Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, can we do something about bolkors?

motorfirebox

Bolkors are awful. If you don't have a tanky frame, there just isn't anything you can do against them. If the bolkor is shooting someone else, you can stop and take out the turret, but even that seems buggy—I've seen bolkors start sporadically shooting again even after their turret is destroyed. If the bolkor is targeting you, you basically have to hide and hope somebody else can take out the turret.

Every other enemy in the game has trick for dealing with them, even at high level. Nullies, take out the bubble or run in close and kill them. Heavy gunners, use a cc power or melee knockdown to keep them from shooting while you kill them. With bolkors, the trick is "hope they don't come after you". That's not fun.

A start would be allowing the turret to be targetable by Warframe powers. A Mag bubble or a Nyx mind control would do wonders. But there needs to be more. Something as simple as giving the Autocannon Of Death a magazine limit and a 5-second reload time would fix the problem.

I'm probably gonna catch a lot of crap for this but I think they're fine.

We're so used to being top-dog that the moment something challenges us, we call BS.

Bolkors are the C-130 of the Grineer empire. And last time I checked, C-130s are not to be trifled with.

Just play more carefully. You can hear them coming from literally miles away so just watch your back.

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

We're so used to being top-dog that the moment something challenges us, we call BS.

Bolkors are the C-130 of the Grineer empire. And last time I checked, C-130s are not to be trifled with.

Just play more carefully. You can hear them coming from literally miles away so just watch your back.

Can a C-130 shoot you for over 500m? With full accuracy? Probably not (but hell knows with how advanced crap is nowadays). Everything has a weakness in Warframe.....excluding bolkors....which have an arseload of armor, health and damage with no falloff. Watching our backs does nothing unless you have the reaction timing and skill to pop into operator and back out to avoid a massive deathvolley.

Even I have issues with them, and I see everything but annoying-cuck Vay Hek as basic-level gameplay. The thing I would compare them to would be the Fallen Dropships in Destiny: Carrying troops with two main energy cannons on the front that YOU CAN SHOOT TO DISABLE. Even at high levels, their ships' cannons are easily disabled with a clip or two of auto rifle/trace/scout rifles. Bolkors are a hundred+ meters up into the air with damage falloff already occuring for some player's weapons as well as a very very tiny hitbox from that far away to hit in order to destroy the turrets.

It's a complete design flaw in both dps output and near-invulnerability.

11 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

I've never been able to hear them. At all.

I only know that they're there when I randomly die to "nothing" and use my respawn I-frames to look up and see the three Bolkors right over my head raining death on me when I'm playing solo.

When you shoot the gun you do not destroy it. they pull it back for repairs. So after a while it pops back out. Luckily the gun has low health scaling so its easy to shut it down again.

But all in all. What I do hate about them. They are WAY too accurate.

A better function to them would be to start really inaccurate but gain accuracy as it fires. that will give a waring to the player as well as time to react. And also to stop firing when you are behind cover so you can use that inaccuracy to your advantage again.

2 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

Challenge is fine, but bolkors aren't challenging. They either kill you, or you run away. Or you play a frame that doesn't hassle little details like "hitpoints".

If the point of bolkors was area denial—like, you had a mission where you have to accomplish a task and get out before the flight of bolkors arrives and annihilates you—that would be fine. Or if you had to get to an objective while avoiding the bolkor's fire. Or basically anything that gives you an option for responding to them.

But just throwing them into the game like they're just another mob, that's not fun. You can't "play carefully" if you're defending an objective in an open field and three bolkors show up.