Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Zaw Weapons to use Deluxe/Tennogen Skins

Cubewano

As the title states my request is a fairly basic one, I want DE to make it so that any full category weapon skins such as deluxes or tennogen skins are made equippable for zaws. It really makes no sense why this isn't allowed already, these skins can be used by every other weapon of the same category, so why shouldn't they be allowed to work for zaws as well? 

5 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

It might not be that they aren't allowing it, but that the two things are currently incompatible. i.e. a mewan weapon can be either sword or polearm. If rivens are anything to go by, the main indicator of a zaw is its blade.

Well, a polearm is always a polearm, a sword is etc etc.

I genuinely NEED this to happen lol. So many cool skins coming that I'd buy if I can actually use them on weapons I use.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Well, a polearm is always a polearm, a sword is etc etc.

I genuinely NEED this to happen lol. So many cool skins coming that I'd buy if I can actually use them on weapons I use.

You actively didn't read what he said. With regular weapons, sure, a hammer is a hammer, a sniper rifle is a sniper rifle. Zaws have multi purpose parts, one of the parts, the Strike, is the one that is used to count MR. This part can be used in several types of weapons. Take the Ooltha. It can make swords or staves. The game determines with the other parts what exact type it is, but just looking at the Strike means it could be anything. Sword skins work on swords, but not on staves and vice versa.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

You actively didn't read what he said. With regular weapons, sure, a hammer is a hammer, a sniper rifle is a sniper rifle. Zaws have multi purpose parts, one of the parts, the Strike, is the one that is used to count MR. This part can be used in several types of weapons. Take the Ooltha. It can make swords or staves. The game determines with the other parts what exact type it is, but just looking at the Strike means it could be anything. Sword skins work on swords, but not on staves and vice versa.

I read what he said, but it didn't REALLY understand the difference when posted. I figured since other equipment could model swap, it shouldn't be TOO hard to just swap models then transfer the parameters over. I read another post a bit ago that explained it more thoroughly. I guess Zaws are just fundamentally different there.

Seeing things like the hilarious oversized Zenistar skin and such gave me the impression visuals and stats weren't completely reliant on each other.