Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Support? "Rate My Build"?

NIkuno

Question

Finally got to unlocking Nekros prime with the intent to do a shadow pet-type build, but then I got to thinking... He is one of a few frames that forces extra loot, and everyone uses the health and energy orbs, and of course everyone needs ammo. As a note, I generally only do the basic tasks like alerts, invasions, relic hunts, and leveling gear, so I have no idea how this would fair for end game content. With that said, I love to play support, but only using Oberon or Trinity is kind of boring after a while.

After two forma, this is what I came up with:

OqAfG9g.png

cS8izdi.png

Modified Desecrate build, using two augments, which synergizes really well with equilibrium. Soul Survivor for the only ranged revive I can think of, with the bonus of no longer deactivating Desecrate because of Despoil. I then primarily use Terrify to crowd control and debuff with great range to then trigger the energy orb pick up. Lastly, power efficiency mods and Rejuvenation Aura so that I don't die from Despoil, and a small benefit of not having mobs get too out of hand from Terrify duration.

Edited by NIkuno
Edited pictures

15 answers to this question

Swapping Augur Reach for Health Conversion will give you massive damage mitigation with Shadows, it will always be at 450x3 Armour due to the HP drain of Despoil.
and Rejuvenation is totally pointless given how many HP orbs will be available.

Edited by Carnage2K4

1. If you want 75% efficiency, get a 1-from-the-top streamline and fleeting expertise.

2. I run a similar build, but...
- Corrosive Projection, because health orbs are good enough to regenerate your allies (unless bad RNG)
- Augur Reach for Health Conversion
- Personally not running full efficiency, Swapped fleeting expertise for Primed Vigor
- If running a melee build (Status/Crit melee hybrid for me), swap out Vitality for Gladiator mod (+health)

13 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Swapping Augur Reach for Health Conversion will give you massive damage mitigation with Shadows.
and Rejuvenation is totally pointless given how many HP orbs will be available.

Could you explain this a bit more please? Or rather, the interaction with Shadows?

11 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I would get rid of fleeting expertise. With equilibrium and despoil you are going to be swimming in energy. Plus the extra duration will help with shadows and #2.

Fleeting Expertise is there to get the health cost of Despoil down to 3 Health per, and I rather like having the less duration so that the enemies don't spend too much time away from objective, and, like you said, I am swimming in energy, so I can spam it for armor reduction. I also don't use Shadows too much for something other than a detraction, honestly.

10 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

1. If you want 75% efficiency, get a 1-from-the-top streamline and fleeting expertise.

2. I run a similar build, but...
- Corrosive Projection, because health orbs are good enough to regenerate your allies (unless bad RNG)
- Augur Reach for Health Conversion
- Personally not running full efficiency, Swapped fleeting expertise for Primed Vigor
- If running a melee build (Status/Crit melee hybrid for me), swap out Vitality for Gladiator mod (+health)

You are not wrong about the aura, but I am paranoid with Despoil running. 

Efficiency stats are where the are at because I use the same mods for other frames/builds were I like to have more duration, so I did it like that to minimize the side effects.

As for weapons, I am still working on what works best for me personally, but I have been using the Corinth mostly. Its just so good.

Seems like I will have to try out Health Conversion though. EDIT: well, that will take a while. I tend not to go out of my way to visit Simaris, so my standing is low with him.

Edited by NIkuno

2 minutes ago, NIkuno said:

You are not wrong about the aura, but I am paranoid with Despoil running. 

Efficiency stats are where the are at because I use the same mods for other frames/builds were I like to have more duration, so I did it like that to minimize the side effects.

As for weapons, I am still working on what works best for me personally, but I have been using the Corinth mostly. Its just so good.

You got your WF passive (5hp/kill within a certain distance IIRC). Channel melee to drain energy AND benefit from Equilibrium (personal preference). Cast skills to drain energy intentionally otherwise.

Weapons, not gonna force you. Since you like shotguns, you could get shotgun amp instead for the extra damage boost. Corrosive projection to make enemies easier to kill (Grineer/Corrupted mostly only doe)

Honestly, I'd get rid of Auger Reach and put in Health Conversion (as mentioned before), get rid of Fleeting Expertise and replace it with Intensify (the efficiency from Streamline alone is sufficient) and get rid of Soul Survivor and replace with Shield of Shadows. You'll be virtually unkillable and be able to support your team with additional loot and, should they go down, you can revive them directly while your shadows handle any aggro. Also, you won't take a hit to your duration, so Terrify will last longer.

10 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

You got your WF passive (5hp/kill within a certain distance IIRC). Channel melee to drain energy AND benefit from Equilibrium (personal preference). Cast skills to drain energy intentionally otherwise.

Weapons, not gonna force you. Since you like shotguns, you could get shotgun amp instead for the extra damage boost. Corrosive projection to make enemies easier to kill (Grineer/Corrupted mostly only doe)

I tried melee channel with Sancti Magistar for the heals and passive, but then forgot that the channel kills don't leave a body. haha. I though of doing something like Silva & Aegis Prime for blocking damage, though. I'll have to try that out after leveling my current weapon. As a personal preference, I tend to prioritize survivabilty, which leads to the redundancy you see here. Regarding the auras, I still hope to try out a maximized Shadow build at some point, so that played a part in choosing Rejuvenation. I would like to get as close to permanent as possible and just need to get Narrow Minded for that particular build.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Honestly, I'd get rid of Auger Reach and put in Health Conversion (as mentioned before), get rid of Fleeting Expertise and replace it with Intensify (the efficiency from Streamline alone is sufficient) and get rid of Soul Survivor and replace with Shield of Shadows. You'll be virtually unkillable and be able to support your team with additional loot and, should they go down, you can revive them directly while your shadows handle any aggro. Also, you won't take a hit to your duration, so Terrify will last longer.

But... But... ranged and instant revive...

With that said, I most certainly appreciate the interest and different ideas. Reading back, I kind of sound like I don't want them. I just felt the need to explain my choices a bit better as other's brought things to my attention. As with anything with this game, personal preferences can play a huge role in how individuals build their items. My Corinth build, for example. I run a sort of status build for the secondary fire because its fun. No harm in that. Will it destroy high level mobs without crit/hunter munitions build? Not nearly as well, but hey.

3 minutes ago, NIkuno said:

But... But... ranged and instant revive...

With that said, I most certainly appreciate the interest and different ideas. Reading back, I kind of sound like I don't want them. I just felt the need to explain my choices a bit better as other's brought things to my attention. As with anything with this game, personal preferences can play a huge role in how individuals build their items. My Corinth build, for example. I run a sort of status build for the secondary fire because its fun. No harm in that. Will it destroy high level mobs without crit/hunter munitions build? Not nearly as well, but hey.

If I recall correctly, Soul Survivor doesn't grant full health though. So that is something to consider as well. And does Vazarin still offer instant revives post re-work?

But I agree, each build is tailored to player preference. If you and your squadmates are having fun, that's all that matters in the end.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

If I recall correctly, Soul Survivor doesn't grant full health though. So that is something to consider as well. And does Vazarin still offer instant revives post re-work?

But I agree, each build is tailored to player preference. If you and your squadmates are having fun, that's all that matters in the end.

You are indeed correct, though it is modified by ability strength. I figured that with the energy regen I could offset going to zero if I need to revive again sooner rather than later. 

And it sure does, and I am making may way there. Slowly but surely. Haven't really touched my focus weapons recently since I have been leveling things up quite a bit.

14 minutes ago, NIkuno said:

I tried melee channel with Sancti Magistar for the heals and passive, but then forgot that the channel kills don't leave a body. haha. I though of doing something like Silva & Aegis Prime for blocking damage, though. I'll have to try that out after leveling my current weapon. As a personal preference, I tend to prioritize survivabilty, which leads to the redundancy you see here. Regarding the auras, I still hope to try out a maximized Shadow build at some point, so that played a part in choosing Rejuvenation. I would like to get as close to permanent as possible and just need to get Narrow Minded for that particular build.

Get Hirudo. No blocks but the life leech on crit with that thing is just gross.

If you wanna play with Shield of Shadows as well, you won't use Narrow Minded, since it'll hit your range a LOT. Use Primed Continuity instead.

Try this build maybe (Theoretical)
Steel Charge (raw damage) or Growing Power (power strength on status procs) + Cunning Drift (range) or Power Drift (strength)
Primed Continuity, Vitality, Equilibrium
Soul Survivor, Despoil, Shield of Shadows
Streamline, Health Conversion

Proc Growing Power with alt-fire Corinth. Health Conversion should give you ample survival when swapping weapons. Stretch is not too necessary since you'll be moving A LOT, at the same time being harder to hit. Brutal Tide Hirudo keeps enemies at bay, Corinth alt-fire as well for CC.

Edit: Channeling leaves a body, it just disappears in appearance (yes, hard to understand). Did it enough times vs Infested in ODS runs,

Edited by p3z1

4 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Get Hirudo. No blocks but the life leech on crit with that thing is just gross.

If you wanna play with Shield of Shadows as well, you won't use Narrow Minded, since it'll hit your range a LOT. Use Primed Continuity instead.

Try this build maybe (Theoretical)
Steel Charge (raw damage) or Growing Power (power strength on status procs) + Cunning Drift (range) or Power Drift (strength)
Primed Continuity, Vitality, Equilibrium
Soul Survivor, Despoil, Shield of Shadows
Streamline, Health Conversion

Proc Growing Power with alt-fire Corinth. Health Conversion should give you ample survival when swapping weapons. Stretch is not too necessary since you'll be moving A LOT, at the same time being harder to hit. Brutal Tide Hirudo keeps enemies at bay, Corinth alt-fire as well for CC.

Got Hirudo =) waiting on a Blood Rush sale to make it work a bit better. Since I am stingy with my plat, that may take a while as well. Same with Health Conversion.

I love status weapon builds, so I have been quite literally farming those damn plants for the Knave spawn. 

Regarding Shield of Shadows, I suppose it keeps getting mentioned since the increased threat level from the Shadows themselves are not enough to keep enemies off? Not taking into account the knock-back immunity and AoE damage, obviously.

2 minutes ago, NIkuno said:

Regarding Shield of Shadows, I suppose it keeps getting mentioned since the increased threat level from the Shadows themselves are not enough to keep enemies off? Not taking into account the knock-back immunity and AoE damage, obviously.

Shield of Shadows is there only for damage resistance. I tend to ignore their damage output in general, though extra CC is always nice

1 hour ago, NIkuno said:

Could you explain this a bit more please? Or rather, the interaction with Shadows?

Fleeting Expertise is there to get the health cost of Despoil down to 3 Health per, and I rather like having the less duration so that the enemies don't spend too much time away from objective, and, like you said, I am swimming in energy, so I can spam it for armor reduction. I also don't use Shadows too much for something other than a detraction, honestly.

There is not a direct interaction with Shadows, what I mean is that with Health Conversion you will have 1415 Armour basically all of the time, with 7 shadows up taking any damage you do sustain you'll be very difficult to damage, if you had Power strength of 214% you would have a 98.25% damage reduction from all this stuff working together.

Edit: Oops I didn't notice you're not using Shield of Shadows, I would use that over Soul Survivor any day of the week, and it's required for the damage mitigation detailed above and below.

If it's the cost of Despoil with Fleeting you're concerned about, don't be as long as you keep spending energy your HP orbs and HP from Energy Orbs via Equilibrium will keep you very healthy all the time, particularly when you do pick up Health Conversion.

I use a Channelling Melee Build in this way to drain energy as I play so I'm always picking up HP orbs and Energy Orbs and getting huge amounts of both continuously, if a Melee build can survive with ease, you're build will be fine.

Edited by Carnage2K4

this is my build and I never die

vitality, equilibrium, health conversion, despoil, sheild of shadows, stretch, primed continuity, streamline, rejuvination aura (overkill i know but what ever)

always use slash weapons cause each severed piece if an enemy counts as a whole enemy for desecrate. (i usually use a viral build braton prime, Azima, and spin to win atterax) 

Nekros build https://imgur.com/a/tOXxm

That my build good range of 190 good strength 

Don't need efficiency since I have equilibrium works as good for me as I hopped more duration helps shadows 2 

Only thing ill add is growing power later 

Plus I get 65 damage redaction so it is good 

Edited by (PS4)zedlanik