Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please get rid of enemy rope/tentacle pull moves

(PSN)RaidenStorm888

To be specific I'm talking about the god damn maddening Scorpion "get over here" BS pull move enemies spam every two seconds. Literally the minute they show up they launch the piece of #### at me and drag me 5 miles across the room. You can't get out of it and if there is more than one enemy in the room that can use it you get dragged all over the place. In high-level defense etc missions, in particular, it can be game breaking. You can't get out of the move so by the time you get on your feet you're likely dead when in swarms. As if my language doesn't make it abundantly obvious the pull spam is ruining the experience. It has no place in the game. I will even accept the lazy route of creating a Warframe mod to cancel it.

It's only a matter of time before I bloody break my controller in rage. When that happens I'm not putting another dollar into this game until it's fixed. People have been screaming for it to get fixed for ages. It's high time some devs got off their &#! and did something about it. You've been hiding behind early access for too long it's made you lazy. I would like to know the level of support we've shown you would at least encourage some action. I'm also not interested in apologists starting S#&$ with me because my post comes off as "entitled". I'm at my wit's end with this S#&$. I've sunk enough money into this game to justify demanding a small quality of life change. Let's face it this change has a simple fix. I'm not asking for much.

It won't be fixed because it's working as intended. 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)RaidenStorm888 said:

I will even accept the lazy route of creating a Warframe mod to cancel it.

Excellent. There are several. Fortitude. Sure Footed. Power Drift. Constitution and Handspring reduce the time you're on the ground. Beyond mods, you can block with your melee, you can use quick melee with heavier weapons and some other weapons that ignore knockdowns or knockbacks, you can use frame abilities to prevent it, there are specific frames with abilities that make you immune to it. You can roll. Atlas' passive prevents it while he's on the ground and Valkyr's is a weaker Handspring.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)RaidenStorm888 said:

I've sunk enough money into this game to justify demanding a small quality of life change.

I genuinely wish for a downvote option.

@(PS4)RaidenStorm888 along with peterc3's info, Inaros's bug cloud, Rhino's sparkle skin, Nezha's hula hoop, Nyx's bubble fortress, Oberons weed farm, Harrows divine protection, Trinity's linked in,  Titania's spellbind...  probably others I am forgetting, all resist status effects, essentially nullifying.... better change that word, might trigger op and others as well, essentially removing the chances of these things happening.

I like these opponents and want them to stay as is.   Enemies that pull me close so I can stab them in the face?   Yes please.  Mods to change things you have an issue with are just that, mods.   They are not bandaids, as what they are used to counter isn't broken.  They are there to adjust builds for players wanting to counter some action taken by the enemy.  Two final suggestions.   Get some help.    If something like this in a game triggers you to this point, you have issues that need resolved with professional help.   Lastly,  think about how you would react if someone confronted you in the same fashion you are making demands to DE.   Willing to bet you wouldn't have a favorable impression of them or what they thought.

First of all, you are pulled because you seem to stay put on the floor. In high level missions I can play low armour WFs (like Zephyr) because I move constantly bulletjumping while Aviator removes 40% of the damage. 

Most enemies cannot aim that fast, none can pull me.

Try changing your tactics as it seems to be the problem.

It is based on knockdown effect ?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Knockdown

If you mod for knockdown resistance you are more likely to be safe from them knocking you down 
and pulling you over ?

latest?cb=20171007150527latest?cb=20171007154932

I play Trinity a lot, and notice during Link active period the scorpion would be impossible to knock me down, 
even when multiple enemies is all using the rope trick on you they ends up knocking over those with the link beam pointed to.

So I either need to waste 2 mod slots for Sure Footed and Fortitude to have a CHANCE to not being knocked out, or Constitution and Handspring to recover faster (it still knocks you down and drags you), waste energy to cast an ability every 10 seconds one of these guys show up (ancients after 5 mins become really common on infestation), play melee and block because they surely won't wait for you to change to melee and then block, be constantly on the air bulletjumping, or bring specific Warframes.

The only real counter we have is rolling, but I think that move feels a bit slow and stiff (even Dark Souls has a better roll and it is a MUCH slower game).

In my opinion what should be done is 1- Make the roll faster and better, and 2- Make it so these enemies don't always do the rope attack. The moment I see one I know for sure they will do the rope thing. It feels dumb, they charge at you and rope. Allways. And I dislike the pinpoint accuracy they have, they should not be able to grab you if you are almost behind them. Their arm is pointing one way, and the rope goes another, that has allways annoyed me.

By the way OP you could have gotten more support if you didn't act like a child.

personally, im ok with the hook shots...what im NOT ok with is the SPAM and the ping pong effect....THAT is what ticks me off to no end....ive recently had FIVE hook shots all within a second of each other, so i was literally getting pulled around for 6-8 seconds not being able to do anything.....THAT is what ticks me off the most.

I shouldnt HAVE to run knockdown resistant mods to have a CHANCE to avoid that....yes their are a number of powers that can also stop the hooks....but those are for specific warframes.