Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Feedback

(PSN)Boomstickman98

So, I reworked my Gara yesterday so that she worked with the new changes, and she is not really as bad as people were making her out to be. When I tested her out in the second mission of the sortie(interception), her 4th ability was actually able to hold up against light to moderate fire from Corpus Eximus enemies up to approximately level 90 before giving way. The only real issue was obviously nullifier bubbles, but that was a problem originally too. Obviously you will need extremely powerful weapons to thin enemy numbers, but that should not be a problem so long as you have already gotten sorties unlocked and played them for a while.

Now for bugs I have noticed. Firstly, the guns of the enemies can still reach through the wall. Now, this was a problem before, but I honestly hoped this would have been fixed. Secondly, the enemies can still hack interception consoles from the other side of the wall if the wall does not have excess space beyond covering the console. This is obviously a problem, as it makes MV less effective for defending targets. Lastly, nullifier bubbles, when creating MV, can destroy it in such an odd way that there will be portions of the segment remaining. This may be intended, but I highly doubt it.

Here are possible changes I would like to see: firstly, Mass Vitrify should be able to absorb the first 4 seconds of damage like Frost's SG. This is to give MV a small boost to resist heavy fire that it will no doubt need in sortie level matches. Secondly, Splinter Storm should have a rework in regards to how it is cast on allies. What I mean with this is that when attacking enemies, we can still use it as we have. When you hold the button though, it should burst outward in a radius, giving a buff to all allies in range, consuming either 15 energy per ally affected or 50 energy, whichever is higher. Of course, this would also be affected by efficiency, so that the more efficiency, the less both the cap and the energy consumption per ally. This way, it will work somewhat similar to Rhino's Roar, only applying to DR. Lastly, I would like to see the interactivity of Shattered Lash and Mass Vitrify get a rework.

How this would work would be that when Shattered Lash is cast on Mass Vitrify, it breaks segments in conjunction to the amount segments it collides with instead of destroying the whole thing. For example, you destroy a singular segment with the one-tap puncture attack from Shattered Lash, doing the total amount of damage of the explosion divided by the total amount of segments present upon casting(including what you destroyed). When you use the slash variant of Shattered Lash however, the damage will first be multiplied by the amount of segments destroyed, then divided by the amount of present segments on cast. As a mathematical example of how this would work: say you have 12 segments and your Spectral Lash deals 2912 damage. You swing with the slash attack, breaking half of all present segments. This would then equate to 1976 damage from each segment exploding outward at all enemies in range before resistances and weaknesses are taken into account. The reason for this rework is not just about the damage though. It will also allow players using it to effectively funnel enemies unaffected by the initial expansion in to the zone through creating openings for them, allowing for relative safety in killing enemies funneled in.

Lastly, an idea for a augment for either Mass Vitrify or Shattered Lash. For this, I thought that perhaps the mod could give up to 5/10/15/20% chance to apply the relevant DoT on the Spectral Slash's destruction of Mass Vitrify for 2/3/4/5 seconds. This would make sense, as glass can either puncture your skin or slice you up depending on which way you come into contact with it. To whoever actually read through all of this, thanks! Any improvements?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Edited by (PS4)Boomstickman98
fixed some calculations

On 1/30/2018 at 4:09 AM, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

The biggest bug I've noticed is if you're not the host and you're lagging badly, her Mass Vitrify doesn't even spawn. Your Splinter Storm doesn't even refresh, you don't become invincible and your glass wave simply doesn't create a wall or crystallize anything.

Hmm. I can see how that would get aggravating! (thought I responded to you already, but I guess not)

On 2/5/2018 at 10:34 PM, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Hmm. I can see how that would get aggravating! (thought I responded to you already, but I guess not)

Its a strange glitch. If its lagging and you're not the host, there is a delay before Mass Vitrify "spawns" from Gara upon activating her 4. If you wait a bit like a second or two, it spawns and the crystallizing wave does its thing. However, if you walk in any direction after activating her 4 without waiting for the wave to spawn, the ability cancels itself but it still costs you energy. Its like the delay when you're launching a Zenistar disk.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:29 AM, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Mass Vitrify should be able to absorb the first 4 seconds of damage like Frost's SG. This is to give MV a small boost to resist heavy fire that it will no doubt need in sortie level matches.

In light of the developer workshop on warframe changes, I'd say we got the better end of that deal, with MV scaling based on the health of affected enemies (i.e. the ones actually vitrified during the cast). You know that problem damage reflection and mind control have, where they're unable to kill at high levels? Yeah, by level 100, enemy health has scaled 7.55 times as much as damage (and that's actual health, not effective health). They haven't yet revealed what percentage of that health will be absorbed, but the scaling is probably the best we could have hoped for. Granted, it will be weaker when cast proactively on empty space, but there's nothing stopping you from casting again at a more opportune moment.

I like your Splinter Storm idea, as spamming it can be tedious. But breaking the wall in segments and doing a fraction of the damage seems like a nerf. Enemies tend to funnel themselves into the resulting choke point after breaking a section, anyway. I feel there's no need to complicate things by doing this manually. I don't really understand about the augment.

43 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

In light of the developer workshop on warframe changes, I'd say we got the better end of that deal, with MV scaling based on the health of affected enemies (i.e. the ones actually vitrified during the cast). You know that problem damage reflection and mind control have, where they're unable to kill at high levels? Yeah, by level 100, enemy health has scaled 7.55 times as much as damage (and that's actual health, not effective health). They haven't yet revealed what percentage of that health will be absorbed, but the scaling is probably the best we could have hoped for. Granted, it will be weaker when cast proactively on empty space, but there's nothing stopping you from casting again at a more opportune moment.

I like your Splinter Storm idea, as spamming it can be tedious. But breaking the wall in segments and doing a fraction of the damage seems like a nerf. Enemies tend to funnel themselves into the resulting choke point after breaking a section, anyway. I feel there's no need to complicate things by doing this manually. I don't really understand about the augment.

Thanks for your feedback! How the augment would work is that, when interacting with Spectral Lash's slashing sweep for example, the glass will shoot out and have a chance of doing Damage over Time (in this example being slash damage). At first, being able to break the walls into segments does appear to be a nerf, but it is not really much of one at all. The reason why this would not be a nerf is because, as it currently is, Shattered Lash destroys the entire wall instead of the one portion you might want to destroy. This will then allow for versatility with how the player applies their Shattered Lash, in addition to consuming less energy by not having to recast Mass Vitrify to only break it again shortly thereafter (I also just realized that part of the calculation was not taken into account.) Lastly, this was made before the update of Gara's MV scaling based off the health of crystallized enemies. I will fix those calculations in my original post right quick. I hope this helps you understand what I meant.

They nerfed her #2 ability pretty hard and I haven't seen many people mention this.

Prior to the patch, the shards you would collect over time added to the shield's damage and scaled seemingly infinitely.  If you built to buff like I did, the shield would stack up more and more over time and generally scale with the missions well past wave 50+ in places like ODD.  I could get my shield to stack up to 5-6 digit damage on long missions if I was able to maintain it the entire game.

I took my Gara into ODD today and found that the shards do not seem to be increasing the damage any more, and the shield just ticks for 3 digit numbers now.

I don't feel this is imbalanced or anything since 95% DR + 6 digit damage was a bit broken, but this was a really nasty stealth nerf overshadowed by the Mass Vitrify changes.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, Clowee said:

They nerfed her #2 ability pretty hard and I haven't seen many people mention this.

Prior to the patch, the shards you would collect over time added to the shield's damage and scaled seemingly infinitely.  If you built to buff like I did, the shield would stack up more and more over time and generally scale with the missions well past wave 50+ in places like ODD.  I could get my shield to stack up to 5-6 digit damage on long missions if I was able to maintain it the entire game.

I took my Gara into ODD today and found that the shards do not seem to be increasing the damage any more, and the shield just ticks for 3 digit numbers now.

I don't feel this is imbalanced or anything since 95% DR + 6 digit damage was a bit broken, but this was a really nasty stealth nerf overshadowed by the Mass Vitrify changes.

Yeah, really sounds like it! Did not even realize that!

I wonder if it would be easier to combine Splinter Storm effects on the self and allies into one radial effect?  So if you're targeting an ally or the ground (basically anything that isn't an enemy) it will automatically apply to yourself and allies in the radius.  I feel that would be easier and make sense. It would be more in line with other buffing abilities as well.

6 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

I wonder if it would be easier to combine Splinter Storm effects on the self and allies into one radial effect?  So if you're targeting an ally or the ground (basically anything that isn't an enemy) it will automatically apply to yourself and allies in the radius.  I feel that would be easier and make sense. It would be more in line with other buffing abilities as well.

That could work too!

1 hour ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Yeah, really sounds like it! Did not even realize that!

actually to correct my earlier statement on this, the scaling still works.  For some reason in the round I was testing with, nothing stacked.  In Dozens of subsequent tests, it's still working. Sorry for any confusion

33 minutes ago, Clowee said:

actually to correct my earlier statement on this, the scaling still works.  For some reason in the round I was testing with, nothing stacked.  In Dozens of subsequent tests, it's still working. Sorry for any confusion

No that is perfectly fine! You at least clarified, which speaks miles on finding what needs to be fixed!