Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Aren't Kids De, Don't Treat Us Like It (About The Event)

Hayden11121

This event is just... completely outrageous of a claim to make.

A perfect anology is a mom trying to discipline her kid.

"If I don't count to 3 and you aren't good you don't get dinner that I already made"

Of course the child Is going to get the dinner, but he/she doesn't know that.

Of course we are getting the content, but these claims to withhold content from us is an insane claim.

Do you forget that Warframe is in beta, and we are the testers? You only hurt yourselves saving content for a later time.

I, for one, do not plan to jump through the hoops of a grindfest for the need of content. Especially with the event so boring.

they said they would delay the content to other events so that we could only access it once we achieved a success in an event so if this weekends event fails there will be plenty of future ones except currently the only members with access to the weapons are platinum users (or buyers) and currently no one has access to the grineer maps and event rewards and so to achieve the grineer outposts we must complete this or a subsequent event.

they said they would delay the content to other events so that we could only access it once we achieved a success in an event so if this weekends event fails there will be plenty of future ones except currently the only members with access to the weapons are platinum users (or buyers) and currently no one has access to the grineer maps and event rewards and so to achieve the grineer outposts we must complete this or a subsequent event.

But if we truly are in beta shouldn't they be rushing to get content released so we can test it?

We shouldn't be rushed to get content out... DE should..

"If I don't count to 3 and you aren't good you don't get dinner that I already made"

Of course we are getting the content, but these claims to withhold content from us is an insane claim.

Do you forget that Warframe is in beta, and we are the testers? You only hurt yourselves saving content for a later time.

I, for one, do not plan to jump through the hoops of a grindfest for the need of content. Especially with the event so boring.

edXg6.gif

ah just stop thinking about these types of things and enjoy the game

Edited by DiBBz

You have a good point but still they treat the game like it is not beta (cause they keep adding uncessary crap like clan emblem holograms, dude, we can wait for that. You have gazillion things to fix but nooooo, lets add new stuff.) maybe DE is just trying to keep it fresh?

Or they could, you know.. Not give us the content if we fail.. Since they're not dumb parents thinking "Hur dur we can outsmart them because they're kids". We loose, they put the content away until the next event, or the one after that, then they let us try again. Repeat.

This game is in beta in name only. A game with this many players, live cash shop, weekend events, and turning this kind of profit is not in beta.

I don't know why they keep the beta label. It's meaningless at this point. Only reason to have it is for fans to use it as an excuse.

Or they could, you know.. Not give us the content if we fail.. Since they're not dumb parents thinking "Hur dur we can outsmart them because they're kids". We loose, they put the content away until the next event, or the one after that, then they let us try again. Repeat.

That's a terrible idea, this game is beta, it needs content, not punishment of players for not grinding something out, ESPECIALLY when 90% of the freaking is GRINDING already.

This game is in beta in name only. A game with this many players, live cash shop, weekend events, and turning this kind of profit is not in beta.

I don't know why they keep the beta label. It's meaningless at this point. Only reason to have it is for fans to use it as an excuse.

It still kinda fits the "beta" tag, because it's not feature complete.

As lame, boring and repetitive as the event is (imo) there's is hardly any reason to make this complain, and also.... at least is an alternative to the usual mindless grinding in the same missions that we always do.... i am not saying it's great or can't be improved, but it's at least an alternative even if i'ts just as bad.

And when have we ever failed an event for instance? Do you really think they are gonna work towards doing something, spending hours and hours and hours..... and then just not release it? Even if we failed the events..... there would be a plot twist or something that made us reach the content sooner or later....... until it happens at least ONCE that we lose content of the game.... the only purpose of these kind of posts are just to stir up forums and spam them without any logical reason behind them.

i'm pretty happy with how they are handling this event.

New maps tied in with lore, what's not to like? 

The grind? sure, but i don't see that being fixed anytime soon.

Oh and don't think of it as withholding content, think of it as... give DE time to polish the new maps and all that. 

i'm pretty happy with how they are handling this event.

New maps tied in with lore, what's not to like? 

The grind? sure, but i don't see that being fixed anytime soon.

Oh and don't think of it as withholding content, think of it as... give DE time to polish the new maps and all that. 

Lore and maps are expected to be released, they shouldn't act like this is some kind of reward.

You are forgetting that the event spans 7 days, and have a VERY lenient requirements (judging by the amount of progress already made).

It's not a case of "beat it and we'll give you stuff" (even if it was worded that way), it's a case of "you beat it faster, you'll get new content faster".

It still kinda fits the "beta" tag, because it's not feature complete.

Know what other game isn't feature complete?  WoW.  They are working on new content and features all the time.  So no, that alone can't justify a beta tag.  Adding new features doesn't have to mean Beta, it is also to keep people playing so the game doesn't die.

Know what other game isn't feature complete?  WoW.  They are working on new content and features all the time.  So no, that alone can't justify a beta tag.  Adding new features doesn't have to mean Beta, it is also to keep people playing so the game doesn't die.

WoW is feature complete, what are you talking about? Any new feature they add is a bonus. Warframe:

Doesn't have lore

Doesn't have stealth

Doesn't have a proper difficulty system (both nightmare esque, and general enemy challenge)

Doesn't have an "endgame"

Know what other game isn't feature complete? WoW.

WoW was feature complete since 2006, sounds like you got your definitions mixed up.

As for keeping content away from players, I find the OP's attitude more immature than the devs. It's their game, their decisions. For all we know they could have 50 new tilesets ready and tested. That doesn't mean we're entitled to them.

Edited by krisp

Current events are not only to entertain us but for testing purposes as well. How else DE can acquire enough experience for full release and decide what direction they want to take in future? Only by experimenting. You see a carrot and a stick, I see tons of priceless statistics e.g. how community is dedicated to unlock new content. However if the consequences aren't real ("Let's check if you can do it! Don't worry, well unlock all after event anyway!") nobody would take it serious.

As for cash shop - why nobody reads FAQ?
How can you call this beta if the cash-shop is live? (Why isn't everything unlocked? How can I test everything? I want to help, you should give maximum Platinum.)

Many F2P betas have proper functioning cash shops and Warframe is no exception. Beta for us is as much about testing the game as it is about testing the Market and the experiences of both paying and free players. With this feedback we can respond to very serious issues quickly; for example we recently dropped the Platinum-only Pro system in favor of super-charging with a Foundry alternative.

Edited by xGryphus

Just because you can fail the event doesnt mean it will happen, this event is obviously a easy one we have 6 days in total and clan competing its more to make new content not just magically appear but give it reason to appear. 

61% at this moment and so much time left - there's something fishy going on...

Like most kids I wouldn't eat my vegetables. So one day my mother tried this same trick on me, only I flipped the tables figuratively speaking. I simply refused to eat the vegetables and refused to budge from my position. My mother broke first as she couldn't risk me starving myself.... As I am crazy enough to let it happen.

Edited by Outlawstar15a2

It's to make their beta interesting, and also, not sure if DE has the content ready. As I've expressed in another thread, games like this need constant events to keep the game from feeling like there's a lull. 

You do have to realize though, that this isn't actually a beta. It's hotly debated, but in the end, it's semantics (DE's semantics, yours, mine, etc). They're trying to make the game interesting while pushing out content as fast as they can. They have something ready for release soon, but they could also easily say "you did it! We captured all the scouts! We'll decipher the data and get you that Grineer Outpost data within a few weeks!" No one said they'll release the content the day the event ends.

TL;DR This event is necessary window dressing for content that will be released when DE is ready to release it.