Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadout Slots: Never Enough

Raspberry

Currently, you earn 1 loadout slot for every 2 Mastery Ranks of progression, plus you have the option to buy up to 5 slots with platinum. But beyond that, there is currently no other way to increase the number of slots you can have. There are over 30 Warframes (not including primes), and at MR 18 and having owned every single obtainable Warframe (so this excludes most vaulted frames), I must force some of my frames to either share a loadout slot or even just be "discarded" to accommodate another frame I'm in the mood for. Since I (and probably many of you as well) like to dedicate one loadout slot to one Warframe for convenience, this severe limit reduces the number of frames we end up using out in the field, due to our desire to pursue Fashionframe and keep consistent weapons and colors as well as our lack of desire to waste time readjusting them all on a "spare" loadout slot. I wince every time I change frames on my single Eidolon hunt/Index loadout slot because the colors mismatch, but I'd rather have mismatching colors than have wasted time recoloring every damn time I change something.

I've noticed that sometimes, the game appears to briefly freeze when I access a loadout that I haven't used in a while, so perhaps the reason DE is holding back is due to current server limits or unoptimized code. But as soon as whatever limitation holding them back is gone, I'd like for there to eventually be a way to obtain even more slots.

Preach it!

(and as always, the database space argument is nonsensical, you get unlimited weapon slots that cost much more database space at a much lower plat cost, and they just quadrupled orbiter decoration space for free) 

5 minutes ago, Snib said:

Preach it!

(and as always, the database space argument is nonsensical, you get unlimited weapon slots that cost much more database space at a much lower plat cost, and they just quadrupled orbiter decoration space for free) 

Great since you know so much about the database how bout you go and code for them! I'm sure if they could increase it they would but they don't always have the time to optimise it and after the first time they increased it (those 5 slots you can buy with plat weren't always they're) they would be enough numbers to see whether it was profitable. 

The reason they let you get more space in the ship is so people can place more things down which means buying more stuff.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet
Added more context to what I said.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Great since you know so much about the database how bout you go and code for them! I'm sure if they could increase it they would but they don't always have the time to do so and the reason they let you get more space is so people can place more things down which means buying more stuff.

Pretty sure more purchaseable loadout slots is just as profitable as increased Orbiter decoration capacity.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Great since you know so much about the database how bout you go and code for them! I'm sure if they could increase it they would but they don't always have the time to do so and the reason they let you get more space is so people can place more things down which means buying more stuff.

Oh, please, go whiteknight about something you actually understand please. They increase the space all the time, and of course it is a cost factor but nobody is asking to get the slots for free, they cost plat after all.

2 minutes ago, Snib said:

Oh, please, go whiteknight about something you actually understand please. They increase the space all the time, and of course it is a cost factor but nobody is asking to get the slots for free, they cost plat after all.

Yes I'm sure you've done extensive coding then as well as working on databases and optimisation of script so that it takes less space in a server. They've added in more slots before and have data regarding how many people bought them so if they were profitable enough I'm sure they would've done more. I'm not against the idea I'm just facing reality.

With Rivens I agree with the notion. (Many variable stats make even 90 of m quite the pile when looking at so many users)

However, loadouts consist fully out of stuff you already have stored anyway. Shouldn't be much more then some references and a name.

More should be possible without too much of a data increase.

And if anything they could try (at least those over the current cap) storing them on the users PC. you lose the functionality of having those everywhere you go but as they consist of stuff you have you cant really inject stuff you don't own as they would not show up.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Yes I'm sure you've done extensive coding then as well as working on databases and optimisation of script so that it takes less space in a server. They've added in more slots before and have data regarding how many people bought them so if they were profitable enough I'm sure they would've done more. I'm not against the idea I'm just facing reality.

Actually I have, but everybody is an expert on the Internet so that hardly matters, plus I have no doubt that DE are quite capable themselves in that regard.

We know from DE that selling inventory slots is one of their main income sources.

We know that a weapon slot costs a multiple of database space compared to what a loadout slot costs (the loadout slot only references the weapon, while the weapon slot actually stores everything surrounding it, if you want to search the forums I even calculated the exact space requirements in the past).

A weapon slot costs 6p, a loadout slot costs 20p.

Since I'm also an expert on profits I can say with confidence that loadout slots are more profitable per bit of database space than weapon slots. 

Now shush.

Edited by Snib

3 minutes ago, Snib said:

Actually I have, but everybody is an expert on the Internet so that hardly matters, plus I have no doubt that DE are quite capable themselves in that regard.

Great then go work for them...

We know from DE that selling inventory slots is one of their main income sources.

Yes selling weapon slots.

We know that a weapon slot costs a multiple of database space compared to what a loadout slot costs (the loadout slot only references the weapon, while the weapon slot actually stores everything surrounding it, if you want to search the forums I even calculated the exact space requirements in the past).

I'm not going to look at the to be honest I'll just take your word for it.

Yup that's the numbers.

Since I'm also an expert on profits I can say with confidence that loadout slots are more profitable per bit of database space than weapon slots. 

Great then tell me how much they still compared to weapons? As I said I'm sure they have the numbers and if it was as profitable as you say they then would've done so already.

Now shush.

Wow that's kinda a $&*^ thing to say to someone... in any case no I won't.

Just now, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Wow that's kinda a $&*^ thing to say to someone... in any case no I won't.

So you noticed. Good then. Now scroll up and see how you made every single one of your responses about myself rather than the topic at hand. Action and reaction (I'm also an expert on physics).

8 minutes ago, Snib said:

Now shush.

As a full time developer I can confirm this train of reason.

It can be done, limits are in place so somebody doesnt get 90000 loadout slots and destroy the server.

But 1 loadout slot per frame should be no problem at all.

6 minutes ago, Snib said:

So you noticed. Good then. Now scroll up and see how you made every single one of your responses about myself rather than the topic at hand. Action and reaction (I'm also an expert on physics).

No I've replied to each part of your topic with relevant information. Please go apply to work for them if you think you can solve the database issues, I'd love to have more slots until then don't act as though it's the easiest thing in the world. Also don't be a $&*^.... in any case I've said what I've had to say on this thread so I'm likely not going to post anything more on this especially with the way it seems to be headed...

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

No I've replied to each part of your topic with relevant information. Please go apply to work for them if you think you can solve the database issues, I'd love to have more slots until then don't act as though it's the easiest thing in the world. Also don't be a $&*^.... in any case I've said what I've had to say on this thread so I'm likely not going to post anything more on this especially with the way it seems to be headed...

You're still making it about me. I don't need to work for them, and my entire point was that database issues don't exist. At least try to pay attention.

il y a 23 minutes, Raspberri a dit :

I didn't make this post to start a contest to see who's smarter.

I can imagine. I tried opening topics on loadout slots once or twice in the past, and they all devolved into this $&*^ measuring contest on who knows more about database space arguing back and forth ignoring completely the actual topic. 

On the topic itself, yes, i would love to be able to get a bit more slots. I like to have frames with their own specific setup of weapons/companions etc each with their loadout. It breaks my heart to have frames i want to use out of the main rotation. I switched it up a bit again recently for example. All of this is also exacerbated by the fact that i have chosen meticulously weapons and frames and i like to keep switching what i'm using during my play sessions, and basically that means that i need loadout slots because otherwise i would spend way too much time changing my equipment between missions... And don't get me started on colour matching everything everytime. 

To be honest i would pay real cash to get more loadout slots. Not plat, CASH. Like Tennogen. 

There could be a database issue depending on implementation.

However implementing a 3rd party script, changing a loadout to specific parameters, shouldn't be that difficult.

It would be nice if we could get DEs oppinion on this apporach.

I discovered something that may be of interest. Every loadout slot you buy applies to all loadout types (PvE, archwing, PvP). Since 15+ archwing slots is FAR from necessary, here's my idea:

Loadout slots are purchased in bundles of 3, and they are universal, meaning you can spend one on any of the three categories. Max purchase limit of 5 sets of 3 if we're going to keep our current limits. Currently, I'm only really using 5 of my 15 purchased slots because I don't need so many archwing slots, and I don't play Conclave. I really could use those 10 unused purchased slots for my PvE.

Rather then start a new topic I'd like to bring this one back up. I really hope DE sees this and considers increasing the number of purchasable slots to something like 20 or 30 cause I personally know I would like to buy at least one for each of my frames.

For those who argue about server space/cost as a reason for not giving us more load out slots:

1. DE already gives a bunch of loadout slots for things like Archwings and Conclave which just sit there and mostly do nothing for most people, if the affect on server space was such a concern why would they so freely hand out slots which most people don't even use?

2. What were asking for isn't that DE flat out just give everyone a whole bunch of loadout slots, but that we be able to buy more loadout slots. Sure, if the entire player base was instantly given lets say 30 loadout slots there might be an impact on server performance, but that's not what me or others here are asking for. If someone doesn't need more loadout slots, they won't buy them, and they won't take up server space, and DE won't have to pay for the space. More purchasable loadout slots doesn't mean there will be a sudden massive increase in server space use as a lot of players won't purchase more slots unless they intend to use them.

3. For those who do buy more loadout slots, DE stands to gain more then just the 20 plat for the slot purchase as each slot likely represents an investment by the player which will likely result in more subsequent purchases. Most players use each slot to represent a frame build, so each frame that is used in a loadout slot is likely to be more invested into which means possibly purchases for things like Orokin Reactors, Forma, and cosmetics, each frame is likely to receive it's own set of weapons, which means more purchases for Orokin Catalysts, Forma, and cosmetics for them. Personally for me it would also mean a definite 35 plat purchase for another warframe articula to decorate my ship with.

Right now I'm forced to pick and chose which frames I want to dedicate a slot to and as a result a number of them just sit there doing nothing most of the time, however if I could have a slot for each and everyone of my frames I know I would invest a lot more into building new loadouts for them which in turn would likely result in more revenue for DE beyond just the 20 plat for a new slot. Seeing as how a new slot will likely result in more subsequent purchases I have a hard time believing it wouldn't cover the additional server costs for DE and then some.

I just don't see how DE could lose out in anyway by giving us a much larger number of loadout slots to purchase (not an infinite number though). If they do read this I really hope they take it into consideration cause they stand to possibly to gain a lot from this both from improving the player experience and in terms of revenue.

Edited by HappyApathy
Grammer