The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This needs to stop [Limbo]

Rabbid-

1 minute ago, Simoom said:

If it didn't stop bullets, the mechanics would be almost exactly like Bastille.  I'm sure DE wants each frame to have very unique skill mechanics.

indeed, why don't we all use vauban with bastille build from now?

2 hours ago, Crystalshadow98 said:

Maybe you didn't know majority of the players want sorties to be done quickly. 

Bringing a Limbo aren't going to make the sortie finish any faster, the timer is fixed. You'll just end up with much less killcount.

Also sorties are pretty hard to fail nowadays, it takes some extra special individuals to do so.

You want efficient? go solo, it's objectively the most efficient no excuse: no lag, lower enemy count, no one breaking the bubbles, etc. Public parties are for fun.

4 hours ago, Rabbid- said:

Since when did Limbo make the rule that whenever there's a mobile defense mission, you should use play frames with heavy ability in pubs.
And spy mission or ANY other missions are mission's that are free-to-pick-warframe

I'm just saying, if you wanna avoid problem, pick the most fitting (there are many to chose from) frame. Now of course I'm talking out of a sortie perspective here. When it is a regular MD I just go with whoever I'm currently playing since it wont matter anyway, Limbo or no Limbo.

And yes spy missions are free-to-pick missions, but I think it is only fair that you bring the best option for the task at hand, especially if you run a spy sortie or farm for Ivara in a group.

My point was that there are simply better and worse choices for every mission. I personally pick Frost for serious MD missions since his globe highly improves the success rate. Just as I ran Ash exclusivly while farming for Ivara or when doing sortie spies, because he can skip everything and 1HK crucial mobs if needed. All for the sake of my party.

Reading things like "people are going to play the way they want" and "telling limbo to not use cataclysm is like any other frame not using their abilities" makes me wonder... If limbo players are playing the way they want aren't they also FORCING others in team to play like he wants as well? I think he is and can't think of any other frame that does that. For this reason it is not the same as to ask other frames to not use their abilities since no one else can force you to a play style. The limbo players with max range are making me really frustrated tbh.

I like playing limbo myself but still I feel he is really limiting other players with the control he has over the play area and how his abilities work.

I have come to conclusion that few little changes to limbo would be in order to make team playing more pleasant. Quite simply Cataclysm shouldn't take team members in rift plane at all. Only way for team to enter rift plane could be via rift gate Limbo has left behind. In this case rift gate should disappear only when Limbo has gone far enough from it.

Cataclysm could be just an area marked in floor (like harrow's) and just giving a damage buff, sprinting speed and slowly pulling enemies and loot to it's center. This way Limbo couldn't make team adapt to his abilities but rather help the team using stasis and banishing mobs so they are easy to take down with melee, ranged or with abilities. Cataclysm would also help the team members that are staying close.

At least there would be less frustration and rage towards Limbos if everyone in team could do what they wanted... maybe.

7 minutes ago, zackharius said:

At least there would be less frustration and rage towards Limbos if everyone in team could do what they wanted... maybe.

Except of course the Limbo. As your changes will basically rework Limbo completely (he has a Damage buff ability, I don’t see him getting a second). Why not just leave Limbo As is, and people can just get over it? I do not like it when three Vaubans join and spam bounce pads everywhere, but hey, they can do what they want.

You have to keep in mind that Limbo is not the only frame that can force people to change their play style.

Edited by krc473

Limbo is the only bad frame in the game, only because his visuals don't tell do a lot to tell people playing with him what's going on and because he forces you to play a different way. You shouldn't have to be forced into a particular play-style because of someone else and I find making the necessary changes to him are far more important than anything they can do to ember and any other frame so he doesn't get so much hate.