded it again without a version change. Download it again and you should be able to load without the graph and output area clearing.

That had a really simple fix.

I've uploaded it again without a version change. Download it again and you should be able to load without the graph and output area clearing.

thanks man! :D

hmmm fire rate seems to affect continuous fire weapons like flux and synapse... wiki does have fire rate values... but i'm not sure how the game uses it if it ever does.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150208-continuous-fire-weapons-and-fire-rate/

looks like it does.

Fire rate mods affect continuous-fire weapons now, but they still drain a base 10 ammo per second and deal 50 small damage ticks per second, before mods, regardless of their base fire-rate stat. I could display the listed fire-rate instead of the real 50 if you think that would reduce some confusion.

it says "sield" in the graph after "Armor" small typo, missing an "h"

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll fix it when I get off work.

Edit - Fixed without a version change. Re-download it for a version without the typo.

Edited by GottFaust
  • Upvote 1