Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Chroma will never be tanky again: (UPDATED TO CONTAIN THE BEST BALANCING IDEAS IN THE FIRST POST)

DeadlyCreation

3 hours ago, DeadlyCreation said:

just think about wukong. even mirage is tankier than chroma now.

Actually Mirage's Eclipse has a ton of self-crippling hidden mechanics.  She will very very rarely get anywhere near 95% damage reduction in shadow or past 1/3 of her displayed damage multiplier outside PoE/Simulacrum.

Chroma is now around 30k EHP now with maximized modding now by my calculations, which is very decent on its own though is also far more resource draining than most other tanks to maintain it and unlike most other tanks has no CC/Status resistances.

In tanking potential and ignoring all else, he is behind: Wukong (Infinite), Nyx (200k+), Nidus (50k+), Nekros (42k), Mesa (36k), Inaros (31k), Trinity (31k) in EHP based on my own builds (ignoring arcanes).

I am not a big Chroma player so I don't have any strong opinion on this, just take this as my own personal analysis of where he stands as a tank.  Basically good but nowhere near the best anymore.

1 minute ago, Ailyene said:

Actually Mirage's Eclipse has a ton of self-crippling hidden mechanics.  She will very very rarely get anywhere near 95% damage reduction in shadow or past 1/3 of her displayed damage multiplier outside PoE/Simulacrum.

Chroma is now around 30k EHP now with maximized modding now by my calculations, which is very decent on its own though is also far more resource draining than most other tanks to maintain it and unlike most other tanks has no CC/Status resistances.

In tanking potential and ignoring all else, he is behind: Wukong (Infinite), Nyx (200k+), Nidus (50k+), Nekros (42k), Mesa (36k), Inaros (31k), Trinity (31k) in EHP based on my own builds (ignoring arcanes).

I am not a big Chroma player so I don't have any strong opinion on this, just take this as my own personal analysis of where he stands as a tank.  Basically good but nowhere near the best anymore.

Yeah but half of those warframes aren't tanks in themselves but require very specific setups. (Trin link, Nekros Shadows and health conversion, etc)

If Chroma has 2 things going for him, he better do them well and right now he doesn't. 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, Dragazer said:

Yes and multishot was originally supposed to consume extra ammo according to DE, should we nerf that too now?

Lol funny you mention rhino, when we have Mesa with her 95% dr shattershield that is effective against armor ignoring slash procs, literally immortal wukong,  Nidus with his insane regen and 90% dr cc ignoring link?

All of these completely outclass Chroma and Rhino in tankiness

Lol and did you forget? Rhino has a room wide radius stomp cc that completely shutsdown all enemy action and can be spammed, 

Chroma legit has nothing going for him now, no cc at all. 1 was worthless b4 and still is, 4 is a useless drain of energy still, vex armor just gutted to irrelevance. 

Well mesa can't take melee  with her shield

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (Xbox One)AntiCaesar:

Yeah but half of those warframes aren't tanks in themselves but require very specific setups. (Trin link, Nekros Shadows and health conversion, etc)

If Chroma has 2 things going for him, he better do them well and right now he doesn't. 

yeah chroma not or what. you literally have to take dmg to earn the buff. so if you cast it and some random enemy is dealing a ton of dmg you are still getting trashed. 

if you are talking from that perpective the only frames that dont reqire anything are rhino and inaros (since you just buff him instantly at the start of the mission)

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)bioblaze10656 said:

The deadliest enemies in the game all happen to use projectiles (heavy gunner,bombards,techs,napalms,scorch). Melee attacks are easily dodged and are telegraphed.

Edited by Dragazer

vor 1 Minute schrieb (Xbox One)bioblaze10656:

yeah because the shreds everything before it comes close. something chroma cabt do anymore. he is literally a potato shooter atm. a frame that cant defend and cant deal dmg. atm he is good for nothing

What the title sounds like to me:

"Why chroma will never be tanky again: because I've been spoiled all this time, not having to actually move around and Dodge enemy attacks. So I suck at playing the game. Now that his armor doesn't make me an undying elder dragon, I can actually die... And I really suck at actually playing the game without standing around, being a bullet sponge. So pls gib chroma his immortality back."

On 2/10/2018 at 6:16 AM, DeadlyCreation said:

He is a worse tank than rhino and even the buff is only on par. so literally no reason to run Chroma.

He has always been a worse tank than rhino. The buff however, is definitely not "only on par" it's actually much better than rhino's, with the trade-off that ppl need to stick close to chroma. But hey, at least you get lots of love & hugs

6 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

yeah because the shreds everything before it comes close. something chroma cabt do anymore. he is literally a potato shooter atm. a frame that cant defend and cant deal dmg. atm he is good for nothing

Because clearly I still don't see a bunch of other chroma frames killing the eidolons in 3-5 shots. (Sarcasm)

2 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

What the title sounds like to me:

"Why chroma will never be tanky again: because I've been spoiled all this time, not having to actually move around and Dodge enemy attacks. So I suck at playing the game. Now that his armor doesn't make me an undying elder dragon, I can actually die... And I really suck at actually playing the game without standing around, being a bullet sponge. So pls gib chroma his immortality back."

Know your role b4 you start talking

Spoiler

lB9f66T.jpg

KERQPFr.jpg

589 hours of playtime, You've played Chroma so little in that time period it shows up as 0.0%

Why do you even bother trying to throw shade with that kind of experience?

What a joke 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Maka.Bones:

He has always been a worse tank than rhino. The buff however, is definitely not "only on par" it's actually much better than rhino's, with the trade-off that ppl need to stick close to chroma. But hey, at least you get lots of love & hugs

chroma was a way stronger tank than rhino. his eHP were way higher.

and it is not better. rhino needs way less strength to have the same dmg output result. especially if you start having prime mods and rivens. because rhinos buff multiplies those too!

8 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

He has always been a worse tank than rhino.

11 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

I've been spoiled all this time, not having to actually move around and Dodge enemy attacks. Now that his armor doesn't make me an undying elder dragon, So pls gib chroma his immortality back."

Make up your mind is he immortal, or was always a worse tank than Rhino?

il y a 41 minutes, Ailyene a dit :

Jeez didn't know Nyx had such high eHP potential, nor Nekros (almost never used these frames), what frames do you use on these to get that kind of eHP ?

To be honest, for me the damage buff isn't a big deal at all. I can still kill eidolons relatively fast. My biggest priority is that scorn was nerfed as well and now he is a worse tank than most other tanks. If anything I'm praying they just give scorn its calculations back or at least buff the numbers as they are. Scorn took way too big of a hit when all they needed to do was fix a bug with fury.

vor 1 Minute schrieb The_Legend27:

To be honest, for me the damage buff isn't a big deal at all. I can still kill eidolons relatively fast. My biggest priority is that scorn was nerfed as well and now he is a worse tank than most other tanks. If anything I'm praying they just give scorn its calculations back or at least buff the numbers as they are. Scorn took way too big of a hit when all they needed to do was fix a bug with fury.

yes that was the original intention of this post. i mean the weapons in warframe are strong enough even without buff. but his armor took a huge hit. (BTW DE never mentioned that they will nerf scorn aswell. they allways talked about fury only) 

the problem is. if they give him his old armor values the aura would be way to strong. making almost every teammates unkillable. 

still i want the old one back.

27 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Make up your mind is he immortal, or was always a worse tank than Rhino?

Rhino is *still* immortal. The difference is that chroma can get oneshot from lvl 400+ mobs, and rhino couldn't... Btw me calling chroma immortal was just satire, not literal. Where rhino is literally immortal, in the hands of a good player. 

1 minute ago, DeadlyCreation said:

yes that was the original intention of this post. i mean the weapons in warframe are strong enough even without buff. but his armor took a huge hit. (BTW DE never mentioned that they will nerf scorn aswell. they allways talked about fury only) 

the problem is. if they give him his old armor values the aura would be way to strong. making almost every teammates unkillable. 

still i want the old one back.

Maybe they could buff his base armor so the percentages effect him more than teammates? idk, its just not anywhere near as tanky as he should be for the amount of work that goes into building the buff. With rhino it's hit 2 and live forever. You have to throw yourself at the enemies to get your buff with chroma. I think upping his base armor would help something at least. I just hope DE will listen to us.

41 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Know your role b4 you start talking

Hide contents

lB9f66T.jpg

KERQPFr.jpg

589 hours of playtime, You've played Chroma so little in that time period it shows up as 0.0%

Why do you even bother trying to throw shade with that kind of experience?

What a joke 

I don't need to play chroma, to recognize a bad player.

If you notice my most frequently played frames, are fragile ones. That's because I think the game is more fun, when I can actually die (Unlike some people here).

Know your place; if you have hours of gameplay than me and you're whining about not being able to stay alive, yet I can play squishy frames in sorties just fine... I'd say that I don't need more "wasted hours" than you, just to make my point clear. Quality over quantity. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

vor 3 Minuten schrieb The_Legend27:

Maybe they could buff his base armor so the percentages effect him more than teammates? idk, its just not anywhere near as tanky as he should be for the amount of work that goes into building the buff. With rhino it's hit 2 and live forever. You have to throw yourself at the enemies to get your buff with chroma. I think upping his base armor would help something at least. I just hope DE will listen to us.

in my opinion DE should give chroma his old armor back but making vex armor split between teammates. so when chroma goes alone he is tanky as allways but when having all teammates closeby the buff is split by 4. (so similar result like how its now)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Maka.Bones:

If you notice my most frequently played frames, are fragile ones. That's because I think the game is more fun, when I can actually die (Unlike some people here).

Know your place.

yeah thats 100% your playstile. but this is about a tank. a tank should tank and not be fragile as your beloved frames. 

2 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Know your place.

The thing you need to realize is that chroma just had his only uses taken away...

Need a tank? there are much better frames than chroma.

Need damage? much better frames.

CC? chroma has none.

There literally isn't a place where chroma should be taken over other frames anymore. He has no place anymore and people are allowed to be dissapointed about it. DE needs to fix it. Either give his 1 and 4 some CC, give his tankiness back or do something.

7 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Know your place.

And just because you enjoy squishy frames doesn't mean everyone else has to.

4 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

in my opinion DE should give chroma his old armor back but making vex armor split between teammates. so when chroma goes alone he is tanky as allways but when having all teammates closeby the buff is split by 4. (so similar result like how its now)

That's actually an amazing way around it, never thought about it like that. Would pretty much solve the problems.