Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Submitting tickets is way harder than it should be

Derunik

I'd like the "submit ticket" feature to be looked at, because currently it's very discouraging any form of reporting bad behaviour like AFKing and cheating. If you want to report someone for AFKing, you have to add proof, and usually the proof you need is a video. You can't add a link to a youtube video/ any other video uploading site, so you have to add the file to the report. Here's the issue: You barely get upload space, my 17 second video of a person AFKing can't be uploaded because the file is to big.
Ofcourse you don't get alot of space, just imagine the amount of space you need for all the incoming reports of one of the most played MMO's out there. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be an alternative to this. I suggest they make it possible to add a youtube link instead of uploading the file directly to their website. Some people will abuse this to link unrelated/ bad videos, but the majority of people will use it for the right purpose (people that link bad stuff can always be suspended).

Pretty sure if you want to report someone for AFKing/Leeching you could just take a screenshot of the end-of mission screen showing their inactivity or lack of participation and submit that. Then support staff will be able to review the player's stats and behavior in game to determine if further action is necessary.

I've always submitted images of AFK players and every time support has been able to do something with it. I submit a couple of images of them standing wherever they are standing (With the images taken some time apart to show they aren't moving) and then an image of the end of mission screen to show they didn't contribute to kills.

Also, you can put links in your ticket text so just give them the link to whatever proof you have. I provide direct links to an Imgur album every time I report someone

Just make sure to always give them at least the end of mission screen since that's about the best proof you can provide (Especially if they are leeching instead of simply being AFK)

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I'm not sure what part you find hard? Its pretty standard help desk/ticket systems.  And you can do it in game... As for proof can you imagine the abuse if it were "take my word for it?"

I'm all for the requirement of actual proof, I'm not against that at all, I'd just prefer it if the add proof function would allow me to post a link in it. I kinda thought you weren't supposed to put links of proof in the actual text, which is why I made this thread to begin with.

DE use a product called Zendesk for their ticketing system which is produced and hosted by a third party. As attachments are held on that third party server DE can't control the attachment sizes, it is controlled by Zendesk themselves. Links to images or videos should be fine though.