Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

And what is more ridiculous than speculating about the future?

Um, not doing that?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

There is a significant difference between DE and Bungie.

For now. But attitudes like this give me pause for thought.

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

No. I'm not a new player.

Never said you were.

1 hour ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I'm having difficulty finding your point in that mountain of sugar you coated Bungie's actions with. Destiny 2 has been one, long unending stream of controversy after controversy, far more then ''While bungie did ignore the player base while they were on vacation they did finally comment weeks later on it.  It just wasn't the remove eververse everyone wanted.''.

They have been systematically telling their player base to go F*** a landline telephone.

I was just using the eververse point as an example.  Not getting into Bungies lack of feedback.  That's a mountain I'd rather not climb right now.  I am here playing warcraft now after all.  You didn't answer the question though did you.  Ignoring someone and not giving them what they want are two different thing.  Are you one of the self untitled internet masses that reason seems to elude?  Just a question...  Not saying that is you.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

And that entitles you to what, exactly?

Well, if they want my money, a product that works for me..? I mean, DE wants to sell something, they have plenty of customers telling them ''Hey, DE, that particular way those Prime Vault packs are set up, yeah, that don't work for us, could we get an option for only the cosmetics?''.

And remember, that's ultimately what the discussion is about, you speaking of ''entitlement'' implies I want free stuff. No, I want to not waste money on product I already have when all I want is the things I don't have.

I can respect that for some people it means nothing, they can buy every PA and every PV pack DE comes up with, when they release it. I don't have that luxury, the few times I can justify some fun spending.. I don't want to feel like I just burned half the money I spent on things I had for free already.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Like Artorias said; that goes dangerously close to “its just cosmetic” which as we all know is a stupid excuse since cosmetics affect your gameplay (enjoyment), especially Warframe.

There are many we don’t technically need to do in life. But we do it.

And like i said to him, spin it however you want but it is still just cosmetic. DE owes none of us anything. Being a grown up with a full time job and bills to pay trust me i am very painfully aware of the difference between want and need. For instance i WANT mirages access pack but its been a rough couple months and since i dont NEED it so i will be passing on it until i can get it. If i can get it. Its not going to ruin my warframe experience because an armor set is not going to make me any better or worse of a player because it is purely cosmetic and has no effect on stats of any kind. If you can nuke a room with it you can still nuke a room without it. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Yep and look at it now. Destiny 3 is not going to sell nearly as well as anything thanks to Bungies continued screw ups.

That's what they said with Battlefront 2 as well. That's what they said with Destiny 2. That's what they said with whatever Fifa game is the newest one. That's what they always say. And Destiny 3 will still go on to sell a godzillion copies and make Activision millions and millions of dollars. Because saying you're not going to buy somebody's game on the internet or hitting a like button on somebody elses Facebook page is easy, but people run out and buy the game on release day anyway.

1 minute ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

And like i said to him, spin it however you want but it is still just cosmetic. DE owes none of us anything. Being a grown up with a full time job and bills to pay trust me i am very painfully aware of the difference between want and need. For instance i WANT mirages access pack but its been a rough couple months and since i dont NEED it so i will be passing on it until i can get it. If i can get it. Its not going to ruin my warframe experience because an armor set is not going to make me any better or worse of a player because it is purely cosmetic and has no effect on stats of any kind. If you can nuke a room with it you can still nuke a room without it. 

The reason I linked that Jimquisition is because you're one of those typical folks to spout ''It's just cosmetics'' as if it means nothing in a game where half the experience is the cosmetics. There's a reason Fashionframe is such a big thing, why people absolutely love showing such things off. Because it matters, because it's not meaningless at all.

Seriously guys... relax... It really is just cosmetics, if THIS is the biggest complaint fans have for the game, then this game is pretty god damn awesome, if you want those cosmetics that badly just buy the unvaulting pack, they are cheaper than prime access already...

Just now, rune_me said:

That's what they said with Battlefront 2 as well.

Yep and that failed miserably.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

And Destiny 3 will still go on to sell a godzillion copies and make Activision millions and millions of dollars.

I feel sorry for you, what it must feel like to have so little faith in the human race. Sure, die hard fanboys and idiots will Destiny 3, but can you honestly say that with all the controversy lately surrounding microtransactions, Bungies complete disregard for players and its own game since it’s “too hard to make content”, that the grand majority of people would still buy the sequel if nothing drastic happened?

I'm sorry but you lost me at your click bait title and your circlejerk post trying to induce emotional responses instead of providing an actual argument. 

You're getting the equivalent of a 3rd tier PA minus the boosters for about 35 eu which is barely over 1/4th of the price of the PA (130 eu), and less than the stand alone accessory pack (45 eu). The combo pack is even better at 27.5 eu. 

Every unvaulting since the first one people have *@##$ed about this, i say stop spitting in the face of people who decide to shell the full price during the first PA release. You're getting a really good deal. Grow up. 

Yep and that failed miserably.

Second best selling game of November 2017, the most busy game month of the year? It didn't sell as well as Battlefront 1, but no reasonable person would claim it failed "miserably". In the end, it was very profitable for EA, just not AS profitable as the first one.

1 minute ago, Glavenusaur said:

Seriously guys... relax... It really is just cosmetics, if THIS is the biggest complaint fans have for the game, then this game is pretty god damn awesome, if you want those cosmetics that badly just buy the unvaulting pack, they are cheaper than prime access already...

See the post above yours. Cosmetics in a game like Warframe is like gunplay in a Call of Duty title, it's like the driving mechanics in a racing game. The very notion of ''it's just cosmetic so it's meaningless'' is ridiculous.

I would agree on that point in games where very little emphasis is placed on it.. like say, well, the game I'm currently playing, Dishonored, there cosmetics mean nothing because you get nothing in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Well, if they want my money, a product that works for me..? I mean, DE wants to sell something, they have plenty of customers telling them ''Hey, DE, that particular way those Prime Vault packs are set up, yeah, that don't work for us, could we get an option for only the cosmetics?''.

And remember, that's ultimately what the discussion is about, you speaking of ''entitlement'' implies I want free stuff. No, I want to not waste money on product I already have when all I want is the things I don't have.

I can respect that for some people it means nothing, they can buy every PA and every PV pack DE comes up with, when they release it. I don't have that luxury, the few times I can justify some fun spending.. I don't want to feel like I just burned half the money I spent on things I had for free already.

I can understand that. Everyone likes to be catered to. Unfortunately, that's not how the world works. When companies offer bundles at significantly discounted prices, individuals have a choice: either buy the bundle or not. Regardless of whether or not you have some items in a bundle or not, a company is not obligated to break up that one-time bundle to accommodate only a small portion of its customer base, especially if they do not see any significant need to do so. 

If a company sees that a current model results in a loss of revenue/profits, they will undoubtedly reassess their offerings and then take a look at what some customers have recommended. Otherwise, for them, it is just business as usual.

No it isn’t. That argument has been debunked many times. It’s in the game, therefore it affects ones gameplay and like I said, trying to use that excuse in a game like Warframe only makes it even clearer that you have no leg to stand on.

Except that it doesnt, cosmetics have NO effect on gameplay, they dont make you stronger, faster or drop more loot for you, its entirely vain with no benefit or disadvantage what so ever, just because its in the game does not mean it affects game play.

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

No it isn’t. That argument has been debunked many times. It’s in the game, therefore it affects ones gameplay and like I said, trying to use that excuse in a game like Warframe only makes it even clearer that you have no leg to stand on.

You're not getting any stats increase for getting them, they don't even grant mastery, so prime accessories don't affect gameplay in any way. If you can't enjoy this game without them and refuse to spend their value in order to improve your own experience, then that's entirely on your own.