Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But why?

Sebastianx

6 minutes ago, Crystalshadow98 said:

I thought lato primes are founders stuff. 

Yep, and Lato vandals are alpha players stuff. Equally as important as Warframe evolved based on those players' feedback. But they decided to make Vandal MR7 and Prime MR14

Edited by Sebastianx

31 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Consistency? Why does it matter anyway?

To many people it does. try every high MR weapon release that's not that strong and every low MR strong weapon that new players get their hands on trivializing the low end content (on release mr4 tonkor).

So many comments on those types of things each time it happens. Guess they are finally acting on it.

18 minutes ago, Anzaman said:

Just woke up and had brother practically running my way saying how apparently Sicarus Prime is going from MR4 to MR14.

And this as new player sounds terrifying. I have been trying to look at nice weapons that'd be good to use but instead they just plan to increase MR levels needed for them. To be honest it just feels like an attempt to get some people to buy quick platinum and grab those weapons before changes hit the live servers.

Mostly just a coincidence in my book. the current stats of the Sicarus prime makes it a REALLY good end game weapon. so under the MR = strength train it would be either raise the MR or nerf the weapon.

I think I missed the point but as you pointed it out, anyone who has these weapons is probably already above those levels, so why is this change a problem...? I'm not being salty I'm just generally curious why you feel like this is a bad change. 

5 minutes ago, EmilotMargus said:

I think I missed the point but as you pointed it out, anyone who has these weapons is probably already above those levels, so why is this change a problem...? I'm not being salty I'm just generally curious why you feel like this is a bad change. 

In basic terms. "why is the prime one more powerful when they are just as old and relatively exclusive"

I don't care tbh...

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

In basic terms. "why is the prime one more powerful when they are just as old and relatively exclusive"

I don't care tbh...

If I'm not mistaken, in my eyes the prime versions were generally the stronger ones over the other versions, so this seems like nothing new. But eh, need to find something to complain about I guess. 

1 hour ago, EmilotMargus said:

If I'm not mistaken, in my eyes the prime versions were generally the stronger ones over the other versions, so this seems like nothing new. But eh, need to find something to complain about I guess. 

That is true, but the thing is these 2 aren't obtainable now for 5 years, and in a way they are the only equally powerful tools in our arsenals that for both founders and alpha testers means something. Lato Vandal owners can equally boast about being here for as long as founders, if not older. the Lato Vandal and Lato Prime are in a way the yin and yang of those times since they are the same weapon but a different variant, and as such they should be equal in terms of power, even if one specializes in something else than the other, and that's why them making the Vandal MR7 and the Prime MR14 feels like such a ungrateful move towards the alpha testers.

Right. Hold my greedy milk while I'm writing a salty essay about my Skana Prime losing to Prisma Skana/s

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Lato Vandal

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 7

Status chance increased from 5% to 10%

Crit chance increased from 20 to 26%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x

Damage decreased from 50 to 46

Announced : Current

X15gKzP.gif

*ignore Status-%

Though I have no idea why would they buff Lato Prime even further :shocked:, I guess that this phrase has never been so true: «Give an inch he'll take an ell».

I guess they expect people with "Grandmaster" title to at least be MR14 by now.

Buffing the item whose owner gave 250USD to a game that was going bankrupt isn't that unfair either considering there are many other alternatives.

Anyway, does it really matter?

I am sure the owners of either should all have cleared the MR requirement by now.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

as aforementioned many times, Mastery Requirements don't affect things you already have, or are acquired outside of the Market or Foundry.
and again as aforementioned many times, things are being considered in Categories by Mastery, whether applicable for acquisition or not.

excuse me while i laugh for a bit - it's a significant overall increase.

the last pass over made Lato Prime better than Lato Vandal anyways(while for a long time before that Lato Vandal was better than Lato Prime), so while you may have an argument point of why should one be better than the other, that time already came and passed.

I meant a nerf compared to the Lato Prime after they change it. And don't tell me Prime and Vandal aren't equal right now. Vandal has a bit more raw damage than Prime, while Prime has 10% more crit chance and 25% more status chance. So while yes, Lato Vandal WILL INDEED GET A BUFF, it would get an even bigger buff and on par with the Prime if they move it to MR14 like the Prime.

8 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I guess they expect people with "Grandmaster" title to at least be MR14 by now.

Buffing the item whose owner gave 250USD to a game that was going bankrupt isn't that unfair either considering there are many other alternatives.

Anyway, does it really matter?

I am sure the owners of either should all have cleared the MR requirement by now.

Exactly, and because of that, it's only fair to make the Vandal MR14 as well and buff the stats accordingly. Founders might have helped financially, but there were a lot of us who stuck with the game when it was just a mere husk of what it is today. Steve himself said that player feedback prompted them to act according to the community and thus the game was saved. There are 2 items that are "equal" in power that are rewarded to both, that's the Lato Prime and Vandal. DE making the Prime better for no reason is just sad.