The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe ideas?

(PSN)BR0TH3R_H00D_

Howdy folks! I'd like to see some ideas/types of frames people think would be cool additions to the current roster.

Feel free to go as in depth as you desire. I'll go first. I've always wanted to see a wolf/werewolf type of frame in-game, so here's what I came up with. Obviously there's room for improvement.

Name - Lupus (Latin for wolf)

Abilities 

1) Piercing claws - Tear through your foes with your claws, leaving nothing but, bits and pieces in your wake. (Strikes ignore a % of armor and deal damage based on the % of the enemy's missing health). 

2) The Hunt - Become invisible to your enemies, making them easy prey. (You and your allies become cloaked, increasing attack speed for the duration)

3) Vicious Maw - Devour those who oppose you, regaining health and increasing your armor with each enemy killed by Vicious Maw. (Increased damage the Hunt is active)

4) Strength Of The Pack - Unleash a devastating howl that stuns enemies. Every enemy hit, gives you and your allies increased damage from all sources.

Pathlock
Stats:
200 Health (350 at rank 30)
150 Shields
150 Energy (200 at rank 30)
225 Armor
1.10 Sprint Speed
106% Power Effeciency (115% at rank 30)

Passive: Pathlock can change between 3 emotional forms, Neutral, Positive, and Negative. In his Positive form Pathlcok and allies have 25% more movemnet speed and bullet jump. In his Neutral form, Pathlock has a chance to put enemies to sleep if they melee him, and in his Negative form, Pathlock draws more enemy fire, and receives 10% more damage resistance while blocking

First Ability: Empathy

Pathlock changes Emotional form (the form select works like Ivara's first ability) gaining a certain buff depending on the form selected.

• When Pathlock switches to Neutral form, he gains immunity to knockdowns and status effects for 15/20/25/30 seconds.

• When he switches to Negative form, he gains a 20%/30%/40%/50% damage reduction for 15/20/25/30 seconds.

• When Pathlock switches to Positive form, he gains 25%/50%/75%/100% more movement speed for 15/20/25/30 seconds

Power Range has no effect on this ability

Power Duration affects the buff duration

Power Strength has no effect on this ability

Power Effeciency reduces the cost of the ability

Notes: The ability dispels any currently any active abilities, except for Hatred. During Hatred and its debuff this ability cannot be cast, as to prevent spam abuse of invincibility

Second Ability: Hope, Trust, & Fearless

• In Pathlock's Positive form, he instills Hope in himself and allies granting a 10%/15%/20%/25% fire rate and damage buff, for 7/10/13/16 seconds.

• In his Neutral form, Pathlock and allies gain 7.5/10/12.5/15 energy on every kill,  for 7/10/13/16 seconds.

• In his Negative form, Pathlock renders allies incapable of feeling fear, providing a 5%/10/15%/20% damage reduction that caps out at 80% and last for 7/10/13/16 seconds.

Power Range affects the range of Hope, Trust, and Fearless

Power Duration affects how long the buffs lasts.

Power Strength affects the amount of weapon damage and fire rate, energy per kill, and damage reduction %.

Power Effeciency affects how much the ability costs.

Third Ability: Overpride, Calm, & Jealousy

• In his Positive form, Pathlock reduces enemy fire rate and attack speed for 6/8/10/12 seconds by 20%/25%/30%/35% capping out at 80% within a 9/10/11/12 meter radius.

• In his Neutral form, Pathlock calms enemies within a 9/10/11/12 meter radius for 6/8/10/12 seconds, making them believe that Pathlock and his allies are dead, making enemies revert to an unalerted state, as well making them oblivious to you and allies when you move in front of and around them, until the duration expires or they are alerted by unsilenced gunfire and damage, in which the ability will be deactivated for all enemies.

• In his Negative form, Pathlock instills jealousy in his enemies within a 9/10/11/12 m radius making them focus their attacks on their commanding officers and higher ranked enemies instead of you and allies, while dealing 200%/250%/300%/350% more damage to each other for 6/8/10/12 seconds.

Power Range affects the radius the ability.

Power Duration affects the duration of Overpride, Calm, and Jealousy

Power Strength affects the the amount of damage that enemies deal to each other, and the enemy fire rate and attack speed debuff %

Power Effeciency affects casting cost of the ability

Notes: Enemies will not be alerted if they see their commrades die, if they hear unsilenced gunfire, if there is an alarm a tive, or if they are attacked, but if they are attacked with an unsilenced weapon it will not alert other enemies, and stealth multipiers are active for affinity and finishers. Also enemies under the effect of Jealousy will not attack enemies of the same type, only other enemies. Ex. A butcher will not attack another butcher but it will attack a lancer, but if there is a heavy gunner, the butcher and lancer will both attack the heavy gunner over each other instead.

Fourth Ability: Delight, Tranquillity, & Hatred

• In his Positive form, Pathlock activates a draing aura, that makes enemies within a 4/5/6/7 meter radius take 3x damage from you and allies from all sources permanently.

• In his Neutral form, Pathlock activates a toggled aura that puts any enemies that enter its 4/5/6/7 meter radius to sleep for 5/6/7/8 seconds.

• In his Negative form, Pathlock activates an aura of invincibility for himself that lasts for 3/4/5/6 seconds that makes all enemies hate Pathlock, making them concentrate all their fire towards him instead off allies, and storing all the damage done to him as health and shields. After the invincibility, Pathlock receives a debuff that slows his movement speed and bullet jump by 75% and prevents Pathlock from receiving buffs, energy gains, etc from ally abilities for the entirety of the debuffs duration which is half the duration of Hatred itself.

Power Range affects the radius of Delight and Tranquility

Power Duration affects energy drain on Tranquility and Delight, as well as the sleep duration of Tranquility, and duration of Hatred.

Power Strength has no effect on this ability.

Power Effeciency affects the energy drain of both Tranquility and Delight to a greater extent.

Photeina (pronounced Foe•tay•nah)
Passive: Perform Finishers 100% Faster
Stats:
125 Health (250 at rank 30)
200 Shields
175 Energy (300 at rank 30)
190 Armor
1.10 Sprint Speed
106% Power Range (115% at rank 30)

First Ability: Flash
Photeina shines a light upon an enemy from 7/9/11/13 m away that disorients the enemy for 5/7/9/11 seconds, making them fight their teammates. Can be used on more than 1 enemy at a time.

• Power Range affects the range at which the ability can be cast

• Power duration affects the disorientation's duration

Second Ability: Outshine
Photeina creates a solid ball of hard light that decreases enemy accuracy and damage by 20%/30%/40%/50% within the 7.5/10/12.5/15 m radius, and lasts for 4/6/8/10 seconds.
The damage and accuracy of enemies can be reduced by up to 75% within the area only. The zone is stationary, and only moves if recast in a new area.

• The damage and accuracy reduction is affected by power strength.

• The ability radius is affected by power range.

• The ability duration is affected by power duration.
Third Ability: Lighting Way
Photeina activates a toggled aura that blinds any enemies within a 3/6/9/12 m radius that are inside the aura. Enemies that leave the aura remain blinded for 4/5/6/7 seconds.

• The blind duration, and the energy drain are affected by power duration, although effecincy has a greater effect on the energy drain.

• The aura range is affected by power range.

Fourth Ability: Hemera's Staff
Photeina activates an exalted weapon that is either an exalted speargun, or polearm. You can change which weapon you summon by tapping the fourth ability, and then then actually summon it by holding the fourth ability button. In Speargun form it has the following stats:
Primary Fire- Fires a beam of hard light
Charge Rate: 0.4 s
Total Damage: 270 damage
90 Puncture Damage
90 Impact Damage
90 Slash Damage
Critical Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplyer: 3.0x
Status Chance: 15%
Throw Spear- Explodes in a volley of light dealing damage and blinding enemies for 4/5/6/7 seconds, in a 7.5 m radius
Charge Rate: 0.6 s
Total Damage: 510
420 Blast Damage
60 Impact Damage
20 Puncture Damage
10 Slash Damage
Critical Chance: 50%
Critical Multiplyer: 2.0x
Status Chance: 10%
The Polearm for has the following stats:
Attack Speed: 0.95
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplyer: 2.0x
Status Chance: 25%
Total Damage: 150
20 Impact Damage
25 Puncture Damage
105 Slash Damage
Upon a slam attack, all enemies within a 15 m area are blinded for 4/5/6/7 seconds.
• Both exalted weapons scale off primary and melee weapons respectively, with the Polearm, not using Acolyte mods like all other exalted melees. Also damage of both exalted weapons scale with power strength.
• Duration Affects the energy drain to a lesser degree than effecincy, and affects the blind duration on both exalted weapons.
• Power Range has no effect on this ability.
Augments:

Cloaking Outshine:
Photeina and allies that enter the radius of Outshine, upon leaving the aura gain invisibility for 7/8/9/10 seconds. Upon re-entering Outshine, invisibility is dispelled, and is regained upon leaving the aura again. If Outshine expires, and player is inside aura, the invisibility is NOT granted.
• Invisbility Duration is affected by power duration.

Finishing Way:
Lighting Way's radius is reduced by 2/3 but enemies that enter it also receive 1%/2%/3%/4% of the total health and shields of all enemies within the radius, as finisher damage every second. If an enemy dies in the aura, then the damage of the ability is reduced. For example, if there are 4 enemies, each with a total 1000 health, then they will all receive 40 damage a second at base, but if one of them dies, then they will then immediately start receiving 30 damage instead, and so on.
• Amount of finisher damage a second is affected by power strength, but caps out at 10%.

Edited by (XB1)Matt12ofWar

Uh. . . um. . . I guess now is as good a time as any?

Behold, the only Warframe I will ever create, due in no small part that I am horrible with Warframe creation.

Feynman, the Nanotechnological Wonder.

Shes gone through a few slight tweaks and revisions, after having talked a bit to some frame-forming gurus, but, she's largely the same one I've had since 2016. Never quite figured out if she sounded any good or not, but, eh, 700 millionth tries the charm, right?

Oh, and, I think the basic gist of her in ""crunch"" terminology is "anti-armor-armored caster."

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Uh. . . um. . . I guess now is as good a time as any?

Behold, the only Warframe I will ever create, due in no small part that I am horrible with Warframe creation.

Feynman, the Nanotechnological Wonder.

Shes gone through a few slight tweaks and revisions, after having talked a bit to some frame-forming gurus, but, she's largely the same one I've had since 2016. Never quite figured out if she sounded any good or not, but, eh, 700 millionth tries the charm, right?

Oh, and, I think the basic gist of her in ""crunch"" terminology is "anti-armor-armored caster."

Nice concept dude, especially like the theme of it.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Matt12ofWar said:

Nice concept dude, especially like the theme of it.

Oh. . . uh. . . you, uh, actually read my attached piece? Well, uh, shet, thanks sir, so used to kinda shouting into the void that a direct response like that is, uh, refreshing.

Anything. . . uh, anything seem to go right or wrong with it?

42 minutes ago, Unus said:

Oh. . . uh. . . you, uh, actually read my attached piece? Well, uh, shet, thanks sir, so used to kinda shouting into the void that a direct response like that is, uh, refreshing.

Anything. . . uh, anything seem to go right or wrong with it?

The idea as an armor stripping caster is good, and I like how you actually use that to support the team. The fourth seems cool, but seems just a little rough to follow and understand what it actually does at first, and I like his passive a lot, but it might be a bit too strong just depends. Overall yeah though, you did a pretty good job. I've made like 4 or 5 Warframe concepts and yours seems solid. I don't think you should stop at just 1 concept btw, unless you just really don't want to make another. Yeah though, good job. 

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Matt12ofWar said:

The idea as an armor stripping caster is good, and I like how you actually use that to support the team. The fourth seems cool, but seems just a little rough to follow and understand what it actually does at first, and I like his passive a lot, but it might be a bit too strong just depends. Overall yeah though, you did a pretty good job. I've made like 4 or 5 Warframe concepts and yours seems solid. I don't think you should stop at just 1 concept btw, unless you just really don't want to make another. Yeah though, good job. 

Ah, I get that, Mrs F's big blob transformation used to be a heck of alot more overpowered then it currently shows. Basically turns her into a ground-hugging mass of chittering nanites and dissolving matter that exists to mash into enemies and devour them to take their statistics and keep it running. Self-Sustaining ""tank"" mode, assuming you keep it fed and have the energy to flip it on.

The passive piece is actually relatively new. I kinda tacked it on back when they were starting to unveil Warframe passives. If its a bit to potent , i'm sure I can tweak a piece here or a percentage there to make it more game fitting.

Oh, uh, thanks. Was aiming for a "solid" game-basis for her. Biggest key above all was for me to find a niche that wasn't taken that she could fill, its why I tend to avoid Warframe creation and place my gun, environ, and enemy works over it. Between Digital and the Big Sluggers like Mr. Rhekemi and Mr. Daemonstar, i'm small potatoes.

2 hours ago, (PS4)BR0TH3R_H00D_ said:

Loving these ideas, guys! Definitely have really nice ideas, I dig it.

Oh, uh, thanks on my part at least. Bit shocked anyone bothered at all for something that old.

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, I get that, Mrs F's big blob transformation used to be a heck of alot more overpowered then it currently shows. Basically turns her into a ground-hugging mass of chittering nanites and dissolving matter that exists to mash into enemies and devour them to take their statistics and keep it running. Self-Sustaining ""tank"" mode, assuming you keep it fed and have the energy to flip it on.

The passive piece is actually relatively new. I kinda tacked it on back when they were starting to unveil Warframe passives. If its a bit to potent , i'm sure I can tweak a piece here or a percentage there to make it more game fitting.

Oh, uh, thanks. Was aiming for a "solid" game-basis for her. Biggest key above all was for me to find a niche that wasn't taken that she could fill, its why I tend to avoid Warframe creation and place my gun, environ, and enemy works over it. Between Digital and the Big Sluggers like Mr. Rhekemi and Mr. Daemonstar, i'm small potatoes.

Oh, uh, thanks on my part at least. Bit shocked anyone bothered at all for something that old.

Yeah no problem, I know what it's like to put a lot of hard work into a concept, and then get almost no feedback. Glad I could at least provide some for you.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Warframe: Lux

Themes: Light, Prisms

Roles: Redirection, Damage

Passive: Increased Movement Speed and Efficiency while in Highly Illuminated areas

1st: Teleport to a nearby location,

2nd: Create a prism, which can be directed to face a certain direction, reflects projectiles into faced direction. Upon being hit by 3rd, creates several beams of status inflicting light in a spread of the direction being faced by the prism.

3rd: Fire a beam of multi-spectrum light that inflicts several status effects after being diffused through a prism, or fired independently to inflict a single, powerful attack

4th: Split into several spectres with reduced health, each time a spectre dies it's health gets diffused among remaining spectres. Press again to focus back into a single body

• 3 weeks later...

My idea for a new warframe is a new parasite warframe kinda like nidus but his power is to mind control and shapeshift.

Name:plague 

health:1000(max rank 2000)

shield:0(max rank 0)

armor:150(max rank 200)

sprint speed: 1.15(max rank 1.25).

energy:200(max rank 250/300).
power:1 any enemy you kill you form into a clump of infected mass and burrow inside of the dead enemy possessing It,Like Loki’s invis power it cost 1 energy per second,once your energy is out you revert to your original form.

power:2 sends out parasite drones which will target and seek out nearby enemy’s,once infected they are turned into allies for 25seconds costs 50 energy to cast.

power:3 send out clusters of leeches who attach to nearby enemy’s ,enemy’s will now search and open any lockers,shut off alarms and drop resources before exploding costs 10  energy.

power:4 like frosts ice globe you create an area of infection wich eats enemy’s and combines them to form infected Titans who patrol the zone and kill any nearby targets,costs 100 energy to cast lasts for 25 seconds.

this is my idea for a new warframe I hope you like it.

Edited by (XBOX)Ub3rW4ffle

• 6 months later...

New Warframe idea:

Name: Helix

Theme: tactician

This is Helix, the tactician, the analyst.

Helix ultilises his knowledge to fight his foes. He learn their weakness and exploit it.

Passive:

Depends on the enemy he is facing, Helix will decide which tactic is the best for the battle. Helix can cycle between different tactics and use them against his enemy:

Armor Render: Grineer enemies within his affinity range loses 30% of their armor

E.M.P. Protocol: slam attacks have 40% chance to get rid of Corpus enemies shield and disable Nulifier within affinity range. Robotic enemies have 30% chance to shutdown for 5 seconds, open for finisher

Anti-biological Substances: +20% damages when attack Infested enemies.

Void Reset: Sentient enemies within his affinity range lose one of their damage adaption

Ability:

1, Blind Gas: creates a gas cloud around Helix which can slow down enemies and inflict Viral and Gas proc

2, Condition Overload: Helix loses his shield but double the tactic bonuses

3, Power Links: allies within Helix’s affinity range receive his tactic bonuses

4, Finishing Touches: increase Helix damage, crit chance for each enemy affected by his tactics (include those within his allies affinity range)

New Warframe idea: Novis

Passive:A Stability gauge locates on his right shoulder default color white. The Stability gauge is always at 100% but decrease every time he uses abiltities. 
    *If the gauge is fully depleted, Novis' body will immediately ''Shatter'' to a energy shards and rock-like pieces. Allies can revive Novis on contact similar to Bleedout. 
     *During his ''Shatter'' state, Novis can't use weapons. Instead, there will be a 15m radius aura surround his location. Enemies within this aura will take 50 Radiation damage every 0.5 second with 100% Status chance. This aura will disappear when Novis is revived. 
     * Depleting speed of the Stability gauge is not affected by any mods. Novis regens 1% of the gauge per 1 second if he isn't using any abilities
     * Stability gauge affects Novis' some features. For example:
            Stability gauge is at 70% : 
     _ Weapons get 30% damage buff.
     _ Gain 30% Power strength.
     _ Take 30% more damage from enemies.
     * Novis' appearance changes as the Stability gauge depletes. The lower the gauge is, the more shatter and broken Novis' body will look like.

Abilities: 
1. Density (-2,5% Stability per sec) 25 energy: 
  Novis emits an 7m/12m/15m around himself, affect gravity force in the radius. Enemies within the radius:
        * Positive power strength: Matters'mass significantly increases, curve affect spacetime. Incomming projectiles and enemies within the radius will slow down.
        * Negative power stregth : Matters'mass significantly decreases, Incomming projectiles and enemies within the radius will become faster, but enemies' fire rate and damage won't change.

2. Force Field (-30 Stability per sec) 50 energy:
  Novis deploy a 135degree gravitational force field  at where ur aiming for, stop all incoming projectiles. On deactivation or duration expires, all captured projectiles will transform to ethreal energy projectiles hover around Novis. 
       * Holding ability key will cause the projectiles to homing on allies, regen their shield and energy.
       * Tap ability key will cause all projectiles to seek out and home on enemies, dealing damage and heal Novis.

3.Attractions (-20% Stability) 20 energy: 

Novis creates gravitational attraction on surfaces. Aim at any surfaces and use ability key:

* Hold ability key: Increase the acceleration of gravity force on that surface, forcing enemies to be forcefully pulled toward that surface. Holding longer results  in more    powerful pull force and wider pull range. Hold down 

* Tap ability key: Reverse direction of gravity force on the affected surface. Enemies will start floating freely in the air, are unble to move but can still shoot players .  Novis can move like Archwing in the reversed gravity atmosphere but slow speed. 

4. Collapse ( 60% Stability and 0.5% Stability per sec) 100 energy & 2 energy per sec :

Novis target an enemy, forcing it's center to brutally collapse into itself for 3s. A small Black Hole with glitchy lightrays auras is formed, chaotically affects surrounding gravity direction. 2s after the Black Hole is formed, the light auras will start expanding its size by 2m per second (cap at 35m), sucking all enemies into the Hole. On ability deactivation/death/out of energy, the Hole will disappear, all enemies sucked in the hole are released with 0% armor/shield and 20% health left. 

* While activating the ability, Novis will eventually down to his knee, unable to use any weapons or abilities. After the Hole is formed, Novis will be Immobilized for 10s. After 10s he can combat normally.

* Only after 5s Immobilized, Stability gauge regens normally,  

Edited by ntrquangteo

Theseus, The Slayer Warframe

Theme: Scrapper, adapter

passive: when Theseus kills an enemy, he gains scrap that will passively increase his armor. This scrap is also used and consumed in abilities 3 and 4.

Ability 1-Orions regard: Theseus studies an enemy and marks them. Theseus gains bonus critical damage and chance and regains a fraction of used energy when marked enemy is slain. This mark remembers the enemies types until a new mark is established. The nature Theseus’ abilities change depending on the type of enemy marked.

Ability 2-Adaptable Phalanx: Theseus’ armor adapts to the most recent marked enemy, gaining resistances similar to their types. He also gains extra bonuses dependent on marked enemy

Ability 3-Daedalus Craft: Theseus uses scrap to make a trap matching the most recently marked enemy, turning their strengths against them. These traps hurt enemies and/or buffs Allies.

Ability 4-Achilles Heel: Theseus evolves and improves his weapons, gaining damage type to counter marked enemies and a permanent damage buff. Theseus also increases his critical rate by 100% during the duration. The damage buff can only increase damage by the max of 100% and resets upon downed state.

He’s Greek themed of course but I wanted to make a Warframe that truly adapts to his enemies. Not something flashy but one that’s more of a skilled operator and rounder with offensive and defensive capabilities. He’s fairly straight forward in concept unlike most my other ideas. Didn’t put the specific effects for different enemy types because it would take a lot of time. As for background he would probably fit as a “anti-Tenno” figure, with his extreme adaptability, as in someone who would be an actual challenge to other Warframes.