Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's own variation of a Battle Royale Hosted by [spoiler]

BrazilianJoe

This post assumes that the player has knowledge of 100% of the lore, inclusind all game quest completed to 100%. If you haven't played all quests, go away, or read at your discretion, spoilers ahead.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

A Battle Royale game usually involves the player being dropped on a large map, without any resources, and build up its inventory as  it moves forward, until only one stands. 

With the way the game is currently modeled, initially it seems like a battle royale mode would not fit. But creative variations can make it work in a way that melds well with Warframe. 

QUEST IDEA TO INTRODUCE THE GAME MODE: 

For whatever reason, there would be an intent to locate Hunhow, which gave the Stalker its weapons, armor and resources to , well stalk teh Tenno.  Maybe it's because the Lotus is missing, and both being Sentients, he could know something about it.

The Stalker refused to awaken from The Dream and accept reality, and in doing so he lives in his own Dream/Nightmare. With the help of Cephalon Suda and/or Simaris, the players would use traps similar to those of Simaris' targets to get hold of one of Stalker's frames.

Through this frame they will attempt to touch the Stalker's mind, and talk to him in the dreams, and then reach Hunhow from inside him, assuming that Hunhow also hides the Stalker's Operator body somewhere, like the Lotus does/did. 

But to travel through the Stalker's dreams, they will be inside his mindscape, and the rules will be different there. The laws of physics and interactions are largely dictated by the Stalkers state of heart and mind, and given that he is obsessed with killing the Tenno to avenge the betrayal against the Orokin, there will be trouble.

Tenno would have to enter the dream with the Operator Form. The Stalker would take notice of the invasion and throuw them in an arena of sorts, where the Tenno  will have to battle each other. If they prove to hate the Tenno that much, he will talk to the winner to know what the hell he/she wants. 

Warframe Battle Royale

Operators would start with no powers and only a Mote Amp. Cannot transform into a frame. Operator abilities would be available at the basic level, none of the upgrades of the standard gameplay would apply.

The player would roam the mindscape as the Operator and may find locations, loot, AI enemies and other players. AI enemies would be in the form of Void Fissure corrupted enemies. 

Instead of finding full weapons and frames to equip, the player would find weapon and frame parts and mods. Relics would also be findable, and the player would be able to open them with void traces dropped from AI enemies, to get prime parts. Amp parts would also be findable, as would power cakes (energy/health/ammo/shield plates).

The player would be able to Focus his mind (teehee) and influence the mindscape, in limited form. By focusing, the player can sacrifice a piece of loot, and acquire some benefit:

1) Focus to get stronger in the mindscape - gain 'Operator Focus'.

2) Increase the odds of finding a piece he/she wants. ToFocus like this, the player must have at least one piece of an equipment, and focus on it to try to complete it. This can be used to help completing a weapon or frame. 

Once the player builds a Warframe, he can only switch to the Warframe for a limited time. The Operator's "void dash" energy will be constantly consumed when switched to the Warframe.

Player would gradually build an arsenal as the gameplay area shrinks, until there is a faceoff of the final contestants. 

The Lore Quest to introduce Battle Royale would only require e.g. top 10, instead of being #1, and/or use Specter AI instead being actual PvP. 

After the Battle Royale lore quest, Battle Royale PvP game mode would be unlocked.

Bonus: Stalker gameplay

The hunhow would eventually offer the player the option to conduct black ops, and be "The Stalker" for unique rewards. This would have an additional chapter/quest, and act as a syndicate, for unique Hunhow rewards. 

Erh, sorry, but I'll say no to that. Even tho PoE and the Venus open world would make it possible in a way (bit more realistic than this proposed quest, I think Warframe should stay Warframe, not Fornite, H1Z1, PUBG, etc. Yes, a lot of people enjoy those, but that doesn't mean that DE has to copy-paste a concept to make their game better. To be honest, I remember seing other game modes than BR on Fornite when it came out, but since they added this game mode, I've never heard of anything else beside the BR mode. 

Listen, I know people don't like Conclave, but that wouldn't fix our current PvP (especialy since it would be totaly different, to a point that it would require new mechanics, weapon/power balancing, maybe even servers so they can handle dozens of players at the same time). It would just be yet another BR game/mode, but weirder and mainly(only?) focused on something a lot of people don't like using: Operators.

In short, good concept, wrong game.

20 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

To be honest, I remember seing other game modes than BR on Fornite when it came out, but since they added this game mode, I've never heard of anything else beside the BR mode.

That's because Fortnite BR is free and the co-op base-building zombie-horde shooter part of Fortnite is going to be F2P eventually (as long as epic doesn't plan on making Paragon's fate a trend), but you have to buy in to play that right now, so of course everyones talking about the free part based on a currently popular video game trend.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I know DE likes to just hop onto the latest fad, but I really hope they let this one go on by.

It would be a lot of resources spent on something that will more than likely fizzle out in a year as the market is becomingly increasingly saturated in battle royale games, then there's the issue of player capacity when it comes to these kinds of modes that would only further the drain on resources.