Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghouls Rewards

(XBOX)hulin1974

Anyone else find the new event a bit lacklustre? Isn't this a grinding game?

I feel at least 2 of the rewards should be harder to obtain or at least have multiple parts to collect so that you can craft it eg. BP, receiver, stock etc.

Are DE catering to casuals/noobs too much?

Discuss...

Hulin (Manchester Evening Noobs)

All Ghouls are good for are the gun blueprints, which most of us got in 2 runs the first time round (as long as we're not newbies) and the 52 lore fragments that only drop from rng which even hardcore lore players are saying they aren't prepared to go after the lore fragments if they're rng based so you can imagine how non lore players feel.  [edit] Forgot the slicing feathers stance that they drop for Gunsen...got that in 2 runs too [/edit]

Realistically anyone who's been here since before operation plague star will have so many hunter mods that it makes the drops from ghouls completely worthless, there's no potato or anything for doing x number of runs either.

In all honesty Ghouls feels like the dev's came up with some new enemies and then realised they didn't have anywhere other than the plains to use them so 'bolted them on' as a minor event. 

Edited by LSG501

39 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

All Ghouls are good for are the gun blueprints, which most of us got in 2 runs the first time round (as long as we're not newbies) and the 52 lore fragments that only drop from rng which even hardcore lore players are saying they aren't prepared to go after the lore fragments if they're rng based so you can imagine how non lore players feel.  [edit] Forgot the slicing feathers stance that they drop for Gunsen...got that in 2 runs too [/edit]

Realistically anyone who's been here since before operation plague star will have so many hunter mods that it makes the drops from ghouls completely worthless, there's no potato or anything for doing x number of runs either.

In all honesty Ghouls feels like the dev's came up with some new enemies and then realised they didn't have anywhere other than the plains to use them so 'bolted them on' as a minor event. 

Exactly, I got EVERYTHING in one run and will rerun it but not enough to collect all the fragments. The guns will come in handy on my route to MR25 tho...

Edited by (XB1)hulin101

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)hulin101 said:

Exactly, I got EVERYTHING in one run and will rerun it but not enough to collect all the fragments. The guns will come in handy on my route to MR25 tho...

I did run it a few more times to get all my scans for the codex but the 'alphas' annoyingly took me over an hour to get just 2 scans from this event, and I was just aborting it if they weren't on the first section to get the revised 3 of each... there was no way I was bothering at 20 when it was first released.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)hulin101 said:

Anyone else find the new event a bit lacklustre? Isn't this a grinding game?

I feel at least 2 of the rewards should be harder to obtain or at least have multiple parts to collect so that you can craft it eg. BP, receiver, stock etc.

Are DE catering to casuals/noobs too much?

Discuss...

Hulin (Manchester Evening Noobs)

We always farm to get parts to a weapon to level and then re-level with forma several times.

It's nice to have weapons we only need to level and forma sometimes. 

I'm MR 21 and appreciate the ability to  have some new weapons in my hands quickly to have fun with.  I dont always want to farm relics or events and then farm the parts or buy the parts.

So no its not catering to the new crowd.

The only reward issue I have with this update is the partial devalue of the grinding we did in the plague star event.

Hunter mods shouldn't be in the bounty reward table this soon.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Raygun_X_ said:

The only reward issue I have with this update is the partial devalue of the grinding we did in the plague star event.

Hunter mods shouldn't be in the bounty reward table this soon.

Not sure about consoles but on pc the hunter mods were dropping really easy, it's one of the few events where I can honestly say DE got their reward balance right, especially the 'store' where we could buy what we wanted instead of normal rng or preset rewards.

43 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Not sure about consoles but on pc the hunter mods were dropping really easy, it's one of the few events where I can honestly say DE got their reward balance right, especially the 'store' where we could buy what we wanted instead of normal rng or preset rewards.

That' why I say a partial devalue... The mods did drop often. They would have gone up in value over time as new and returning players that didn't play P star start looking for some of those mods.

Also the new bounties don't have as much value to those who played P star as well. I ran the bounties 1 each and have both weapons so lore in my only reward now and lore is not my thing.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Raygun_X_ said:

That' why I say a partial devalue... The mods did drop often. They would have gone up in value over time as new and returning players that didn't play P star start looking for some of those mods.

Not really by much though imo.  The event is due to come back and in all honesty the market would likely be flooded, at least on pc.