Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashes everywhere as the host

-PLM-Billow

Okay so I think I've nailed down what causes the crash, it seems to be changes to mission parameters within the actual mission, when hosting (even when this is a normal part of mission flow). I've seen this multiple times now, and it also helps explain why you don't tend to see it later in a mission, this should mean that missions where there is no in game change in objective don't seem to cause any problems (for me at least).

Missions like extermination should be fine (I've run a few of those), whilst missions like mobile defence and Interception might lead to crashes (not tried). I should add hosting kuva missions is a big no-no, as the additional objectives crashed the game.

Really hoped DE would have a fix for this by now, seeing as how this wasn't a thing before the last hotfix...

Yes, I would also hope it should be relatively easy to pinpoint the breaking change inside last hotfix, because it should be there. But let's get to business, did you guys submit support ticket for this? Because this thread doesn't really seem to be noticed, which is a pity considering its a severe issue. Support tickets could actually be noticed. I linked this thread to my support ticket, but I uploaded the requested files just now (didn't notice the e-mail, mb) and I don't suppose anyone bothered to read the ticket before the logs were uploaded. I would like to know if there are other ppl who filed the tickets and if they got any response from the support team.

Edited by Tuxir
Cause grammar

Same issue here. When ever I am the host in any mission, I crash. Optimizing the game files did not helped at all. 
But if my friend is the host and he has an fx8750 he doesnt crash.

I have the 1700x Ryzen and the Nvidia 960. Like everyone else said before this didn't happen before the latest hot fix.

Ryzen 7 1700, not overclocked

GTX 1070, Driver version 388.71

Windows 10, Build 1709

Sometimes I get a Windows error on crash (Evolution Engine has stopped working) and sometimes the Warframe crash reporter pops up. Happened on Plains and normal missions. Started happening a lot today. Does seem to happen when people are joining, and I'm the host, as other people have mentioned, although I'm not 100% certain. I tried completely uninstalling Warframe and reinstalling it (through Steam) so we'll see if that helps at all. Going to do more testing later.

I don't have a Ryzen, but someone in game last night when I mentioned seeing this thread said that they were crashing a lot if in windowed or borderless mode. However they were better if in fullscreen? I'm kind of forgetting now, but maybe that helps some of you.

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I don't have a Ryzen, but someone in game last night when I mentioned seeing this thread said that they were crashing a lot if in windowed or borderless mode. However they were better if in fullscreen? I'm kind of forgetting now, but maybe that helps some of you.

I play in fullscreen all the time though, and I still have the issue, what you're describing seems like a GPU issue most likely when it's clear in this case that there's a CPU problem.

Same problem here for the last couple of days when im the host ill crash in just a few minutes makes playing really annoying that everytime your the host you just have to abort and try again hoping your not the host so you can play the game. Hope you guys can find the problem which seem to be something with AMD CPU's.

AMD 1600x

AMD 480 8gb

16gb RAM

Windows 10

4 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi everyone, we are aware of the recent increase in crashes that some players have been experiencing and we are currently in the process of tracking down the culprit. Unfortunately we do not yet have an ETA on a fix but we hope to have one in a timely manner. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/922889-2162018-patch-causes-a-game-crash/

Quick update, they're aware of it, lads. Let's root for them and hope for the best.

Adding my voice to the choir--oc'd Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060 6gb, 16gb ram. Been noticing this lately and couldn't figure out what caused it since it was so rare, but this theory seems to hold. As well as the theory that a change in mission parameters might cause it. Fortunately I try not to host too often since I'm on wifi, but I hope this gets fixed soon. ;;

Having the same problem. For me the issues have started yesterday, on Sunday and Monday had no issues . Game crashes to a warframe report window most of the times, with cases where there is a system crash report (Engine has stopped working) from time to time. Crashes seem to be random, different loadout, different  missions, different times and at least as far as i can tell, not a specific game event that i was able to replicate.

As everyone above i have an AMD Ryzen CPU.

System: Ryzen 5 1600, 16 gb ram, GTX 1060 6 gb, Win 10 x64.

Tried Verifying, Optimizing, checked drivers, disabled additional programs usually running in background.

Seems to be affecting only ZEN architecture, not all AMD. Friend has an FX series processor and seems to be unaffected by this.

Edited by Cairbre

It should be a priority they hotfix everything else. This is everyone with a ryzen cpu. I  am lucky enough to have an rog asus gaming laptop with intel in it. This game can't be played online unless you want to roll the dice. Needs fixed as Ryzen is popular now.