Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just remove spectral scream.

GrimAtrament

So what's your solution to replace it since Warframes have 4 abilities? Why is the immediate solution "I don't like it, so remove it." That's not how that works. Retool it so it's cast and forget? Make it a switch mechanic? Have it turn enemies into candy? Give something that can be used as feedback. 

3 hours ago, Sajochi said:

So what's your solution to replace it since Warframes have 4 abilities? Why is the immediate solution "I don't like it, so remove it." That's not how that works. Retool it so it's cast and forget? Make it a switch mechanic? Have it turn enemies into candy? Give something that can be used as feedback. 

My idea is to replace it with a elemental ball or you charge and fire out but it doesn't inturpt your nomral weapons. until it fires.

While charging it drains energy. 

Effect on max charge

Electric applies a static felt that travels to other enemies. On impact. 

Ice freezes enemies in a aoe slowing people who walk through the left behind aoe

Fire burns enemies in an aoe leaning a field of fire that does dps

Toxic applies a gas cloud. That does toxic damage to anyone walking through it

Edited by hazerddex

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

My idea is to replace it with a elemental ball or you charge and fire out but it doesn't inturpt your nomral weapons. until it fires.

While chaging thing it drains energy. 

Effect on max charge

Ice freezes enemies in a aoe slowing people who walk through the left behind aoe

That....actually sounds pretty cool. 

20 hours ago, hazerddex said:

While charging it drains energy. 

Effect on max charge

Ooohhhh....i was thinking of chroma stalking through a corridor holding a ball of melting flames...

Honestly i think the rule of cool would just really help spectral scream. More range, more utility, more effects. Melty fire drips off his armor and has heat waves coming off his body while breathing, leaving a trail of flames behind him. Ramp up the damage over time for increased cost, add special bonses for certain conditons met, and increase movement speed while breathing fire except when aiming, for those who like the slow movement. Allow sprinting while using the one with pelt off but for the base range it has now + allowing grappling attacks. Give chromas spectral scream its own finishers, where enemies can be grappled to the ground and finished by melting their faces. And enemies within 5 meters of him getting blasted by spectral scream should be mostly incapacitated, you should be able to trust in this ability enough to go toe to toe with a heavy gunner and not get pelted by bullets while attacking. It might even be that oh shil button in close quaters since his crazy high armor is no longer a thing apparently. Increase the range on his augment, and give it the same charging mechanic ember has, just over the course of 5 seconds or something. Pump it up. Thats all it really needs, they just didnt make it cool enough.

Range: frost cone treatment.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit.

I also had an idea recently for replacing spectral scream. My idea was a little more direct... Chroma is based off of a dragon... And I understand they and an ability to let you breathe elements at your enemies, but one thing chroma had always lacked is cc, which I think he could use more now than ever with the vex armor nerf. I was thinking if his spectral scream just did an elemental damage cone attack (very similar to Atlas' new petrify) you could give it Status chance to inflict elemental status effects based on your energy type. I think this ability would be actually fun to use and very useful to help with CC.

Edited by dgs6686
Typo

On 17/02/2018 at 4:32 AM, Sajochi said:

Needs to be more like this....

I'd actually like to see him simply get the "elemental" attack that the base frames for each element have---Ember, Frost, Volt, Saryn.

On the surface, might seem a little unoriginal, I realize, but in practice I think it'd be interesting and change the way he plays considering that it would allow the basic damage concepts of each energy type, as well as being a moderate bolster, even a rather huge buff to the non-cold types---Fire would have a nice ability to lay down actual fire and have a targeted minor CC/DD ability, Frost would add CC in a way that would restore some "tankiness" that was lost in the last translation, Electric would bolster the already more CC oriented concept of the electric abilities, and toxin(which would probably be the biggest buff of them all and render it a genuine DPS contender) would give your greens a genuine playstyle other than "neato, I can reload faster".

They even synergize well with the rest of his kit.  They would interact with ward about how you'd expect anything else to(not much, to be honest), but are given a very useful boost by vex armor.  Effigy gives opportunities for spore popping, or flame or CC delivery all from range(after all, it's basically decoy on steroids).

I think it'd make him a more interesting, more full kit warframe.

spectral scream is literally useless, why would you EVER press 1 and be incapacipated for the whole duration? i do more dmg if i fart, we need somethnig different, this is utterly garbage

maybe make it so that spectral scream is interacting with his 4 ability, like buffing it, supporting it, in some way, dunno

Edited by Vanrythzx

23 hours ago, Thrymm said:

I'd actually like to see him simply get the "elemental" attack that the base frames for each element have---Ember, Frost, Volt, Saryn.

On the surface, might seem a little unoriginal, I realize, but in practice I think it'd be interesting and change the way he plays considering that it would allow the basic damage concepts of each energy type, as well as being a moderate bolster, even a rather huge buff to the non-cold types---Fire would have a nice ability to lay down actual fire and have a targeted minor CC/DD ability, Frost would add CC in a way that would restore some "tankiness" that was lost in the last translation, Electric would bolster the already more CC oriented concept of the electric abilities, and toxin(which would probably be the biggest buff of them all and render it a genuine DPS contender) would give your greens a genuine playstyle other than "neato, I can reload faster".

They even synergize well with the rest of his kit.  They would interact with ward about how you'd expect anything else to(not much, to be honest), but are given a very useful boost by vex armor.  Effigy gives opportunities for spore popping, or flame or CC delivery all from range(after all, it's basically decoy on steroids).

I think it'd make him a more interesting, more full kit warframe.

Sounds little too blant to me. Personally I never use that base attack of Ember, Frost, Volt, Saryn, unless it's paired with a buff augment. Chroma deserves something new and original instead of reused meh abilities.

I'd start with combining his second and third ability into one, in similar way some of zephyr abilities were combined. You use both of them together anyway so there is little reason to have them split apart. That would leave additional ability slot for something new, then you could replace spectral scream with something original and make both new abilities have some interesting interactions.

I agree that in current form Spectral Scream does nothing and really shouldn't be part of chroma's kit. Yes you are a dragon that breaths fire...which tickles enemies.