Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, I think that DE and I are about done...

Mysterium13

1 hour ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

And in thinking about this issue even further i can tell you exactly why the OP's defense cannot be proven definitely enough to make this worth their while:

Say I want to buy illegal plat but I don't want to have my account banned. So I create  dummy account to buy some third party plat, then immediately gift an item to my real account. So now the dummy account gets banned and I file a complaint under my real account saying that I had no idea that the gift I received came from illegal plat and I should be punished for it. Since there is no real way to tie these 2 accounts together, and now hundreds of people are making the same claim, as a dev company i would either have to devote more resources and manpower trying to figure it out or just create a blanket policy which discourages the entire activity altogether and any association with it as well.

As I stated earlier,

11 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

B) Any items or trades that took place with that platinum are undone, an ingame email will then list a log of the undone transactions for all relevant parties so that they can redo them in the future if they wish.

If this were the case then that couldn't happen. The dummy account would get shut down and all fraudulent platinum and items purchased with said platinum are revoked. No harm to anyone besides a bit of wasted time trading. However I'd rather waste a bit of time trading than lose access to my account until I cough up some money, wouldn't you?

What was it you were talking about in a previous comment? Granular record keeping or something requires too much effort or server space.

But DE already do this, do they not? If they didn't keep track of your purchases and trades then how exactly are people being punished for specific plat? 

If they can't keep track of the origin of the platinum and where it's gone then they can't ban those that have received it, right?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

Another point I want to make is that DE might not be interested in going down to this level of detail on any one case because it might expose something about how their fraud detection system worked. For example, the truth is no matter how sophisticate their DB could be, they could probably only hold so many records pertaining to one item. For example the simple explanation is that perhaps they approach this situation in this manner because they do not want anyone trying to figure out a way to gift an item to the point it no longer register as fraudulent. So they ban any and all account associated with that item to make sure the not only does no one try but that anyone caught up in something like this think twice about their interactions. Like I said, if people are taking risks and receiving items from dubious or strange people/circumstances, then you eed to tread carefully. It it's too good to be true, it typically is on the internet.

So how is someone going to think twice about their interactions if they have NO way of knowing if the person that the trade is being done with is using plat that was gained wrongly? So you punish an innocent player for the actions of another? That hardly seem right no matter which way you look at it. You don't punish someone that did nothing wrong, other then making a trade in the game which last I checked is part of the game. Trading is a big part of the game so why punish a player for using a system that was put in place by the Dev's for players to use? None of us as players have no idea if the plat gained in a trade is legit plat. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

There you go, you assume every dev wants to spent time fixing and maintaining database, and depending on the culture, that might not even be a priority.

Where did I assume that in my post? I clearly said what the Engineers I worked with and our Bosses wanted to be at the top of the list.  

Now hold up.

On 2/23/2018 at 4:19 PM, ButtNugget13 said:

As somebody who works in the gaming industry, in fact, as a senior manager for the largest software testing company in the world, I can safely say that I do understand it and we free players are not worthless to them at all.

You're a senior manager in the largest software testing company in the world and you don't know what Zendesk is?

On 2/23/2018 at 4:19 PM, ButtNugget13 said:

To be honest, as much as I enjoy this game, it tends to frustrate and delight in equal measure. The complete inability of DE to provide a solid, tested update, for example. The general pointlessness of their "Zen Desk" (what a choice of names that was!) and the relentlessly unfixed bugs that persist for months or even years are really beginning to take their toll.

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

But DE already do this, do they not? If they didn't keep track of your purchases and trades then how exactly are people being punished for specific plat? 

If they can't keep track of the origin of the platinum and where it's gone then they can't ban those that have received it, right?

Somebody else seems to think that you may be ignoring the question!

I have asked you on two occasion now why DE are claiming that the can remove items from my inventory that were purchased in some manner contrary to their ToU/EULA and now DeMonkey has done the same.

Why won't you simply respond to this? Your entire point is that devs in general pay people to make as many arbitrary and "couldn't be bothered" decisions as you do/did in your place of work. Not only does their claim completely contradict your point, but it also proves that they can do exactly what you say that they cannot.

Or does this help you to feel like you acted properly when making your own blanket ban decisions? As you yourself admit, probably resulting in the banning of at least a few innocent parties - Parties that may well have paid real money to play your game/use your app and have now lost that too through absolutely no fault of their own.

Edited by ButtNugget13
For Clarity

2 minutes ago, Vaz2017 said:

Now hold up.

You're a senior manager in the largest software testing company in the world and you don't know what Zendesk is?

Yes, I do know what ZenDesk is...As your copy and paste of my use of the name would surely suggest?!

I am struggling to understand your point at all!

1 minute ago, Badgriuel said:

So how is someone going to think twice about their interactions if they have NO way of knowing if the person that the trade is being done with is using plat that was gained wrongly? So you punish an innocent player for the actions of another? That hardly seem right no matter which way you look at it. You don't punish someone that did nothing wrong, other then making a trade in the game which last I checked is part of the game. Trading is a big part of the game so why punish a player for using a system that was put in place by the Dev's for players to use? None of us as players have no idea if the plat gained in a trade is legit plat. 

Where did I assume that in my post? I clearly said what the Engineers I worked with and our Bosses wanted to be at the top of the list.  

I mean it's real simple, if you get a item as a gift you should have an idea where it came from. If someone is just buying an item for you for no reason and you can't tell how they got it I would find that highly suspicious. So the rule is if you aren't sure where it came from, even if it's from your friends, don't receive it until you are sure. I mean if they are such close friends the OP could have asked where the buyer got the plat from, and if they lied that pretty much shows they weren't that close a friend as they thought. Or he's feigning ignorance because he never thought DE would catch such a simple ploy to launder illegal plat.

In my personal experience in this game when someone bought a gift they usually tell people how they could afford it, usually so they show it wasn't a big deal, like buying it on discount from the store or having a 75% coupon. So typically it's not very hard to tell if someone is buying plat illegally because they tend to tell people how they got it. Or else whoever this "friend" is they are not genuine because they are willing to expose everyone's account for banning for the sake of illegal plat.

So anyone looking into this would need to find proof that this guy got a gift from someone he knew and that those people weren't directly engaged in fraudulent activity. And I can tell you right now once word came out that some person is willing to do this, then the floodgates will be opened where each and everyscammer will flood for review requests. Just looking into the records alone would take man hours to run searches and collect data. then if you decided that this needed to be automated you would need to develop a code change, implement it, and see how it would work with the existing systems you have already. Once again, time money and manpower that De will have to devote instead of new content or other projects.

Your last point is confusing, because my point is maintaining a sophisticated database take effort and willingness, and you would just pointed out that your company was committed to developing the product that way. I pointed out several developer teams who were unwilling to do so or too apathetic to make it a priority. This doesn't even go into the general IT cheapness I ran into, where companies relied on cheap or outdated tech and were willing to spend hundreds of man hours fixing rather than investing money or time to upgrade. It's prevalent ideal in the business world, infrastructure and IT resources are seen as no different than office furniture and equipment are subjected to esoteric or obtuse accounting policies or austerity rules. I would have to explain to senior managers and executives that their policy amount to essentially forcing the office to not use file cabinets because they cost to much to buy up front, so every has to use cardboard boxes instead. Because they refused to see the business justification for a server upgrade or a tech refresh.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

I mean it's real simple, if you get a item as a gift you should have an idea where it came from. If someone is just buying an item for you for no reason and you can't tell how they got it I would find that highly suspicious. So the rule is if you aren't sure where it came from, even if it's from your friends, don't receive it until you are sure. I mean if they are such close friends the OP could have asked where the buyer got the plat from, and if they lied that pretty much shows they weren't that close a friend as they thought. Or he's feigning ignorance because he never thought DE would catch such a simple ploy to launder illegal plat.

In my personal experience in this game when someone bought a gift they usually tell people how they could afford it, usually so they show it wasn't a big deal, like buying it on discount from the store or having a 75% coupon. So typically it's not very hard to tell if someone is buying plat illegally because they tend to tell people how they got it. Or else whoever this "friend" is they are not genuine because they are willing to expose everyone's account for banning for the sake of illegal plat.

So anyone looking into this would need to find proof that this guy got a gift from someone he knew and that those people weren't directly engaged in fraudulent activity. And I can tell you right now once word came out that some person is willing to do this, then the floodgates will be opened where each and everyscammer will flood for review requests. Just looking into the records alone would take man hours to run searches and collect data. then if you decided that this needed to be automated you would need to develop a code change, implement it, and see how it would work with the existing systems you have already. Once again, time money and manpower that De will have to devote instead of new content or other projects.

You do realize you can go into negative plat from trades as well. Which will trigger an auto ban. So there is nothing stopping from someone getting 1k plat wrongly and then using that plat to trade for items and if those other players don't have a balance that will keep them in the positive after DE tracks down the fake plat then those users will get auto banned in the process. This doesn't just affect people being gifted items. This also affects trades, which a lot of people do. 

Edited by Badgriuel

Oh no I am not disputing that perhaps a certain number of people are getting  caught up in this wrongly or unjustly. I am not saying that they aren't legitimate scenarios where people might be tricked into receiving illegal plat. I am saying DE balances the need to create a structure around preventing that against the need to do other projects. Or else they have to expand and have built in layers of structure to maintain such a process. If you have worked in software development you should already know the primary reason you install this type of automation is specifically to reduce manpower and costs. And that's outside of the fact that barring some unforeseen bug or glitch your automated system would be vastly superior than any human.

I am also reading between the lines, DE isn't interested in supporting anything close to this type of behavior. so subliminally I am reading this as them saying, "look every gift horse in the mouth, or else." Now you may disagree with that, and I certainly disagree with indirect or passive aggressive approaches, but it seems clear to me that DE doesn't want anyone to focus on gifting as a thing in this game. Possible to avoid exploits and cheats which would allow people to receive fraudulent items easier. and also because they rather you grind for it and take your RNG loot chance directly rather than vicariously through another player.

As for you contention about how easy it would be and they must already have a capability, I point out that they don't even have an API to allow data mining of trades. I ask why is there no auction house system?  These are things which cover the type of transaction that the OP's scenario revolves and would have made it easier to separate the bad apples from the mistakenly identified. If they can't release data to allow for simple price checking on the trade system they have, they can't possibly be close to having the type of system to allow auctioning to happen, let alone have comprehensive chain of custody records.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76

1 minute ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

As for you contention about how easy it would be and they must already have a capability, I point out that they don't even have an API to allow data mining of trades. I ask why is there no auction house system?  These are things which cover the type of transaction that the OP's scenario revolves and would have made it easier to separate the bad apples from the mistakenly identified. If they can't release data to allow for simple price checking on the trade system they have, they can't possibly be close to having the type of system to allow auctioning to happen, let alone have comprehensive chain of custody records.

That's an entirely separate matter, Auction Houses have been proposed and assumingly disregarded multiple times now.

Most common reason is that the price of everything would massively reduce. The ease with which people would be able to get their items out there would create far more competition and supply and lower prices across the board.

Given that purchasing the currency with which trades generally happen puts dinner on DE's table I'm sure you can see why that's perhaps not what they want. I highly highly doubt that the lack of an API and AH has anything to do with a lack of capability.

but it seems clear to me that DE doesn't want anyone to focus on gifting as a thing in this game

So they should remove it! It is not important to have it in any event.

As for you contention about how easy it would be and they must already have a capability

DE themselves are, as I am pointing out for at least the third time to you, claiming that they do!

You constantly refer to gifting as the issue here, so let me ultra clear here...

NONE OF THE 3 PEOPLE THAT GIFTED ME ANYTHING HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN ANY WAY IN THIS ACTION - NONE HAVE BEEN BANNED - NONE HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED - NONE HAVE BEEN CONTACTED IN ANY WAY REGARDING THIS ISSUE!

Clear now?

So this MUST have resulted in either:

a) Me selling something to somebody and receiving, unknowingly, illegitimately generated platinum in return for those items or;

b) Me buying an item from somebody who had received that item through some illegitimate means.

Either way, why should I be punished TWICE for it AND forced to spend real money to resolve the situation?! It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Edited by ButtNugget13
Making a better job of trying to write in English while absurdly tired!

37 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That's an entirely separate matter, Auction Houses have been proposed and assumingly disregarded multiple times now.

Most common reason is that the price of everything would massively reduce. The ease with which people would be able to get their items out there would create far more competition and supply and lower prices across the board.

Given that purchasing the currency with which trades generally happen puts dinner on DE's table I'm sure you can see why that's perhaps not what they want. I highly highly doubt that the lack of an API and AH has anything to do with a lack of capability.

No but if they have no desire to put in a sophisticated player driven economy why would they retain detailed records?

Here's the part alot of you seem to fail to grasp, there might be records that would perfectly explain what is going on here, but if there is no structure in place to record that table and allow it to be searchable, either manually or automatically, that data is typically discarded. So unless they were already keeping track of the data they aren't going to have access to it easily if at all. And to take your analogy, it's  precisely because they want to put food on their table that they make those types of decisions.

Now it could be this is a blind spot in how they handle this type of situation that might eventually be rectified, by my impression is this has a very small impact and that from a business standpoint, devoting time and energy chasing down every complaint when the vast majority are legitimately acting in violation to the TOS is just not worth it.

That was typically the argument that was given to me whenever I asked to have this level of granularity in my job and I would need to come up with a multitude of examples to even get their attention. And even then I ran into serious resistance from people who I later discovered where hiding their shoddy or incomplete work, or just plain weren't interested in working on that issue regardless of the impact.

So I can say with a great degree of certainty that DE doesn't see too many of these examples, they are probably atypical from the usual activity that they are trying to stop, and their database lacks the capacity to be handled in a way to sort out something like this, probably because up until last year the total amount of transactions wasn't worth the effort and it was intentionally set up this way because it was a cheap and easy way to do it.

My question, did you ask DE (support) what transaction resulted in that, because if it was a gift you can simply ask support to remove said gift from your account.

If you are the end receiver of unallowed platinum then again ask support to remove the content you bought from the market, many things can be removed like skins, orokin reactors and stuff once used however, can't be removed.

You never get banned from getting platinum, only if you spend that platinum and odds are good when it comes to reverting that purchase. If someone made the purchase for you (gift) you can aswell ask it to be removed.

The ban 1st ask questions later MO is the default way of acting to prevent exploits. I know it sucks when an inocent is affected, but you can talk to support so they can help you out.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

by my impression is this has a very small impact and that from a business standpoint, devoting time and energy chasing down every complaint when the vast majority are legitimately acting in violation to the TOS is just not worth it.

Do you have me on some kind of block list that you cannot read my posts?!??!

As I have stated over and over, this is entirely irrelevant. They are telling me that they CAN drill down to a level that tells them which items in my inventory have been purchased using platinum that was illegitimately garnered, they are telling me EVERYBODY involved in any transaction or part thereof are being treated in the same manner and, as demonstrated clearly, it only requires ONE player to purchase or obtain platinum illegitimately for any number of people to end up in my situation and be punished and forced to spend real money.

Are you willing to concede that your position of "...the vast majority..." is simply incorrect?

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

My question, did you ask DE (support) what transaction resulted in that, because if it was a gift you can simply ask support to remove said gift from your account.

If you are the end receiver of unallowed platinum then again ask support to remove the content you bought from the market, many things can be removed like skins, orokin reactors and stuff once used however, can't be removed.

You never get banned from getting platinum, only if you spend that platinum and odds are good when it comes to reverting that purchase. If someone made the purchase for you (gift) you can aswell ask it to be removed.

The ban 1st ask questions later MO is the default way of acting to prevent exploits. I know it sucks when an inocent is affected, but you can talk to support so they can help you out.

Yes, they have not responded yet and are unlikely to due to it now being the weekend and their refusal to offer any support outside of Monday to Friday!

They have sent me an in-game mail telling me that the items have been removed along with the platinum value of the items. Does that seem fair? Especially considering that, had I actually purchased or sold an item which had, in some way, at some point, been obtained with platinum from a third party, I was entirely unaware of that and would, due to the way that they themselves have set up the game's trading system, be entirely unable to check the origin of any such items or platinum.

The problem here is not simply the maltreatment of players, it is the double punishment for the innocent along with the added bonus of having to spend real money on platinum to access my account again!

You know what, let's do this...

I think that this is nothing more than a scam to force players who play a lot, but play for free as I had done up until now, to spend real money and I challenge DE to prove otherwise.

Now, if I wanted to take them to court over such an issue, I would be required to provide evidence of that, no? Yes, I would, and rightly so, which is ironic given the number of players that seem to believe that finding people guilty and then POSSIBLY entering into a discussion (I am completely uncertain as to what, if anything, they will be prepared to even discuss regarding this issue) offering them the chance to prove their innocence is an acceptable course of events!

2 minutes ago, ButtNugget13 said:

Do you have me on some kind of block list that you cannot read my posts?!??!

As I have stated over and over, this is entirely irrelevant. They are telling me that they CAN drill down to a level that tells them which items in my inventory have been purchased using platinum that was illegitimately garnered, they are telling me EVERYBODY involved in any transaction or part thereof are being treated in the same manner and, as demonstrated clearly, it only requires ONE player to purchase or obtain platinum illegitimately for any number of people to end up in my situation and be punished and forced to spend real money.

Are you willing to concede that your position of "...the vast majority..." is simply incorrect?

Absolutely not. but then again I also have the opinion that DE practices a fair amount of passive aggressive actions to discourage activity. So they could look into it, but it would still take time and effort, and since they want to stamp down on this completely, unequivocally, and with no wiggle room for exceptions, unless you can generate a list of users which represents more than 5% of the total playerbase, who were erroneously banned for this, they aren't going to see it as a priority and they aren't going to flat out admit they don't see it as priority. Doesn't mean they have it out for every user in the game, but they have to invest time and effort on things they feel helps improve the quality of the game and that generally doesn't cover customer service. Customer service is seen as a drain and a cost to do business. Creating a review system and a escalation policy for people who feel they were unjustly banned is seen as too complicated, too costly, and not worth the cost of appeasing a few wrongly punished players. Why do you think customer service has largely been outsourced?

I don't know what types of games you play or what software you use but typically devs tend to be more reactive than proactive. So it usually take a huge break or issue to get them ti implement a serious fix.  And many of them live in a serious bubble and can't even conceive of most scenarios which end up breaking their programs. So unless they see a serious issue from their metrics they don't see each and every upset and angry customer as a serious issue.

And not for nothing man, your screen name alone makes your credibility suspect at best. As someone who routinely had to entertain issues like you put forth, I would automatically be suspicious of any claim you made, even though I made a serious effort to be objective and logical about these types of issues. Because everyone claimed they were unfairly banned, I had people who I had clear and unequivocal evidence that they broke the TOS and EULA repeated come back and try to argue for me to unbanned them. To the point I had to ignore them.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

And not for nothing man, your screen name alone makes your credibility suspect at best.

And right there was where any credibility you had flew past my ear on it's way out of the window!

I deserve to be treated badly because my IGN is not to your tastes?!??! Hahaha!! Feck me gently with a chainsaw!

1 minute ago, ButtNugget13 said:

And right there was where any credibility you had flew past my ear on it's way out of the window!

I deserve to be treated badly because my IGN is not to your tastes?!??! Hahaha!! Feck me gently with a chainsaw!

Sorry dude I dealt with hundreds of issues like your, and most time people with your types of screen names were typically guiltier than those who had non-provocative names. And they were typically more offended and more hyperbolic the more guilty they were. I have been doing customer service and dealing with this type of issues for over a decade.

1 minute ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

Sorry dude I dealt with hundreds of issues like your, and most time people with your types of screen names were typically guiltier than those who had non-provocative names. And they were typically more offended and more hyperbolic the more guilty they were. I have been doing customer service and dealing with this type of issues for over a decade.

And yet, in this case you are 100% wrong.

So, maybe, just maybe, your own prejudices get/got the better of you a few times too many.

Iv heard nothing good about zendesk...they seem hard to get into contact with, quick to ban and slow to help... I dont have the time or patience for this game for any of the nonsense or shenanigans iv read about. If support slapped my account with a ban, because platinum traded to me for something in game was fradulent, id raise hell too, but people dont often appreciate postslike these...If you are really interested in fixing things for yourself and others, you should find a mailing adress and send a very detailed letter to someone, or email. Dont let them give you the run around.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Iv heard nothing good about zendesk...they seem hard to get into contact with, quick to ban and slow to help... I dont have the time or patience for this game for any of the nonsense or shenanigans iv read about. If support slapped my account with a ban, because platinum traded to me for something in game was fradulent, id raise hell too, but people dont often appreciate postslike these...If you are really interested in fixing things for yourself and others, you should find a mailing adress and send a very detailed letter to someone, or email. Dont let them give you the run around.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to the post. Much appreciated!

I will wait until I get some sort of response from their "help" desk in the hopes that this can be solved in a straightforward manner. Failing that, I will do exactly as you advise and write to somebody in charge. However easy that may be or the likelihood of any response from such a letter, I have yet to discover!

For all those whining that my IGN directly links to your perceptions of my guilt, I traded some items and finally got around to changing it.

I hope that you like it :P

For the record, I sold a Loki Prime set and a Trinity Prime set, both of which came entirely from relic drops and both of which were sold to users whose names I have actually taken the time to note down. Ridiculous that it has come to this, but some of you seem to think that players being afraid to trade is perfectly reasonable!

Edited by Mysterium13
Too sarcastic, even for me!

10 hours ago, Mysterium13 said:

They have sent me an in-game mail telling me that the items have been removed along with the platinum value of the items. Does that seem fair?

Yes, it is fair.

Games such as age of whushu allow for players to keep the cosmetics, so unique things that show to everyone that a specific player is supporting the game end up being of no value as players are used to doing chargebacks, there is no policy of removing cosmetics so they end up getting them for free, DE has a different way of doing things and it works.

If you are upset about losing the traded items, you can always again ask support to revert the trade so you can get the item back, trades are logged and they know very well the items traded. altought a screenshot of the trade will likely speed things up, something that isn't always available i know.

On 2/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, Mysterium13 said:

Interesting point and well made. On the face of it, I believe that you indeed correct. That said, I would be more than willing to hear other points of view on this as it does seem too simple to be exactly the case. If it is, then that simply exacerbates the issue in terms of how the player, 100% innocent in my case at least, is being treated.

I was also recently put into a negative platinum balance after selling a riven mod.  I paid the ransom and feel pretty pissed off in general at the game.  Got a generic ticket saying the issue was solved because I paid the ransom, but it doesn't fix the issue that I still was taken advantage of and DE made a bad situation even worse.

All I can think about is how I'd like to charge back the ransom money I just paid and say whatever to the consequences.  A game forcing you to pay large amount of real life dollars for something no fault of your own is EA levels of evil.  I mean, it's worse than EA really.  I've always been a huge DE fan but this recent scenario just makes me feel really resentful lately.  I'm sitting on a gold mine of things I'd like to sell but am too paranoid after the recent experience to even try.  That Primed Chamber is money, tons and tons of money, but why bother when someone might just buy the plat, get the mod and funnel it through a series of alt accounts that have the credits to trade it then back charge it and then I'm stick with a negative 100k platinum account which will NEVER get unlocked?

With Rivens going for over 2k plat sometimes, you can't just expect a player to sell a riven and log back in to see their account is now several thousand plat in the negative.  That's an entire pay check for some people.  It's downright unethical on DE's part.  It doesn't take much effort to remove the platinum but also reward the items back, or to suspend trading recently bought platinum until it can be verified as legitimate.  There's several solutions that are all better than holding loyal accounts ransom when they didn't do anything wrong.

Just writing this adds clarity.  I let pressure from friends to play this game force me to let myself be taken advantage of by DE and pay them even more money to unlock my account when it should have never been locked in the first place.  DE has not apologized or rectified the situation.  The riven I sold is still gone, the platinum I got for it is gone, and the money I spent on the platinum to get my account back is also gone.

Writing this gives me the resolve I need to discontinue playing.  Grand founder, several prime access packs, and lots of referrals, yet still DE abused my loyalty and took advantage of a bad situation to make even more money.

GG.

30 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Yes, it is fair.

Games such as age of whushu allow for players to keep the cosmetics, so unique things that show to everyone that a specific player is supporting the game end up being of no value as players are used to doing chargebacks, there is no policy of removing cosmetics so they end up getting them for free, DE has a different way of doing things and it works.

If you are upset about losing the traded items, you can always again ask support to revert the trade so you can get the item back, trades are logged and they know very well the items traded. altought a screenshot of the trade will likely speed things up, something that isn't always available i know.

Hold on...HOW is it fair?!

If I sold a Loki Prime set in good faith for, say, 200 platinum and the person that purchased it from me used illegitimate platinum, it means that I no longer have the item that I ground hard to get, as it is removed from the game, I no longer have the platinum that I sold it for and, on top of it all, anything that I purchased with that platinum is also lost.

So, I work hard, I get Loki Prime set...

I sell it in good faith and en up with NO platinum from the trade, NO Loki Prime set, NO items that I purchased with the platinum AND a ransom note requiring me to spend real money (that I ALSO worked hard go get in real life) to get my account back open...

Now, tell me again, HOW ON EARTH that seems fair to you?!??! :D

I can only assume that you missed some of the finer details here and, with that glaring example of an absolutely atrocious policy on the part of DE, you will now be able to see how entirely unfair this whole thing is.No matter which was you slice it, I did nothing wrong and am being punished in a draconian and unjust manner.