Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embers 1: Great Balls of Fire

BigPapiPimp

I like the attention embers 1 got, but I also hope DE is willing to push it just a liiiitle bit further.

My proposition would be to give embers Fireball a greater, though delayed effect (to better drive home the brain space of charging up for great effects) in the form of a secondary blast.

Right now, there’s no real incentive to charge up her 1, spamming it being the clearly superior move. You get the panic effect, and the damage output is faster and therefore higher. This ability is the pinnacle of 1 on 1 panic buttons, it’s damage (and subsequently its charge effect) failing to matter past the earliest levels.

My idea would be for a fully charged fireball to deal x3.5 damage.

Additionally, Fireball would explode again at the end of napalms duration. If Fireball was uncharged, the explosion would deal damage equivalent to that of the initial cast. If Fireball was fully charged, the damage would by multiplied again based on the time charged (maximum of x3.5).

This would increase a max rank Fireball with 100% power strength’s initial damage to 1,400 when fully charged, increase its napalm damage to 280, and cause the damage from its delayed secondary last to be a much more impressive 4,800. Though to get that damage, you would have to fully charge you 1 and wait till napalms duration ended.

It would also be great if charging fireball altered fireball frenzy’s buff as well. An even better change would be for her fireball to actually still do damage/affect the surrounding area when buffing on an ally: still creating napalm, the secondary blast, and buffing allies who run through said napalm (maybe even buff allies who are in the area of secondary blast?).

If her Flash Accelerant’s self buff affected her fireball frenzies outgoing buff, that would also be some nice synergy, letting her effectively triple dip as a credit to team (though with the use of two team supporting augments).

In my mind, the idea would be to make Ember a very impactful team steroid, with her additional fire damage buffs as well as her ability to improve frames cast time through augemebts, while making her 1 a real blast to use at base.

Thanks for reading! Thoughts, support, criticisms further appreciated!

Edited by BigPapiPimp

19 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

or at least, if the napalm also lasted longer... maybe if it grew a little as well. That would make it much more of a key ability for ember. 

The thing I notice about the napalm is that it’s almost unnoticeable. There’s this glaring, max strength sun in the in the middle of the map, dealing tens of damage at the center and 0 damage in the rest of it’s depicted range.

I tried it yesterday a bit on PS4 as soon as it was released.

Charge time is insanely long given how squishy Ember is.

Maybe on PC with mouse+keyboard it's easier to move, but on a controller you need tarantula hands.

It also should 100% proc fire at max strength, but it didn't with 254% strength, and yes, it doesn't seem to deal damage except for the center.

It also looks bad.

Ember already has a fire "trap" with her 3. Charging her 1 takes far too long and it isn't worth using.

Synergy isn't always the solution, but in this case it might be.

How about about make WoF aura a priming aura for Fireball. Enemies inside the radius aren't hit with the normal Fireball, but a devastating AoE fire explosion with the same scaling properties as Oberon's Smite. Under Accelerant, this would be very, very strong.

8 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

It also looks bad.

Strongly disagree. One thing that bothers me about her 1 is that it’s like she’s shooting little galaxy nebulas, but it still deals no damage.

Edited by BigPapiPimp

9 hours ago, Neightrix said:

Ember already has a fire "trap" with her 3. Charging her 1 takes far too long and it isn't worth using.

except that it doesn't CC enemies, and it deals ZERO damage to enemies that stand in the middle... try it out yourself. 

You also don't need to fully charge the 1, to get the napalm effect. The napalm is cheaper to cast than fireblast, and you can keep moving as you charge/cast it. It's just that it takes so damn long to fully charge, and the damage increase doesn't reward in proportion to the amount of time spent charging. 

Giving special effects to her abilities--when they're used together--sounds fun though. I was already suggesting something like that too. It would help give her more synergy. 

Sure would be nice if casting new uncharged or semi-charged Fireballs on a burning napalm patch increased its size and refreshed its duration, kinda like Stug blobs.

Also would like those napalm fires to have a chance to self-proc Ember with Heat, so she can use that passive of hers more often.

On 3/7/2018 at 4:41 PM, Maka.Bones said:

You also don't need to fully charge the 1, to get the napalm effect. The napalm is cheaper to cast than fireblast, and you can keep moving as you charge/cast it. It's just that it takes so damn long to fully charge, and the damage increase doesn't reward in proportion to the amount of time spent charging. 

I’m glad of that, even if I’m doing no damage, I like firing of fireball just to see the napalm effect now.

i just wish it did SOMETHING. ANYTHING other then the occasional tick for 2-4 damage.

8 minutes ago, BigPapiPimp said:

I’m glad of that, even if I’m doing no damage, I like firing of fireball just to see the napalm effect now.

i just wish it did SOMETHING. ANYTHING other then the occasional tick for 2-4 damage.

Yeah same. 

Btw I adopted some of your ideas into my new post:

Wait...Whether I run 230 or 270% power strength, I haven't had a prob with it not CCing enemies in its area constantly.
*shruuuuuuuuuuug*

FA doesn't buff FF, but it does buff fireball damage. Anything that adds weapon buff will buff fireball.  Volt shield, fireblast, roar, total eclipse, etc.  Still, rather it had some more useful synergy and threat for damage than doing what wof does in 0.3 sec.  Have another post about that though.

FF I believe only scales with power strength.  I never use it because there's never really any content worth using it on that I have time for.

Let's all plug our pro-Ember propaganda!

21 hours ago, Arcira said:

Thats exactly the problem with most warframe damage spells: 4800 damage for fully charge fireball? Thats about 1900 dps. A tigris without any mods does more dps..

While I think a primary double barrel space-shotgun fully decked out in forma and potatoes should continue to completely curb stomp most abilities/things in general when it comes to single target damage...

yes i agree. 2k Fire damage built up or down might not make the biggest difference, but it certainly goes a long when it’s worked in at base, allowing modding (like Calgon) to take Ember away. Or at least maybe a little further.

As far as a naked Tigris, I’d hope we could get embers base fireball stronger then that (when charged at least), so that newbies can feel the burn or sum-such when playing her.

Edited by BigPapiPimp