Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't Sarpa/Redeemer bullets crit? (Not just a low chance)

Nudal

So like the title says, is this a bug or intended? I can't find any solid information about this other than other people saying the same thing with no feedback. There's also no info on the wiki about this, it even lists it improperly as having 5% on the charged shot. This is my favorite weapon, and I'm not complaining, I enjoy redeemer and sarpa regardless. I just want to know if this is intended and why?

This isn't a maybe thing either, others have done the testing just like me now. Over 600 on the combo multiplier with no mods, then the same with True steel, Blood rush, and half of the gladiator set. Each test resulted in all the same damage numbers, never one crit. If you think it's because Sarpa has low crit, consider that at 3x multiplier, I was at 39.5% crit chance. Even if you divide that by the number of bullets (which isn't how crit works anywhere else) that would mean roughly 8% per shot.

Also, I'm not the first one to find this, but no one replied to the other guy.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

You should probably put this into the Bug Report section of the forum because it is unlikely that DE staff will see it in general discussion

Well, I wasn't quite sure if it was a bug or not, but if other think so I will.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

If something never crits at a 39.5% chance then it is definitely a bug

31 minutes ago, Nudal said:

Well, I wasn't quite sure if it was a bug or not, but if other think so I will.

Also try get video. I have a decent Sarpa riven because I love the weapon, and I notice this as well. It never crits. Even when I go up to 4.5x multiplier... 

12 hours ago, Arniox said:

Also try get video. I have a decent Sarpa riven because I love the weapon, and I notice this as well. It never crits. Even when I go up to 4.5x multiplier... 

Well, the person who tested before got Proof, but I can certainly do so as well. The only reason I hadn't made a video for this is because someone already did it would seem.

Blood Rush does not affect the ranged attacks of gunblades, whether the charged attack or the combo ones in Bullet Dance.

If you really want to prove this, use Harrow's 4 or an Adarza kavat. They boost all crit, and should apply to gunblade shots.

If they don't, then it really is a bug.

Also, if you want to know why I say Blood Rush doesn't affect ranged gunblade attacks, it's because Weeping Wounds doesn't either. Just try all 4 60%/60% elemental mods, then compare to a 4x combo + Weeping Wounds, then compare to no status mods. The Weeping Wounds and no status mods tests should be the same, but the 60/60 test should have lots of procs.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Blood Rush does not affect the ranged attacks of gunblades, whether the charged attack or the combo ones in Bullet Dance.

If you really want to prove this, use Harrow's 4 or an Adarza kavat. They boost all crit, and should apply to gunblade shots.

Also, if you want to know why I say Blood Rush doesn't affect ranged gunblade attacks, it's because Weeping Wounds doesn't either. Just try all 4 60%/60% elemental mods, then compare to a 4x combo + Weeping Wounds, then compare to no status mods. The Weeping Wounds and no status mods tests should be the same, but the 60/60 test should have lots of procs.

Assuming that's correct, then the shot should still have 8% crit chance with True steel. Meaning 8% failed to crit 600 times in a row. Given the benefit of the doubt that each pellet splits crit also, which like I said, isn't something any weapon does in the game, that still means that 1.6% crit chance failed 600 times in a row. It's a low chance, but it would have to be literally 0% chance to fail that much.

8 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Why would they not work? That seems kinda stupid to me. They are melee weapons, I think the mods should work with them

Here's the video proof as well.

Critical chance: +225% x Combo
5% Base. 
8% Modded.
x1.5= 14.25%
x2= 25.5%
x2.5=31.125%
x3= 36.75%
x3.5= 42.375%
Let's pretend Sarpa bullets split critical chance, and that multiplier mods don't work on them.
8% / 5 = 1.6% Crit chance per bullet. Roughly every 1 out of 63 Bullets should be a critical hit. RNG is RNG, but after a large enough sample size this should be accurate, and there should've been roughly 16 critical hits out of these 1047 shots.

Let's also pretend that only the first shot can be a critical, AND they split, even though this makes no sense. That means only 209 shots were made. If this ridiculous calculation were true, the gun STILL should've crit at least 3 times.

So, assuming that 1 out of every 5 shots is getting 1/5 of the crit chance of the weapon, even though it makes no sense, it still isn't 0% but it still does not crit, ever.

and if you think it's too fast and I missed a crit, I never once get the Berserker buff.

Edited by Nudal