Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 9 Test needs to be fixed.

(XBOX)Madinogi

so. after 2 failures due to total bullcrap. i finally got this horribly designed and faulty test done. 

heres my experiences. 

try 1. 

Attempt 1. 

using Glaive prime. Throws the glaive. dings off the block infront of the target. even tho i clearly aimed at the guy. Target hears the glaive and i get detected. 

Attempt 2.

Same thing as attempt 1.

Attempt 3. 

Throws glaive. misses the target but apparently alerts him. 

Fail. 24 Hour wait.

try 2. 

Attempt 1.

kills the first guy. proceeds to kill the second. goes to kill third guy. Gets spotted even tho i 20ms away. 

attempt 2. 

walks up to the first guy to kill him. Gets spotted. Apparently he has a eye at the back of his head. 

attempt 3.

controller cuts out making me stand up and getting spotted. 

Fail. 24 Hour wait. 

Try 3. 

this time with Redeemer and Banshee

Attempt 1.

kills first 2 guys, shoots 3rd guy. Does half his health. Detected.

attempt 2. 

Spawns in Character immediately Shoots off her redeemer without my imput. apparently alerting the first guy. 

attempt 3. passes first 2 stages. clears out 3 of them. shoots 4th guy. does a quarter of his health. doesnt get detected. ends up falling off the platform and dying. so i take it. and proceeds to kill the last 2 guys thus completing the test. 

Seriously. WTF this test was so infuriating. the fact you have to use a melee. and dont even get access to your abilities. and the AI are so faulty that most of your fails wont even be because of user error but because of pointless glitches. 

its amazing how buggy it is. 

not only that but i absolutely despise. the 24 hour wait regardless of you fail or pass. 

first off. if you fail you should only have to wait 1 hour before you can retake it. pass? wait 24 hours. 

one thing i love about Mabinogi's Dan advancement tests is the fact that if you fail a test you can retake it right away. but once you pass thats your Test for the day. 

Warframe should honestly have that function not this overly harsh punishment. 

or keep the 24 Hour wait but let us spend some platinum to by pass it and retake the test again. 

but i know some of you will say "its only 24 hours." 

Dont Care if its 24 hours. 24 hours is too much for a punishment for such a minor problem. the fact you can fail because of glitches or the test is rigged so bad is too much,

"Git Gud" Not an argument. 

"24 hours will give you time to figure out or comprehend what you screwed up on"

1 hour is more then enough of a wait to figure out why you failed. 24 hours is excessive. 

oh and one last thing. it doesn't matter if their is no wait on retaking a failed test. if you continuously fail.  the punishment is youll never get through to the next MR thus gaining access to the goodies that MR has to offer. 

RANT OVER. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

it would have been better if we could use all weapons rather than just melees. OR use our abilities. Ash's smokescreen could mop the floor with this test 

which would result in ivara and loki users cheesing it, or any instant damage frame with max range and damage.

This test is not a difficult one in comparison to others and depends on using stealth without abilities - therefore using your skill. The option to practice exists so you don't have to wait 24 hours failing all the time and with some tests you may fail anyway, until you -master- them.

Actually a banshee and a fully modded Redeemeer should be enough. It's the same for the MR 19 test. Just take it easy and line up your shots properly.

Of course it has to be a fully modded Redeemer to ensure kill even with no stealth multi.

I mean I did it with a Cerata and Oberon but that's beside the point. Banshee + Gunblade is the way to go.

Edited by Guest

This is a general case of git gud, literally.

It's from trials and errors, but you'll eventually find out that they don't look up unless they are alerted; crouching lessen the chance of being spotted (20m away spotters won't be a thing. 1m will still see you tho); the glaive itself is wider than the reticle, so if you aim to a head near a pillar, there's a chance it'll bounce off the pillar; safest way to throw a glaive stealthily is to aim a little upward so you have 0% chance of a floor collision.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem
Also, since stealth frames doesn't work, i find valkyr with her soft landing to be the next best thing. No stagger landings to make you vulnerable.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

This is a general case of git gud, literally.

It's from trials and errors, but you'll eventually find out that they don't look up unless they are alerted; crouching lessen the chance of being spotted (20m away spotters won't be a thing. 1m will still see you tho); the glaive itself is wider than the reticle, so if you aim to a head near a pillar, there's a chance it'll bounce off the pillar; safest way to throw a glaive stealthily is to aim a little upward so you have 0% chance of a floor collision.

ahhh just got to love when people telly ou to "GIT GUD" in a scenario that has variables fully outside of your control. 

Good old ignorance. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

ahhh just got to love when people telly ou to "GIT GUD" in a scenario that has variables fully outside of your control. 

Good old ignorance. 

Most of the fails you mentioned above sound like controller fails and player fails.

"Walked up to" - "Shoots" .. doesn't sound very stealthy to me for a stealth test. Do the practice runs, get better at them instead of blaming everything else.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

Good old ignorance. 

its literally one of the easiest stealth missions ive ever seen

play hitman, assassins creed, hell SKYRIM or any other half decent stealth game, and this is extraordinairly easy... simply because ALL ENEMYS HAVE PRESCRIPTED REPEATING ROUTES

grab a dagger, get sprint speed, and finally have a decent power on it...

25 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

What he said. Use the towers. They never look up.

This is false. I did the test yesterday with the Jat Kittag, made sure I was channeling even, and I still kept getting detected. Didn't realize the one guy left after I killed the other two could hear my bullet jumping.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

Good old ignorance. 

Its actually not that hard, my guess is that you are using a direct path to the target in some way, usually, stealth is encompassing the entire area to find every patrol route before striking, either way, the sides and up are usually good blind spots.

1 minute ago, Cryptix123 said:

This is false. I did the test yesterday with the Jat Kittag, made sure I was channeling even, and I still kept getting detected. Didn't realize the one guy left after I killed the other two could hear my bullet jumping.

yes, using a ROCKET POWERED HAMMER is perfect for a stealth mission.... brilliant!

use a bloody dagger... even a sheev will do!

yf1La9O.jpg

No Banshee, no gunblade, no glaive, not hard.

It really is a case of practicing. As a tip however you can hit the targets through walls. As an example the ones on platforms up high can in fact be hit by air melee through the floor.

Edit: Eh, wrong test. Either way, one I posted above is the harder Mr19 stealth test. If I can do that with the equipment I used then it's entirely possible to do the easy version as well.

Edited by DeMonkey

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

Good old ignorance. 

Like i said, literally. There are a few variable like spawn points, enemy LoS draw distance, and such. You just be better on countering it (well, the controller disconnect on you is a different case, but i digress).

In my case, I've helped someone via share play (iirc it was someone by the name of crazyboys666), with input lag, pixelated image, and all he had that i liked was valkyr with the regular glaive. Took me a ton of practice but it is doable.

1 minute ago, Cryptix123 said:

I wasn't using slams, the kittag is just my longest ranged weapon. 

As for bullet jumps, how the bloody hell are you supposed to get on the pillars then >_>.

wall jumping upwards.... you know, that thing people do to wall cling?

range isnt an issue, ive always used an ivara with a sheev with no range on it... finishers for the win