Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE - A little too brown? Green would be nice as shown in Vigilante Mods

Valiant

It's probably not going to happen but if PoE could get seasons where the landscape would change colour (heck, maybe even snow?) it would make the environment a little more refreshing. I was playing the other day and I was wondering why PoE bothered me so much and why I found it tedious to look at.Then I realised because it was just generally the same freakin' colours all over the place. Brown, yellow and maybe some orange, all of which sometimes causes my eyes to be tired. Following this I started having involuntary flashbacks of Battlefield 3 where DICE were obsessed with their horrid tints and forced them on the community due to 'vision'. The vigilante mods seem to show off Cetus in a green setting and it actually looks nice, and different. More colourful and varied for sure.

Overall, it looks rather dull and not Fallout dull. If we can't get seasons, could we get some green somewhere or something? I'd like to be facing off enemies in some lush grasslands in Cetus (opposed to just other Earth levels) just for something different to the eye.

(If there are in fact some green/grasslands in Cetus could someone direct me to them)

Edited by Valiant

Seasons could be difficult to implement (maybe? changing colour tints and sky appearance seems like enough to pass), but just adding some green onto the plains feels simple and really necessary. The place is not pretty, and very dull. There are some areas more thick with trees further out on the map, and I think it'd be good to liven those up while keeping the big open areas, such as near the gates, brownish like real plains.

Aww I like it, I think it looks great for being the plains :<    As someone who has traveled across the plains a lot in my country and lived on them at times I can honestly say its got a real homey feel to it :P   Minus the giant sentient carcass.   I think they did great.   The colors and tones all fit and nothing is out of place. Might be a few too many trees for being plains but I understand their purpose, helps break up the landscape. The only thing that ever looked weird to me was the giant plague zit and that was intentional :P

It definitely works for being coastal plains, though.   Too much green wouldn't fit the region.  I think everything just works.  Mad props to the art department on that one.

5 hours ago, BBaw said:

Aww I like it, I think it looks great for being the plains :<    As someone who has traveled across the plains a lot in my country and lived on them at times I can honestly say its got a real homey feel to it :P   Minus the giant sentient carcass.   I think they did great.   The colors and tones all fit and nothing is out of place. Might be a few too many trees for being plains but I understand their purpose, helps break up the landscape. The only thing that ever looked weird to me was the giant plague zit and that was intentional :P

It definitely works for being coastal plains, though.   Too much green wouldn't fit the region.  I think everything just works.  Mad props to the art department on that one.

i mostly agree. one qualm i have with it tho is that it is that it would be better described as the hills of eidolon because the landscape is hilly not flat as plains usually are.

22 hours ago, BBaw said:

:/

Even coastal plains can have some colour like green though.

It's just so damn boring to look at as it's all the same colours. Should be some variety. The issue is that I doubt we'll get some lush grasslands as shown in the mods in the near future and Earth, going by the other levels on it, would be the one place where we'd actually find 'em. Unless they introduce a new planet but I think it's unlikely right now.

12 minutes ago, Valiant said:

:/

Even coastal plains can have some colour like green though.

It's just so damn boring to look at as it's all the same colours. Should be some variety. The issue is that I doubt we'll get some lush grasslands as shown in the mods in the near future and Earth, going by the other levels on it, would be the one place where we'd actually find 'em. Unless they introduce a new planet but I think it's unlikely right now.

Ehh my only response to that is if you think its boring to look at maybe you should slow down, stop, and look a bit closer :P   I currently live in an area where brown is the new green, I remember first driving through here thinking maaan this stuff, its so .....brown.   I've lived here a while now and there is a lot of beauty to be seen all around.  The landscape is varied and interesting, the sky is amazing at times,  the animals are unique and fit the region well.  And, hey, Warframe looks great too!  The last time I went back to someplace that was green it didn't change my perspective on anything.  If you're bored cuz brown you'll be bored cuz green too.  

Just be happy you aren't color blind!  The entire world would be so boring!  Although, black and white TV shows might start looking a bit more interesting :P

37 minutes ago, BBaw said:

Ehh my only response to that is if you think its boring to look at maybe you should slow down, stop, and look a bit closer :P   I currently live in an area where brown is the new green, I remember first driving through here thinking maaan this stuff, its so .....brown.   I've lived here a while now and there is a lot of beauty to be seen all around.  The landscape is varied and interesting, the sky is amazing at times,  the animals are unique and fit the region well.  And, hey, Warframe looks great too!  The last time I went back to someplace that was green it didn't change my perspective on anything.  If you're bored cuz brown you'll be bored cuz green too.  

Just be happy you aren't color blind!  The entire world would be so boring!  Although, black and white TV shows might start looking a bit more interesting :P

Thing is, there's a slight difference to seeing it in real life and in a game on a screen. I mean I can think of and have seen part of Autumn season when stuff is yellow/brown/partially red and it looks beautiful. Cetus? Totally meh. Me standing still, looking around, feeling the burning of my eyes and then seeing the vigil mod's is pretty much what made me realize why I didn't particularly like Cetus' landscape.

If I was bored of green I'd be sick of the rest of WF's earth levels but I'm not, because it still has some varied colours and it is easy on the eyes and actually looks good. Same goes for Fallout envirionments, neither of which I was ever bored of. Equally the same with Skyrim's brown/yellow environments. Cetus isn't really that way inclined. Part of me feels that if an area slowly went a little more green or something it would change up the scenery a bit and make it a little more interesting, especially considering some of it is pretty much empty space.

(Oh and sometimes black and white movies actually look better and are more immersive than in ones in colour for me! :o )

Part of me wishes we could replace some of the textures in this game client side like others. that would be so handy.

Edited by Valiant