Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 7

Status chance increased from 5% to 10%

Crit chance increased from 20 to 26%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x

Damage decreased from 50 to 46

Lato Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 6 to 14

Damage increased from 37 to 48

Currently both Vandal and Prime are at about the same power level, with Vandal having more raw damage and Prime having 20% status and 30% crit.

So why might I ask, would you make the Lato Vandal into a MR7 weapon and the prime into a MR14 weapon?

Everyone who has any of these weapons has no excuse to not be over MR14 by now unless they didn't care enough about the game, so don't tell me it's because of that.

Just now, Miser_able said:

As was stated in the post, weapons will be sorted into Mr categories based on strength, even ones that anyone can use such as dex weapons. It's probably a way to roughly judge how good it is by glancing at its mr rank. 

Imagine a MR 1 player sporting Galatine Prime and Tigris Prime before they even unlocked the second dream XD

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

As was stated in the post, weapons will be sorted into Mr categories based on strength, even ones that anyone can use such as dex weapons. It's probably a way to roughly judge how good it is by glancing at its mr rank. 

Anyone who has Lato Vandal/Prime has the weapons for over 5 years already so that argument means nothing when talking about these 2.

Just for consistencies sake since MR is now (finally) used as an additional balancing factor. Even when someone who owns such a weapon is MR5, they can still use it. The MR only limits people from gathering a weapon UNLESS they already have it.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Both are buffs but that is strange if a founder weapon needs a buff. By the time those founders whom kickstarted the game almost all are above mr 20 and maybe few left with low rank. Those are now unable to use their bought primes. Unless this change means they wish to release the founder pack.

Just now, Tunderke said:

Both are buffs but that is strange if a founder weapon needs a buff. By the time those founders whom kickstarted the game almost all are above mr 20 and maybe few left with low rank. Those are now unable to use their bought primes. Unless this change means they wish to release the founder pack.

If you already own the weapon when it's requirement is increased you can still use it. 

2 minutes ago, Tunderke said:

Lato Prime is a buff, overall damage of Lato Vandal is a nerf.

MR will match power of the weapon, and they willingly put Lato Vandal at MR7 and nerfed it a bit and put Lato Prime at MR14 and buffed it, even though they both currently are equal in power.

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

If you already own the weapon when it's requirement is increased you can still use it. 

That is true but there is no sense to change it otherwise if they not wish to release it. If they increase the mastery rank 1. They just wanted to increase the status level of the weapon which show how good the weapon is or 2. They want to release it to the public and if peoples reached the mr14 or above then those peoples able to use it.

Other hand I didn't really interested about it :)

3 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

Lato Prime is a buff, overall damage of Lato Vandal is a nerf.

MR will match power of the weapon, and they willingly put Lato Vandal at MR7 and nerfed it a bit and put Lato Prime at MR14 and buffed it, even though they both currently are equal in power.

Lato Vandal damage nerf and increased crit chance + status chance plus crit damage is overall a buff but it is something which means nothing special. Not weaker not stronger the weapon but now more crit type weapon which is always nice.

That was the idea behind it, maybe they just wanted to symbolize the strength of the weapon.

Edited by Tunderke

1 minute ago, Tunderke said:

That is true but there is no sense to change it otherwise if they not wish to release it. If they increase the mastery rank 1. They just wanted to increase the status level of the weapon which show how good the weapon is or 2. They want to release it to the public and if peoples reached the mr14 or above then those peoples able to use it.

Other hand I didn't really interested about it :)

Well they have discussed bring back Lato vandal, but Lato prime will never be coming back. 

Lato Vandal damage nerf and increased crit chance + status chance plus crit damage is overall a buff but it is something which means nothing special. Not weaker not stronger the weapon but now more crit type weapon which is always nice.

That was the idea behind it, maybe they just wanted to symbolize the strenght of the weapon.

Which is? Lato Prime has better status, better crit and now better damage. the strength of the weapon was raw damage over the Lato Prime while the Lato Prime had better status and crit.

Just now, Sebastianx said:

Which is? Lato Prime has better status, better crit and now better damage. the strength of the weapon was raw damage over the Lato Prime while the Lato Prime had better status and crit.

Both are buff in my book because now the lato vandal got more stats and only removed 4 extra damage but now you can use it for crit builds which is better in long term.

Both are buff in my book because now the lato vandal got more stats and only removed 4 extra damage but now you can use it for crit builds which is better in long term.

That's not the point. The point is they willingly chose to make Lato Vandal MR7 and Lato Prime MR14 and make one more powerful than the other to match their MR. If they go through with the change Prime is a direct upgrade to Vandal and while I don't want to cry about it, that's just a plain spit in the face for people who have been with the game since the first month over 5 years ago. I see no reason why the 2 weapons should have different power levels, they should both be MR 14 or MR 7 and stats to match that MR.

Just woke up and had brother practically running my way saying how apparently Sicarus Prime is going from MR4 to MR14.

And this as new player sounds terrifying. I have been trying to look at nice weapons that'd be good to use but instead they just plan to increase MR levels needed for them. To be honest it just feels like an attempt to get some people to buy quick platinum and grab those weapons before changes hit the live servers.

3 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

That's not the point. The point is they willingly chose to make Lato Vandal MR7 and Lato Prime MR14 and make one more powerful than the other to match their MR. If they go through with the change Prime is a direct upgrade to Vandal and while I don't want to cry about it, that's just a plain spit in the face for people who have been with the game since the first month over 5 years ago. I see no reason why the 2 weapons should have different power levels, they should both be MR 14 or MR 7 and stats to match that MR.

The answer to this is the founders are "better". And yes I agree with on you this and these weapons should be on pair with each other but this is more or like a fanservice to the founders to keep them special. Other than this there is no real correct answer but I guess DE learned about this a lot so not sure why they make the same mistakes over again.

The answer to this is the founders are "better". And yes I agree with on you this and these weapons should be on pair with each other but this is more or like a fanservice to the founders to keep them special. Other than this there is no real correct answer but I guess DE learned about this a lot so not sure why they make the same mistakes over again.

I thought DE was better than this :sad:

Also you understood my point, yay.

as aforementioned many times, Mastery Requirements don't affect things you already have, or are acquired outside of the Market or Foundry.
and again as aforementioned many times, things are being considered in Categories by Mastery, whether applicable for acquisition or not.

15 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

overall damage of Lato Vandal is a nerf.

excuse me while i laugh for a bit - it's a significant overall increase.

the last pass over made Lato Prime better than Lato Vandal anyways(while for a long time before that Lato Vandal was better than Lato Prime), so while you may have an argument point of why should one be better than the other, that time already came and passed.

1 minute ago, Sebastianx said:

I thought DE was better than this :sad:

Also you understood my point, yay.

I understand a lot but I cannot see any other point to this. Founders are important for DE and they just wanted to be kind with them and the lato vandal still is a nice weapon which when coming back it will makes a lot of peoples happy. They maybe thought the lato prime is founder only so us normal players doesn't really bothering ourself on this because we "never" can reach it. Which makes some question if they really will release the founder items and let others to buy it with the same prize like they did it long ago. This would be a right move and can justify the mistake what they had long ago with the founder packs. If not this is the case then they just simply want to make an another large gap between the players which is the worst option because the peoples doesn't like if they differentiated by devs.