Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash: Bugs, changes, implications....

CircularReason

On the new Ash changes:

First, let's start with BUGS: Currently, Clones for bladestorm are not building the combo counter, at least not for client side. This is a major issue, especially for anyone using the Augment Rising Storm. Not that I would recommend anyone to use that augment, as Melee mods have that functional affect (more on this augment later). Also, at present, casting your teleport on any marked OR UNMARKED enemy during bladestorm will put you into bladestorm. This means you can't use teleport during bladestorm. Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon.

So, as an Ash Main, and as someone who really liked the look of the bladestorm animations, I can say that the recent change is actually quite a welcome change, from a practical point of view. Though creative and 'cool', going into the animations just took way to much time. So this is a good change. However, there are several implications to this. The first being, what is the place of shuriken now? It costs more energy, does less damage, and is less reliable (can miss) than simply marking two enemies with bladestorm. Now of course, the answer to this is: The augment. I always run with the augment, because armor stripping is great. But without that Augment, it would seem Shuriken is lost. Suggestions? Incorporate Seeking Shuriken? add more shurikens? I know all these things have been suggested before, but now more than ever I think a change is warranted.

And now, for those who never opt in to the bladestorm animation because it's simply not effective to do so, we have this frame, who has these secret hidden blades, that are now never used. I find this to be a shame. Perhaps they could create a custom finisher animation for teleport finishers that use the custom blades, just so that we who use the new bladestorm still remember that we actually have hidden blades, one of the main features of Ash?

Then there is the bladestorm Augment, which I think needs to be changed. I have thought this for a while, espeically because melee weapon mods can have the same effect. This is just my personal opinion, but I would love something that would add a bit of CC, for example "Marked with Fear": Marked enemies are slowed by X%. Something that would add some kind of effect to marked enemies that could help control some groups. I think this is what Ash needs to his kit.

Those are some of my beginning thoughts.

Edited by CircularReason

Perhaps a way to fix Shuriken is to make it cost 2 energy per shuriken, and/or make it an exalted weapon. As for teleport, one fix is for a 'tap to use as usual' and 'hold to enter bladestorm'.

As for the issue with special things like the extra combo counter duration from the augment, Chroma is also suffering a similar issue with Vex Armor not providing its buffs at all.

while i know everyone loves not taking part in BS, to me the change makes BS feel like nothing more than an advanced shuriken. It makes Ash feel more like a caster instead of a ninja. Opting in is ok i guess, personally i would like a bit more of an incentive to opt in so it doesnt feel like im just doing it for show now

16 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

while i know everyone loves not taking part in BS, to me the change makes BS feel like nothing more than an advanced shuriken. It makes Ash feel more like a caster instead of a ninja. Opting in is ok i guess, personally i would like a bit more of an incentive to opt in so it doesnt feel like im just doing it for show now

1 hour ago, CircularReason said:

Hypernaught1, I agree with your notion that there needs to be some kind of incentive to opting in besides "it looks cool". Maybe it charges up your shurikens or adds damage to your next melee strike. Something to make you want to jump in.

I marked targets for two reasons. Either to snipe a distant target grabbing any pickup near them, and return to where I was... or allow the marks to persist until I needed to activate bladestorm in order to dodge a bad situation.