Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latest Nerfs

SaiTaMa_OpM

1 hour ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

How bout the other way round, if you are worried that a random is going to ‘steal all your kills’, its your job to recruit a few friends so you can go play a mission the way you want to.

There's a fairly simple reason why this sort of circular reasoning doesn't work: DE is far more concerned with protecting the public interest than they are with protecting the interests of individual players.

Think of it like this - you are holding a lively party in a relatively quiet neighborhood late at night. You could argue that it is your neighbors' responsibility to move elsewhere to avoid your racket, but do you think they will do this? No. They will call the cops (DE), who will then forcibly shut down your party (with the nerf bat). It is far more important for the average player to be able to enjoy simply playing the game (get some sleep in a quiet neighborhood) than it is for you to be allowed to farm at meta levels of efficiency (have a loud party).

This isn't me enforcing my will on other players; this is me understanding and conforming to the established social norms.

If you have a problem, you deal with it.  Don’t expect a random person to change the way they want to play to cater to you.

And this is precisely what players are doing by coming to the Forums to complain: dealing with the problem. Getting upset at them for complaining when you (maybe not you personally) are causing the problem is like getting upset at a "snitch."

Is it annoying to get snitched on and disciplined? For sure. But it doesn't make the snitch wrong.

How is a random supposed to know how you want them to play anyhow?!

It's not about playing a specific way based on what I want. It's about not playing a specific way that applies universally and does not change.

Lots of people appreciate someone else doing all the hard work for them.

Those people are called leeches, and - news flash - that is reportable and bannable behavior. Again, none of these restrictions really apply in private groups, which is why you would be prudent to assemble one if you are dead-set on cheesing the game so you can pay minimal attention to it.

I bet if a random used a Rhino, stood in the middle of the map on Hydron, roared often to buff the entire squad, let you kill everything, you would then complain that he was lazy, useless, and afk.

Actually, no. Because the Rhino is at least contributing somewhat to the team effort. But that's not what actual leeches do. They pop Iron Skin and do nothing.

You don't have to believe me about all this, and you are perfectly welcome to stick your head in the sand and insist that it is other players' responsibility to accommodate you. But the precedent for this type of issue is both long and consistent.

• Warframe circa Viver/Draco: Excalibur and Saryn regularly dominated these popular farming nodes, preventing players not interested in meta-farming from participating in the game. What did DE do? After unsuccessfully modifying the maps they reworked Excalibur and Saryn to reduce their nuking potential.
  • Warframe circa Tonkor/Mirageulor: Players using these weapons/combinations dominated popular farming nodes (and other missions), preventing players not interested in meta-farming from participating in the game. What did DE do? Nerf the offending items.
  • Warframe circa Hydron/Berehniya: Ember and Banshee regularly dominated low-level and popular farming missions, respectively, preventing players not interested in meta-farming from participating in the game. What did DE do? Nerf (unsuccessfully) Ember and Banshee.

I'm sure you're smart enough to see a pattern here, and I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that while you may feel that complaining players have ruined your fun they weren't actually wrong to do so and there is a reason DE responded the way they did.

I will happily agree with you when you say that DE's nerfs were completely ineffective and made specific problems a lot worse without really solving the original problem. I will happily agree with you when you point out that this behavior is caused by deeper problems with the core game, and that simply nerfing the most recent offenders will do nothing to actually stop said behavior.

But I'm afraid your assertion that other players are the ones obligated to avoid you by exiling themselves to private matches simply doesn't hold any water.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem here is the average player doesn't care at all about someone cheesing and getting a lot of kills, just a good chunk of the people who frequent the forums.

That said I am pro effort, not because it's ruining the game or anything, just cause I find it lazy game design to have a character that walks around and blows stuff up without even aiming 

1 hour ago, (PS4)DarkYagami-DSC-e said:

Oh how I crave a Vanilla server, before the cry babies ruined the game. 

A vanilla server? Back when we had no arcanes, no corrupted mods, no primed mods or any other form of powercreep that's led to these nerfs?

So basically, you want a server where you have none of the power that we currently do, and that's your solution to people asking for nerfs?

Genius.

Don't Nekro.

16 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

The problem here is the average player doesn't care at all about someone cheesing and getting a lot of kills, just a good chunk of the people who frequent the forums.

This.  It's a BS excuse a lot of you use because you think

16 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

I find it lazy game design to have a character that walks around and blows stuff up without even aiming 

Which basically amounts to the game being exclusively a shooter.

2 hours ago, (PS4)DarkYagami-DSC-e said:

Oh how I crave a Vanilla server, before the cry babies ruined the game. 

So much wrong in so few words. 

Edit: 

Oh, and a necropost of extraordinary magnitude. 

Edited by Sloan441
Another thought!

11 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

A vanilla server? Back when we had no arcanes, no corrupted mods, no primed mods or any other form of powercreep that's led to these nerfs?

So basically, you want a server where you have none of the power that we currently do, and that's your solution to people asking for nerfs?

Genius.

Don't Nekro.

No my answer involves playing another game. Lol