The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember needs a revert

(XBOX)Dingo KARNIJ

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

You are not supposed to be able to play her just as before, that is the very reason for the change.

you are not supposed to...correct.

what was the reasoning? to "not press 4 and forget". did it work? clearly no. I don't run PUGs. But I bet hell it won't take me more than 5 runs to get at least 1 ember who still does this in EXT missions.

The changes are bad. Should it be reverted? Doesn't matter. But if there is no proper rework DE could at least tweak the Range (I'm fine with the extra energy cost) to let ppl use Firequake as it was desinged for...CC. In its current condition it's a useless joke.

I was an Ember main. 47% usage...it already is cut to 37% and will still fall. Am I sad? No. I got motivated to play other frames. But some ppl aren't. 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Elyann:

That's the reason why they changed it but it doesn't mean they made a good work by changing it in this way.

Ember needed other changes anyway, her powers need to scale better and she could use some better augments.

You are right, she needs more changes.

But taking back the recent changes were not intended to fix her, it was to prevent exploiting certain unintended ways to play her.

They fixed one of many issues with her. Now that this problem has been cleared they can use this new base to make her viable for later content.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

you are not supposed to...correct.

what was the reasoning?

My reasoning is, that you are trying to play her the way she was played before by forcing much more range than she is intended to have onto her.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

My reasoning is

YOUR reasoning doesn't matter. Like my professors used to say "don't quote if you can't do it correct".

DE's reasoning is what matters. And their point failed. Quite hard. You can play ember different, but it doesn't work.

What they really wanted isn't clear. We only have their posts. 

Like: 

Am 2.2.2018 um 20:03 schrieb [DE]Connor:

Ember is the original damage caster frame, offering low survivability in exchange for high offense. Her ultimate, World on Fire, is unmatched in terms of widespread lethality - while many Warframes specialize in certain mission types, Ember’s specialty is “anything under level 30”. By simply bullet jumping through levels with World on Fire active, enemies become a non-factor, making Ember a ubiquitous pick across most of the Star Chart. Like a mobile Resonating Quake, this monopoly on kills can leave squadmates struggling to keep up, in an attempt to see the enemy before they melt. These changes increase lethality at higher levels, while addressing the ability’s huge range.

[...]

Players who can afford to run the ability at max charge may need to get more up close and personal, but the increased damage should help Ember out against higher level enemies.  World on Fire is still very capable of clearing rooms and sweeping hallways, but should now be applied more deliberately!

"These changes increase lethality at higher levels, while addressing the ability’s huge range"

And here they failed. There is no letahlity when there is no Range. And you don't have a huge range anymore except you toggle (Limbo again) or mod for Range. Also we can maybe now play her until 35 effectively. Her CC is completely gone (excpet toggle again, but we have better frames for that). It's just a failed attempt to change her which ended up in a nerf regardless how you want to see it.

People still playing Ember in any low level missions like before with the mindset on "set and forget"

And we are not "very capable of clearing rooms and sweeping hallways" since once a Bombard sees you...you're dead. 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

vor 4 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

"These changes increase lethality at higher levels, while addressing the ability’s huge range"

And here they failed. There is no huge range anymore(...)

Sounds to me, like they suceeded....

vor 8 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

Like my professors used to say "don't quote if you can't do it correct".

Dude...just leave it. You proved it now twice that you are incapable of quoting. I'm out of here. You are blind to facts and still try to reason your BS. Have a good day

20 hours ago, Dawson1917 said:

Her damage is actually less than it was previously, because it's now mandatory to run Overextended (+90% ability range, -60% ability strength) on her to help make up for the ruined range. Her nerf was stupid and hurts new players the most, as they won't have the rare mods (or the endo/credits to upgrade them) to compensate for her only useful ability now being made trash.

Revert pls

honestly i completely agree man my clan member just built ember p and he has maybe half the mods for my build and thanks for the mod suggestion

20 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

as someone who only really fights infested, she got buffed to hell and back

So she got buffed against ONE faction, that's already pretty easy to kill.... ok now what about corpus, grineer, corrupted, and sentients? I prefer killing orokin, and she's really not... good at surviving there.

7 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

So she got buffed against ONE faction, that's already pretty easy to kill.... ok now what about corpus, grineer, corrupted, and sentients? I prefer killing orokin, and she's really not... good at surviving there.

last i checked she was always good against infested and bad VS all other factions. heat does not bypass armor or shields. if you want her to be stronger against corpus, corrupted, and grineer DE will have to change what elemental damage does or how it affects shield/armor units.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

What DE wants is for EVERYONE who uses Ember to use her as a damage frame the way they want you too, rather than a CC firequake frame the way you wanted too. Bungie has done an absolute STELLAR job at forcing gamers to play the way they want you too, and look at the marvels that's done for destiny 2! Which set a record for sales and a record for loss in active players in less than 4 months. Keep it up DE!  

21 hours ago, Elyann said:

This is not a good way to support your topic ; "Revert the nerf cause I had a good build and now I can't be good anymore" is actually a really uneffective way to persuade whoever is reading that your opinion is correct. 

I myself think that ember did not need a nerf ; her powers have always scaled pretty badly allowing her to be insanely good in low level missions and "not so useful" in endgame content.
In any case, I just went to the simulacrum and ran a test and world on fire can still melt any level 45 squishies you may find, as for bombards and gunners....you may want to use your weapons....you can solo Axi fissures on any type of warframe and with any weapon implying you build them correctly....so this isn't an excuse either.
I am generally a solo player myself , I love ember as a frame and hope she gets the rework she deserves...but until then...please remember that she is still viable.

This is my build btw :
3I8CfPg.jpg

sorry just started with the forums but i can say it helped me fix the build a little. and honestly pre nerf i could handle up to sedna with ember and most sorties

Edited by (XB1)Riddik dingo

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

last i checked she was always good against infested and bad VS all other factions. heat does not bypass armor or shields. if you want her to be stronger against corpus, corrupted, and grineer DE will have to change what elemental damage does or how it affects shield/armor units.

you're kinda missing my point.

13 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

he said shes even better against infested and then you brought up the other factions like she was strong against them and got nerfed. what point did i miss? she was alwasy bad against non Red hp faction.

She was also always good against red hp people. 

So what am I trying to say....?