Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

Also, to some of you.. you may benefit from actually watching Jim's video in the OP, then you might get OP's title and mentions of Bungie. Because Jim in his video asked DE to show that they don't have a Bungie attitude when they get called out (in this case by Jim) on what is without a doubt an anti-consumer business practice.

When Bungie gets called out that way, they spread the honeyed words and promises.. and then proceed to take the piss yet again.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Not the company. The mentality of said companies community is what I’m comparing. For now anyway.

If you wanted DE to take a Bungie mentality, then they'd off the PV accessories at the original price of when they came with PA ($50) as opposed to getting everything in a PV bundle ($40). It doesn't take a genius to see how ridiculously discounted it is.

4 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

How is ''We would like an accessory pack option for PV'', the same feedback DE gets with every unvaulting, not constructive? It's quite literally players telling DE they'd like an alternative product to what's already on offer. When that is constantly ignored, how long will those same people remain constructive..?

I don't even get why some of you are all like ''It's your own fault, buy it or F*** off'', when did it become bad to have options..? Those same options are there with PA.

Please dont assign intent or tone to these posts that isnt there.  i never said it was your fault, i never said or even insinuated anything you just commented on. 

All i did say is that they have publicly said they were looking at changes, one of those changes were that some vaulted content would be on Baro, and they said nothing else.  I also pointed out they will ultimately do what they want to do and they dont owe anyone anything. 

I never said my opinion on the unvault, i never said those that buy it are bad or those that dont are bad or anything else along those lines.  As a matter of fact, i would love to see cosmetics obtainable in other ways.  thankfully (and yes, i know im repeating myself) they have said they are looking at it. 

As for constructive feedback, what you quoted is absolutely constructive.  Starting a thread with a title of "fix the unvault or i quit", "prove you arent like developer X", etc arent constructive at all. 

13 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

THANK YOU

So, we should just give out Misa Prime for 10-20 USD because players aren't willing to spend on an already discounted Prime Package? I used Deluxe skins as an example because players also whine about how they bought the skin and now don't want to have to buy the bundle for just 1 cosmetic.

It could be worse, would you like DE to charge Vault Accessories for the same as Prime Access? I bet you would love that deal. Misa Prime + Extractor Prime by themselves for $49.99 USD. You also fail to realize that when Misa Prime was available from Prime Access, it was exclusively confined to the Inferno Pack which was $139.99. DE is giving an amazing deal with Vault Access, and everyone wanting separate accessories is seriously "asking for a mile".

Go back to your cave, trollman.

DE sells digital goods, not a limited stock.

If they want to sell for the same prices, it'd just be accessories, coupled with plat or boosters to make the rest of the price.

Let's take a look at the Misa for a moment. DE didn't make a pack for it at first...then they did it in every subsequent PA. They literally fixed what was wrong on their own. Why regress to this? 

Stop grasping at straws. You are not in the right here.

Edited by BeeOverlord

1 minute ago, Xantheis said:

Please dont assign intent or tone to these posts that isnt there.  i never said it was your fault, i never said or even insinuated anything you just commented on. 

All i did say is that they have publicly said they were looking at changes, one of those changes were that some vaulted content would be on Baro, and they said nothing else.  I also pointed out they will ultimately do what they want to do and they dont owe anyone anything. 

I never said my opinion on the unvault, i never said those that buy it are bad or those that dont are bad or anything else along those lines.  As a matter of fact, i would love to see cosmetics obtainable in other ways.  thankfully (and yes, i know im repeating myself) they have said they are looking at it. 

As for constructive feedback, what you quoted is absolutely constructive.  Starting a thread with a title of "fix the unvault or i quit", "prove you arent like developer X", etc arent constructive at all. 

That last part of my post was not specifically aimed at you, but a general comment on the tone of some people in this thread.

11 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:
12 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Bungie ignores player requests for Eververse to be removed.

Digital Extremes ignoring players who are asking politely for them to seperate the vault packs.

A very similar attitude

There is absolutely no comparison to be made between Digital Extremes with no publisher and Bungie with Activision. Bungie was given a ridiculous budget and a 10 year contract to make "X" amount of dollars over the course of the contract. Warframe is Digital Extreme's baby and they don't have some contracted publisher breathing down their necks to pile on dollar sales in their product. This is a very "cry-baby" post and simply greed when you don't understand business. Also, you pay $60 to get Destiny off the shelves (or digital download) plus an additional $30-45 for "DLC." Which if you play both games, you know is a joke compared to the FREE DLC that Digital Extremes provide. Digital Extremes provide so much FREE content that it's laughable when people make the claims you're making in this quote and that's EXACTLY what they are doing when they read this ridiculousness, LAUGH. Have you ever read the patch notes between Destiny's update and Warframe's update on their respective DLCs? Have you realized we've downloaded more updates and patches for Warframe (a 4-5 year old game) for FREE than Destiny 2 since it's release in September that has charged non-season pass members another $20 for it's shallow DLC? No! You're too busy complaining you have to buy a pack full of goodies to get a COSMETIC! A non-game changing piece of gear. Please think before you type, because you couldn't be more wrong about this "similar attitude" as you say.

This is like the third thread where this video is posted. After so many unvaultings, why can't people understand that they won't release accessories separately? I understand that it sucks for us, but it's their business practice and since so far they haven't budged from it, I doubt they will too soon. 

Spending so much energy over a few cosmetics is not healthy. 

Edited by aligatorno

42 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

This is probably the only microtransaction you guys do that is just a straight up rip off and a middle finger to veterans

It's a middle finger to old loyal supporters, DE is basically selling 2 full prime accesses for $60 when a single accesory pack is worth $50 and still has things such as the 90 days credits abd affinity boosters that many of people who buys them don't even need anyways. As someone looking forwards to buy Atlas Prime access whenever it comes, I hope the PV system is kept, otherwise I'll gladly save my money for his PV and farm him for free, if the game doesn't last enough for it, then I'll be happy of having kept that money in my wallet instead.

2 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

Go back to your cave, trollman.

DE sells digital goods, not a limited stock.

If they want to sell for the same prices, it'd just be accessories, coupled with plat or boosters to make the rest of the price.

Stop grasping at straws. You are not in the right here.

It's not grasping at straws, it's basic economics... and clearly waiting is cheaper than buying initially. Screaming for more discounts on top of that is just screaming to be spoiled...

I agree with this. I think the idea of having to be forced to buy something that you already have just to get cosemetics is a bit annoying. Just sell the cosmetics for a cheaper price, maybe a bit of plat, and slap a good.. Hm.. Maybe $19.99 on it in US dollars? Wouldn't hurt anyone. I'm not not only me would like this on Xbox. 

DE doesn't need to prove anything, they have done this for 3+ years and have kept the player base happy with their content. They don't lock key game items behind a paywall nor do they make you buy things forcibly to progress through the game. DE is definitely not Bungie and whoever compares the two company clearly doesn't know DE's contributions to the community itself over the past few years. DE gave everyone an opportunity, you missed it. Too bad. DE gave you another chance, you demand they make it better by the name that they'll make a profit either way. As we every company, they have a Marketing Team - you can try to talk to them - use the shiny Community Inbox Button on top of the forums.

P.S: Refer to Page 2 of my post.

I just watched this vid myself, and I can't agree more with Mr. Sterling.

The main reason the Prime Accessories (released alongside new Prime Access packs) are $49.99 is because a huge fraction of that price is included with those 90-day affinity and credit boosters you get. In all feasibility, the cosmetics probably wouldn't be much more than $10-15 at the most.

If DE did exactly what some users have been wanting, they'll end up making a bit more money in the long haul. Because it's good to give players an option to buy things they don't have, without having to shell out some extra cash for duplicate items or platinum that they've farmed years before, or don't have a need for respectively.

The cosmetic items that come with unvaultings should each be a subsequent pack for each Warframe. (Summus Prime and Daman Prime for Loki, Pyra Prime Syandana and Titan Extractor Prime for Ember, etc.) for a smaller price. This would not only allow people to buy cosmetic items that they need to complete their collections, but will also allow DE to make a little bit more money fairly.

$40 for just two cosmetic (The Extractor is a functional item, but you get my point) items is a bit unfair.
I'm saying this as someone who has spent outrageous amounts of money on this game over my five years playing it. This will only open up more options for the community and will help DE to keep its spot at the top of the hill as one of the best games out there in terms of monetization.

Not saying it has to happen, because in all honesty DE is pretty darn fair with us. I just think it'd be good to consider it.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, Cryoguard said:

It's not grasping at straws, it's basic economics... and clearly waiting is cheaper than buying initially. Screaming for more discounts on top of that is just screaming to be spoiled...

Good, because that's not what we're doing.

We aren't asking to pay less. We're asking to pay for things we don't already have.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)U_Suk_at_Lyfe said:

Warframe is Digital Extreme's baby and they don't have some contracted publisher breathing down their necks to pile on dollar sales in their product.

Neither did Bungie. It was their decision to inplement shady microtransactions. Activision didn’t ask them to do it. They could have made money any other way.

They decided to do it. DE are deciding to lock this content off and in that way, yes they are similar to Bungie.

2 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

It's not grasping at straws, it's basic economic

Funny, thats what an EA defender said too. Also you don’t seem to understand what we’re saying.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

Cool. You posted a video. Now perhaps you could give a transcript of the main point of the video, within your OP, because some of us don't want to (or can't) sit here and watch some youtube personality talk about a game for 8 minutes.

This is the same problem every time people spam Brozime videos, too.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Neither did Bungie. It was their decision to inplement shady microtransactions. Activision didn’t ask them to do it. They could have made money any other way.

They decided to do it. DE are deciding to lock this content off and in that way, yes they are similar to Bungie.

Funny, thats what an EA defender said too. Also you don’t seem to understand what we’re saying.

This is an important little nugget, it's easy to bring up Activision and pretend it's just more publisher bullS#&$. But the reality is, Bungie, the developer itself, complained that making ''real content'' for Destiny 2 was too hard, and Bungie, the developer itself, instead -suggested- and chose to go the route Destiny 2 has now taken, the Eververse, and all the bullS#&$ that came with it.

At the same time, it would be good not too pull things out of context. Off course DE isn't comparable to Bungie or EA in the level of bullS#&$ and consumer contempt they constantly demonstrate.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

OP I understand you want your voice to be heard but comparisons to Bungie is a tad bit extreme :clem:  The past year Bungie showed themselves to be completely self-destructive in nature and a complete lack of respect for their consumer base.  I've only been playing Warframe for 3 months and I played Destiny since beta for 3 years but it seems like DE actually gives a damn about their IP unlike Bungie. 

How DE sells individual items is basic business strategy. You'll get more $$$ selling a bundle than you would for selling one popular syandana. 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

If you want the cosmetics that will not be avaliable again for an unknown amount of time, yes you are.

The key word in that statement is want not need. They are not items that give a player a leg up on another player other than looking snazzy. For the record i agree that access packs should be sold separate on unvaulting but to accuse DE of being bungie ( ie. rigging the game in such a way that forces one to spend money ) is not even close to being reality.

1 minute ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

The key word in that statement is want not need. They are not items that give a player a leg up on another player other than looking snazzy. For the record i agree that access packs should be sold separate on unvaulting but to accuse DE of being bungie ( ie. rigging the game in such a way that forces one to spend money ) is not even close to being reality.

This is sounding very close to ''It's just cosmetic'', so I'll take that excuse to toss in a bit more Jim:

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Bungie makes the decision for the game, it's their game. Their decision is probably 90% based on the fact they have ACTIVISION breathing down their necks. And it since an accessory is not game changing, simply don't buy it. Think about it. People like you don't buy the accessory and don't spend a dime to get anything else in the game, how much money did Digital Extremes make off of you? Obviously, zero. Destiny 2, don't buy any of THEIR accessories or cosmetics and play the game to get anything else, how much money did Bungie make off of you, at LEAST $60 and if you want the entire game, you'll have to put in another $30-45, so somewhere between $90-105. There is NO comparison, please stop. I hope no one in Digital Extremes is even considering your idea of them being ANYTHING like Bungie.

I would hardly compare DE to Bungie, DE might not always do things I agree with but a lot of times their heart seems to be in the right place. 

That said ...... I'm also in the position where I do own everything, maybe not Bo Prime but maybe I do? I dunno I don't really care about Bo Prime enough to check. The two things I wanted out of the Unvaulting are the Corrupted Sentinel whoozles (specifically the mask) but Mostly Titan Extractor Prime (I am unfathomably boring). If I'd been able to get both of those for like ~$20 I wouldn't have thought twice about it. 

At this point they probably won't do anything tho because of the headache where people did spend $40 for a single item will be demanding refunds because that one thing is now available for significantly less..... So I'm reserved having to live without Titan Extractor Prime. I can kinda hope that next Unvaulting maybe but......