Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Devour Augment

(PSN)Boomstickman98

So, as I play Inaros quite often, I have realized that, much to my annoyance, Devour as a standalone ability really begins to fall off. Due to this, I would like to propose an augment for it. This augment, which I am going to label "Blood Shield", would allow a damage reduction of up to 10/15/20/25% for 2/3/4/5 seconds upon exiting a devouring state. This would allow the Inaros to not spend time getting all of his health back to just instantly lose 50% or more of that returned health upon exiting the state of devour. As for how this makes sense in a mythological standpoint, Inaros is very reminiscent of Egyptian Gods and pharaohs. Ancient Egyptians would sometimes offer blood sacrifices to their god. My view is that Inaros uses the blood received from devouring the enemy to protect himself, almost like how sacrifices were made in exchange for protection in our world.

What do you all think? Should such a thing only be applied if a shadow is created, or should it trigger as soon as you exit the state of devouring an enemy?

As a fellow Inaros player (he's my solid Secondary Frame, after my Main Bro Excalibur), I do agree that this would be nice.

I think it would be better to trigger after a sand shadow is created, but that would make it drop off in usefulness on higher difficulties, much like Undying. So perhaps after devouring a certain amount of Health?

Just now, Darkfeather21 said:

As a fellow Inaros player (he's my solid Secondary Frame, after my Main Bro Excalibur), I do agree that this would be nice.

I think it would be better to trigger after a sand shadow is created, but that would make it drop off in usefulness on higher difficulties, much like Undying. So perhaps after devouring a certain amount of Health?

I personally was think about the same, but then we come into the issue where ability Strength does not affect how much health we recover by using Devour. That poses a problem due to possibly having more power and thus draining health less efficiently.

Just now, R34LM said:

I once pitched that health drained from enemies would contribute towards filling up the Undying meter, meaning if you drain enough you could save an instant revive.

While that could be a interesting concept, that would not only make Inaros practically identical to Nidus, you would become way too powerful because you would have 4000-6000+ health on a self-healing frame that would all of a sudden be able to just revive instantaneously just by doing what Inaros is already meant to do.

Le 25/01/2018 à 20:14, (PS4)Boomstickman98 a dit :

This would allow the Inaros to not spend time getting all of his health back to just instantly lose 50% or more of that returned health upon exiting the state of devour.

So... You want an augment to fix an issue in the abilities' design ?

Wouldn't it be better to simply have the ability not take so much time to end ?

Il y a 15 heures, (PS4)Boomstickman98 a dit :

That's the issue. The ability only takes two seconds to end, but in that time you get absolutely riddled with holes in high level content.

And you prefer a bandaid mod rather than the issue to be fixed ?

I guess you understood properly how warframe works...

47 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

And you prefer a bandaid mod rather than the issue to be fixed ?

I guess you understood properly how warframe works...

If they were to remove the delay, then it would require them to put a new inhibitor in to prevent people from spamming the ability. That is why I am suggesting an augment that only acts as DR instead.