Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manics

(PSN)karkinos654

Question

14 answers to this question

You can play with others to get the manic to spawn regardless. You just have to be patient and wait for General Sargus Ruk to say something like "Not even the Tenno will keep you safe." and something like that and lotus comes in with the, "Oh no, watch out, a manic is sent to kill the kavor." Boom, there's your manic. And manics have been known to spawn (in my experience) in survival missions as well.

In the average Grineer mission they generally have a small chance to spawn (although I think defence and assassinate missions don't count). It's very occasional though. 

If you can get a team together, the best way to farm them by far is to run Law of Retribution. Without a doubt, dozens of Manics will spawn. Naturally the main problem is that you need a team with enough cooperation to actually complete the raid though.

7 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

In the average Grineer mission they generally have a small chance to spawn (although I think defence and assassinate missions don't count). It's very occasional though. 

If you can get a team together, the best way to farm them by far is to run Law of Retribution. Without a doubt, dozens of Manics will spawn. Naturally the main problem is that you need a team with enough cooperation to actually complete the raid though.

Thats true about the team cooperation in Law Of Retribution. It's rough.

Defection is good for manics because its a confirm spawn around the 4th to 6th groups you've saved and can be quicker than other maps where it only spawns at the 20th minute mark - ish. As well as the chance of getting Harrow systems as well if you save up to 8 groups which is the hardest part to drop for Harrow.

Basically killing 2 birds with one stone. 

If you go to Ophelia (Saturn), a manic is guaranteed at 15:00. Even better however, is to do Clem's weekly mission. The manic should spawn pretty early. Kill it. If you didn't get the print you need, abort and launch the mission again. Repeat as necessary.

Edited by NullSaint

15 hours ago, (PS4)karkinos654 said:

Do you have to play defection missions solo in order for a manic to spawn or can you play with others to get the same results. I'm trying to get ash neuroptics and the app doesn't go into specifics and I can't really find much else anywhere else.

Other easy way to farm ash parts is clem help thing choose Uranus he spons at 5:00 or at 4:47- make sure to take nekros 

4 hours ago, NullSaint said:

If you go to Ophelia (Saturn), a manic is guaranteed at 15:00

What this guy said, except it's Uranus. I got Ash by farming Ophelia, plus you can farm condition overload there too. Rotation C (20/40min) gives Axis so worth staying for 20min. But best find a team that wants to hang around for at least the manic, if you join randoms there are many who leave at 5/10 for some reason. And yeah definitely have a Nekros!

Edited by (PS4)samumon89

2 minutes ago, (PS4)samumon89 said:

What this guy said, except it's Uranus.

Gah!

As an update, although you can get one to spawn doing the Clem mission, it doesn't seem all that reliable and doesn't work all that well. I've been doing them for about 2 hours straight, got 5-6 manics, and not the part I need (although I did get Ash NO a couple times). It'd be a lot easier if we could trade non-prime bps.

7 hours ago, VGPowerlord said:

As I recall, multiple Manics appear during the Tyl Regor boss battle on Uranus, but not all of them have a chance of dropping Ash blueprints.  So, you can kinda farm both Ash and Equinox at the same time.

Drekar manics spawn during this fight and they do NOT drop Ash parts.

Also, manic spawns are not guaranteed in Grineer survivals nor on Clem's mission.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Manic

The Manic will only spawn if the level's alarm is active, including missions where the alarm is active from the start (such as Excavation and Survival), and will announce its presence with loud, howling laughter.

1. A Manic is guaranteed to spawn every 3 to 4 squad rescues in Defectionwhen playing solo.
    • Multiple manics can spawn in this mission type, and as such, they can be hard to track down since they can die before reaching players.
    • The Lotus will even comment on the Manic's presence indicating it has come after the survivors.
    • They will fight, and can be killed by, the Infested.
  2. Multiple Manics are also guaranteed to spawn during the Law of Retribution raid.
  3. After completing the A Man of Few Words quest there is a high chance of a Manic spawning when helping Clem on Uranus. However, this is not guaranteed
  4. There is a possibility for a Manic to spawn after 14 to 16 minutes in any Grineer Survival mission, or after about 5 Excavators in any Grineer Excavation mission. While this can happen, it is once again not guaranteed.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
Added info