Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do I do with these?

Gandergear

Spoiler

4ve8piI.jpg

What do I do with these? I already own the 3 worthwhile arcane sets (amp + 2 operator) and have no desire to get the other ones. Why not add buying plains resources with quill standing? 3000 for a heart nyth sounds reasonable when you get 17 flawless cores on a Tri-Capture.  In other words...

-Add Relic Packs (Syndicate standard) and plains resources (wisps, gems, fish parts) to the quill syndicate.

OR

-Remove the daily standing limit for the quills. It's really pointless and serves only to frustrate players since they can have so much backed up standing they can't turn in (Same goes with Ostron syndicate).

For obvious reasons I don't think we can have both (Although 1 tri-cap = 1 relic pack, no gating, is fair IMO).

I have 817900 standing backed up at this point, and players who are more active then I am have even more, and it only takes 1,340,500 standing to buy EVERYTHING (gild 4 amps, get all arcane sets, all fashion) without even taking in account your rank up free item.

Math Breakdown

Spoiler

All items: 1080.5k

All Ranks: 240k

4 Gilds: 20k

From 1 Tri-Cap

~60 intacts = 6k

12 excep = 6k

17 flawl = 20.4k 

32.4k standing per Tri-Cap, if you can manage 3 in a night that's 97.2k per night

2 Radiant Shards = 80k focus

3 Brilliant Shards = 75k Focus

225k Focus a night, if you can manage 3 that's 675k A night

You just save them. I haven't done an eidolon capture since before Plague Star and iirc I still have over 3000 intact cores alone. I have been at maxed rank for quite some time. Plains of Eidolon is a bubble of content, and once you have the necessities (1 Amp Arcane, all Amps gilded, 2 Operator arcanes), you can go back to the regular game. DE needs to give us a reason to use the Quills that isn't for Focus and actually enhances high tier content.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Relic packs from the Quills would be a good standing sink, but yeah. I figure that there needs to be something a bit more valuable available for purchase.

Nothing saying that they can't add new Amp scaffolds/braces or Prisms in the future. I'd be interested to see if that system is expanded a bit more, especially ways to modify the stats of your Amps with more than just Gilding. (A modding system of some kind).

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, Myscho said:

Wish i have so many of them like you, i barely made it to rank 3 to be able gild AMPs

Be ready for your acquisition rate to skyrocket. Once you have gilding and a non-Mote amp, it becomes a hell of a lot easier to hit standing cap per day.

4 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Once you have gilding and a non-Mote amp, it becomes a hell of a lot easier to hit standing cap per day.

Already have gilded all 3 AMPs, but problem is i dont really care about Eidolons/ dont have group to play with

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

Already have gilded all 3 AMPs, but problem is i dont really care about Eidolons/ dont have group to play with

Least annoying way of getting focus, biggest reason I do it. Once they drop Arcanes too then I'll be grinding for a different reason.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Once they drop Arcanes too then I'll be grinding for a different reason

Maybe ill give them second chance

Same reason i abbandon Plains after reached KIN rank, there is nothing to keep up my standing at max rank and repeating T5 bounty

Be happy you have so many, quills standing was scarce when PoE launched.   Asking for a change is like getting 3 wishes with a magic lamp, sure you may get what you want but there will be something else less desirable.  The little time gate to cash them in is okay, no one needs everything in 2 days.  

As also mentioned the focus gains is phenomenal and really cured some issues with hard to reach caps for many and the slow slow grind that focus was.  Having excess quills standing as a by-product isn't that bad.