The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you rather Play or Win?

Nah_NotReally

I'm the guy who does void fissure caps and exterminates by coloring his volt and kubrow like Sonic and Tails and then running top speed with just his fastest melee weapon while playing Sonic R music at 1.25x speed while shouting "GOTTA SPEED, JEED" at his squad.

I'm also the guy who colors his excalibur in Phoenix Suns colors and dunks enemies with mid-air ogris shots while playing Space Jam mashups and shouting "YA'LL READY TO JAM!?" at his squad.

So yeah, prizes are nice but I gotta have fun doing what I do.

I only play to have fun.  In Warframe specifically, I ignore Corrupted mods, and I have less than zero interest in attempting Trials or dealing with the Teralyst.  On the other hand, I have (over time) spent quite a lot of time and effort to get Tennogen and cosmetic items.  I don't do "costume contests" or show off.  I generally only ever team with anyone in public Defense maps if I'm trying to get XP quickly or for Rift Defense.  (For Rift Exterminate or Rift Mobile Defense, I'd rather solo.  I generally ignore Excavation or Interception.)

In terms of other games, I mostly play things like Kerbal Space Program, Space Engineers, Ark:  Survival Evolved (in single player offline mode only) and Factorio.  I'm not particularly *good* at any of them - I've spent most of the last year messing around in KSP without even managing to set up a permanent station around Minmus.  (Minmus is a small moon with very low gravity.  It's in a high orbit, but it's possibly one of the best places for setting up a mining operation to extract fuel to use on other missions.)

I play games because I enjoy spending time doing that.  In terms of actual accomplishments, I'm sadly just about as productive as if I spent my playtime watching my two goldfish instead.  :P

8 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

For fun, because what is exactly we're winning here? All the things obtained in the game are meant for you to play the game more. If you don't enjoy the game and play just for the "prize", then you basically won nothing.

Actually you're wrong , you just don't realize it yet .

7 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

Actually you're wrong , you just don't realize it yet .

I find your choice of avatar ironic, all things considered.  One of Tactical Potato's recurring statements is that if you're having fun, that's all that matters.  (Not actually how he states it, but I don't want to look like I'm trying to skirt the swearing filter to use a direct quote.)

If you prefer to play "to win above all else," then that is your choice.  It is not the only possible option.  If that makes you uncomfortable or angry then... well, maybe you should focus on growing up, *then* play to win.