Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of the Codex?

FuzzyNerfGiraffe

Question

11 answers to this question

helios has a mod available from cephalon simaris that highlights enemy weak spots once their codex entry has been completed, it's a bit like sonar on banshee.

You can just run with helios (and a scanner) if you want to get the scans passively. 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyNerfGiraffe said:

Besides having to scan certain items for specific goals in the game, what is the point of the Codex? Is it somehow helpful to go around scanning everything? I'm not seeing the benefit. 

It's useful for Simulacrum also. You can spawn only scanned enemies.

Edited by (PS4)Dublincore

The codex has tutorials for newer players about movement, game mechanics, etc. It also has useful information about enemies and items you can interact with that have weaknesses, rare drops, and locations\lore. However this information is hidden until frequent scans on the particular object. Also, you can search the relic system in the codex for item drops a particular type. For example: When mirage prime first came out, I went into the codex and searched "Mirage" which popped up a few relics that had mirage prime as drops so I know which relics I should be hunting for.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyNerfGiraffe said:

Besides having to scan certain items for specific goals in the game, what is the point of the Codex? Is it somehow helpful to go around scanning everything? I'm not seeing the benefit. 

You can also see where you can find all relics (and what they contain), mods, how to unlock new quests...

1 hour ago, xGryphus said:

Also you can see drop tables for scanned enemies.

This is honestly the best use for it. Not that I don't then jump to the Warframe Wiki to find out exactly where to go, but it's a good first place to look.

Plus, I like to look at my enemies at time. And it gives me something to work towards.

1 hour ago, FuzzyNerfGiraffe said:

OK, makes sense. Thanks. 

Make sure to scan the normal version of an invasion enemy before progressing past the Second Dream quest. If you need more clarification on it let me know, trying not to spoil anything. I did not complete the scans and it haunts me to this day.