GottFaust

[Unofficial] Weapon Dps Calculator (Current V0.5.4)

Question

Asking for this to get pinned super helpful +1

with a dream ogris build it goes for a max of 20k damage per bullet, God i love how this calculator doesn't have any restrictions besides amount of mods

I'll be updating this semi-regularly.

Feel free to post any bugs you find or ideas for enhancements that you have.

Very nice calculator. I would really like it if we could get an average damage per shot value in there though. You can get it by dividing the burst DPS by the magazine capacity, but it would be more convenient if it were just listed.

Very nice calculator. I would really like it if we could get an average damage per shot value in there though. You can get it by dividing the burst DPS by the magazine capacity, but it would be more convenient if it were just listed.

The damage and crit damage numbers are actually damage per shot. Do you think I should change the text?

Nice work, btw OP did you happen to study Computer Science? I might be studying that this fall, how was it for you? :P

The damage and crit damage numbers are actually damage per shot. Do you think I should change the text?

What I mean is the average damage per shot. If a weapon with 10 damage crits 10% of the time, with a crit multiplier of 200, the average damage is 11. I've found an easy way to display it with your program though. Just set the mag size to 1 and look at damage per mag.

Nice work, btw OP did you happen to study Computer Science? I might be studying that this fall, how was it for you? :P

Thanks, and yes, my degree is in CompSci. I'm currently working as a Software Engineer for a DoD contractor.

What I mean is the average damage per shot. If a weapon with 10 damage crits 10% of the time, with a crit multiplier of 200, the average damage is 11. I've found an easy way to display it with your program though. Just set the mag size to 1 and look at damage per mag.

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm adding it to my to-do list right now. Currently sitting at the top is: Base Weapon Damage Types followed by Weapon Functionality (Burst, Semi-Auto, Full-Auto, Continuous, DoT, ect..). This should be easy though so I'll add it in while I'm at it.
  • Upvote 2

Would be nice if you add a save and load functionality for the weapin stats and the mods.

amazing nonetheless. I'll post a link in our clan website. :3

Would be nice if you add a save and load functionality for the weapin stats and the mods.

amazing nonetheless. I'll post a link in our clan website. :3

I've been debating on a save/load already. I'll probably do that after the current todo list. I'm thinking XML as the save format. Opinions?

I've been debating on a save/load already. I'll probably do that after the current todo list. I'm thinking XML as the save format. Opinions?

No qualms there, people don't need to know how you "save/load" items anyway, it should be hidden. :D

Software dev principles, programming to interface. :>

Great looking tool, I felt like there was lacking from the screenie but I'll check it out (the source) at home later...or whenever I get the time.

Edited by Erusa

grats on being pinned! :> (in a game where pinning means you got shot by an arrow and died, maybe it doesn't sound so good.)

Version 0.2 is up.

Updated the original post.

Thoughts?

Edit - I probably won't have much time to work on this until the weekend, but If it find time: melee weapons are the first thing slated to be worked on.

Edited by GottFaust

Wow, really dang useful! I discovered that my Ogris can average 6000+ damage every single shot. Good work on the tool. Hope to see it keep getting updated to be even more useful!

Wow, really dang useful! I discovered that my Ogris can average 6000+ damage every single shot. Good work on the tool. Hope to see it keep getting updated to be even more useful!

I'm glad you like it. Depending on the event (or lack thereof) this weekend I'll hopefully get some more work done on it.