Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, What Does It Take To Be A Good Warframe Player?

raiden1337

That's the question.

I want to hear your oppinions about this.
For me personnaly it's all about the teamwork, 

as this game meant to be. Coop.

I'm now on rank 7 and finished many missions and sadly,
I see more and more players just rush the missions.
Especially when Infested are the enemies (ok, they're rly annoying sometimes
and they can't lock you up, but it's your duty to beat the sh*t out of them!)
This isn't Rushframe, it's Warframe. WAR.
Kill. Survive. Play as a team.

If you want to rush missions, just play solo.

I beileve that not only should you value teamwork, honor, and respect within the confines of the game itself, but you should also contribute and become involved in the community, as the community is the foundation of what Warframe is. A game built upon the requests of the people.

The power of one. You can do the same damage by yourself, almost like you can do with a full team, it all depends on how you play.

Each Warframe is a God in the hands of the correct player. Some are God in Frost, other with Volt put Frost in the corner, others with Vauban etc etc.

As for Teamwork, truth be told, the game does have a lousy teamwork "need". You can do mostly all missions by yourself with rather ease.

There is no actual need for the Teamwork, there is no "requirement" for teamwork.

Therefore, my 1st line, to be a good warframe player, you just need to master your warframe power. Everything else is an extra feature

That's the question.

A couple of things I would like to point out. You are already assuming a lot with the post, this is NOT a strictly co-op game, it is a mode you can play this game. There are options to solo and do private games which can be played alone or with only one other person. If it were meant to be a co-op game as you state these options would not be available to us.

Secondly, DE says they don't want us to rush, but they have designed this game to make us want to rush. Wall runs propel you forward, many of the combo moves throw us forward, all of the hidden areas (Void) are made to rush as quickly as you can or miss them, the obstacle course is designed to hone our rushing skills. The only big rewards are given at the end of the mission. The rush design goes on and on. Please don't blame your fellow party members for doing exactly what this game is designed to force our habits into. I want to also point out they said they don't want us to have a "farm" state of mind early in the game development and have done everything they could to make this nothing but a farm and grind game. It may not be the type of game you are hoping for, but it is a rush game so get used to it if you group with a pick-up group.

If you really want to be a great player of almost any game, play by yourself and figure a way to survive and do it well. Then if you group with people you are a one man army that brings a powerhouse to any party. A team of titans is a scary thing to witness. So many people rely too heavily on their team and have terrible Frame builds and weak weapons and then spam either their ultimate power to get kills or really have no clue how to survive when the fire is turned up. I played the first two months solo or with one friend and opened the entire galaxy map and tried as many weapons as possible to find the right one for my style. I feel I have grained a lot of insight to this game doing it this way.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

The power of one. You can do the same damage by yourself, almost like you can do with a full team, it all depends on how you play.

Each Warframe is a God in the hands of the correct player. Some are God in Frost, other with Volt put Frost in the corner, others with Vauban etc etc.

As for Teamwork, truth be told, the game does have a lousy teamwork "need". You can do mostly all missions by yourself with rather ease.

There is no actual need for the Teamwork, there is no "requirement" for teamwork.

Therefore, my 1st line, to be a good warframe player, you just need to master your warframe power. Everything else is an extra feature

Warframe is getting harder all the time.

The weapons and warframes got nerfed, the enemies lvl raises etc.

You will be glad when the time comes and someone is there to revive you.

Warframe is getting harder all the time.

The weapons and warframes got nerfed, the enemies lvl raises etc.

You will be glad when the time comes and someone is there to revive you.

For revives i can use those 4 daily revives.

I play in duo :p just because i don't like to solo, but that Warframe lacks a actual requirement for Teamwork... it's undeniable

For me it's to play with people not giving a crap about who's going to get the most scores at the end of the game. I don't have a Nova yet, but I've played some games recently with people being kittens on purpose because some Nova "steal killed" too much. I'm not not looking foward to that when I get my last blueprint for her. Even if it's not on the same degree, as long as everyone contributes and revives down teammates, I am more than happy.

A couple of things I would like to point out. You are already assuming a lot with the post, this is NOT a strictly co-op game, it is a mode you can play this game. there are options to solo and do private games which can be played alone or with only one other person. If it were meant to be a co-op game as you state these options would not be available to us.

Secondly, DE says they don't want us to rush, but they they have designed this game to make us want to rush. wall runs propel you forward, many of the combo moves throw us forward, all of the hidden areas are made to rush as quickly as you can or miss them, the obstacle course is designed to hone our rushing skills. The only big rewards are given at the end of the mission. The rush design goes on and on. Please don't blame your fellow party members for doing exactly what this game is designed to force our habits into. I want to also point out they said they don't want us to have a "farm" state of mind early in the game development and have done everything they could to make this nothing but a farm and grind game. It may not be the type of game you are hoping for, but it is a rush game so get used to it if you group with a pick-up group.

If you really want to be a great player of almost any game, play by yourself and figure a way to survive and do it well. Then if you group with people you are a one man army that brings a powerhouse to any party. A team of titans is a scary thing to witness. So many people rely too heavily on their team and have terrible Frame builds and weak weapons and then spam either their ultimate power to get kills or really have no clue how to survive when the fire is turned up. I played the first two months solo or with one friend and opened the entire galaxy map and tried as many weapons as possible to find the right one for my style. I feel I have grained a lot of insight to this game doing it this way.

Thats your point and it's fine for me.

If this is Warframe for you, go on, play solo or with your rushmades.

It is ok for me.

But it's not fair to force other players (espacially newer players) into your playstyle.

They want to know the maps, the types of enemies and explore the game.

They can't do that after a few minutes the extraction point timer counts down and the mission is over.

Just imagine you would be a new player to Warframe and this happens to you four times in a row,

you would delete the game because you started to late to catch up with the big boys.

And would miss a great game.

I know it's not your playstyle, but sometimes it's good to set the needs of other above the own needs.

That's the reason why I always open the partyscreen at the beginning of a mission to see whats the rank of my

squadmembers is. 

If they have a higher rank, I know this will gonna get fast.

If they are at low rank, I slow down a little bit, wait for them to see things in this game during the mission.

Don't Snow Globe on Infested Defense Missions.

Don't be a Door Hero on any Defense Missions.

Do stay with your team (ie. Don't rush a mission leaving the rest of the squad to deal with all the enemies you aggro'ed)

Don't run up and stand still in front of another teammate that is firing any weapon, especially explosive shell/arrow weapons.

Don't Snow Globe on Infested Defense Missions.

Don't be a Door Hero on any Defense Missions.

Do stay with your team (ie. Don't rush a mission leaving the rest of the squad to deal with all the enemies you aggro'ed)

Don't run up and stand still in front of another teammate that is firing any weapon, especially explosive shell/arrow weapons.

Up.

That's the question.

Teamwork, Skill, and Looking Badass While Doing It.

i just started playing and i dont rush i explore the map little bit at a time while am slowly making my way to the goal,it might take me longer to complete the map but atleast i know i completely explore the map.like most folks said in this post it all about how u want to play,some rush,some take they time and explore..