Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's True Power

RagingReaper67

7 minutes ago, BBaw said:

Heeyyy, this guy gets it!

If you can just get players to stop spamming banish from outside the rift....and dying

or stop using Cataclysm at ALL, just delete that thing.... still dies

or have some sort of plan besides...."Ok I got them in the rift with stasis up, now what??"  I won, right?....then dies

and one of my personal favorites.  The guy that banishes something to the rift, then hops back in there with it and...dies.

or the guy that banishes his whole team to the rift along with all the enemies and hangs outside the rift and....dies

or the guy that hits 4 then 2, waits till there are a mountain of enemies piled up and when Cataclysm deflates or Stasis wears off...dies

or the guy that thinks hes banshee or ember and spams 4 then ....dies

or the guy that captures the ENTIRE map in the rift hits stasis and ......well nothing dies,  everything stays there frozen, nobody can kill it, but then stasis wears off and he....dies.

or the guy that thinks he has to enter the rift through EVERY doorway causing his team to have to follow him through, actually not a horrible guy :P....but dies

or the guy that thinks banish is a nuke, press 1 to win yea?....and dies

or the guy that has no idea what rift surge does or how to use it, that 1 guy!...still dies

or the guy that doesn't know the benefits to killing things he put in the rift...and dies

or the guy that doesn't know HOW to kill things he put in the rift...and dies

or one of my absolute all time favorites in the game, and I love this guy cuz he is definitely trying...something!  The guy decked out in every piece of tennogen imaginable, sporting the latest and greatest of all fashion accessories, but literally has no idea what any of these buttons do or how to use them, and somehow is MR 24 :S...and dies

Welcome to Limbo everybody, where your brain gets checked at the doorway on your way in :P   You'll die here.

Haha, I like how you pointed out just about every way not to Limbo. Everyone heed this post; this is why such grief follows this most unique of Warframes. Simply do none of the listed things and you should be fine. 

Just learn your frame. That's what the wiki is there for!

You completely fail to understand what makes Limbo annoying. Banished enemies is only trivially bothersome. There are always more enemies to go hunt, Limbo has claimed the ones he has banished.

No, the REAL problem is max range cataclysm + stasis forcing everyone to play melee-only.
That build is pure cancer, and the only fix I can think is to make allied projectiles just ignore Stasis entirely- as in only Limbo and enemies get their shots frozen in time. Would it be a buff? Kinda, but not really. Would it completely remove the most cancerous trolling power from Limbo's kit? Yep.

What I really don't get is why everyone uses it. That build is literally optimized for solo interception and pub/solo spy. Min-range (which gets Narrow Minded for even more duration) can do the exact same trivialization of mob def and point def, as well as is the ideal set for op def and rescue missions... completely without forcing the entire team to play melee only, and without the vulnerability to Nullfiers.

However you are correct that Limbo is the best operator-only frame. Mostly because stashing him in the rift is an extra layer of protection on top of the DR, and makes "deaths" as the operator even more forgiving.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Speaking of Limbo
Today's Sortie is gonna be so easy to solo with him
:^)

The most peaceful way to play Limbo in a public squad is with a Minimum Range Build.
You still have your bubble, but just put it in a corner for your teammates to run to for a break or safety. That way, Stasis is on all the time

P.S: I did read the above posts just now

Edited by _Ruby_Rose_

1 hour ago, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

My Galatine Prime is exceptional with its riven. Limbo is and will forever be trash.

I have enough knowledge and experience to tell you with 100% accuracy that Limbo is terrible and an annoyance to all other players.

I prefer not to learn to be terrible using terrible frames....

You're already terrible if you aren't willing to expand your skillset ;)

26 minutes ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

You, friend, are exquisite in your blunt, yet eloquent speach. Well done.

the minimum range approach is an interesting idea. I could use that with my tactic to be less self-centered. 

30 minutes ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

Please! There are so many frames to play. I just choose to be respectful of others and NEVER EVER EVER EVERRRR use that horrid frame. XD

Edited by (PS4)KnowLedge

Just now, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

Please! There are so many frames to play. I just choose to be respectful of others and NEVER EVER EVER EVERRRR use that horrid frame. XD

Respectful, he says. I do dearly hope your intent is to make us laugh. 

If you don't already, I fear you may need glasses. You're so near-sighted in your opinions that you refuse to believe that DE actually devised methods of, *gasp*, altering your playstyle to fit your team and/or mission. Please piss off now, you're doing nothing for this thread.

I have to say, there's a lot of the usual anti-Limbo hate. The worst I had was a death threat, yes, someone actually threatened to kill me a few years ago for playing Limbo.

Max Duration + Range cataclysm + stasis is for those who are lazy, and is incredibly intrusive to any teammates. I say this once again from the standpoint of someone who, yes, I MAIN, Limbo. People who tell me I can't main a frame are just as bad as people who bash frames because of the bad players that give them a bad name. Just please press more than two buttons and you'll be fine.

TL;DR Limbo is for advanced players, with understanding of the mechanics behind him, and you require effective cooperation with your team, and yes, oh god forbid I actually have to TALK to my random teammates in a public squad! Oh no! Whatever shall I do!? A simple "do you guys mind x?" goes a long way.

2 hours ago, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

My Galatine Prime is exceptional with its riven. Limbo is and will forever be trash.

I have enough knowledge and experience to tell you with 100% accuracy that Limbo is terrible and an annoyance to all other players.

I prefer not to learn to be terrible using terrible frames....

>Literally the best CC in the game
>Trash

ok dude.

1 hour ago, RagingReaper67 said:

Respectful, he says. I do dearly hope your intent is to make us laugh. 

If you don't already, I fear you may need glasses. You're so near-sighted in your opinions that you refuse to believe that DE actually devised methods of, *gasp*, altering your playstyle to fit your team and/or mission. Please piss off now, you're doing nothing for this thread.

All that typing and Limbo is still a terrible and annoying frame...."piss off" snowflake.

Am I doing this right....

20 minutes ago, OrokinShrapnel said:

>Literally the best CC in the game
>Trash

ok dude.

LMFAOOOOOO

12 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

Limbo is completely misunderstood by a large section of the playerbase who rage the second you use Stasis "Y U NO LET ME SHOT?"

To be fair, a large part of that problem is on DE because Rift mechanics are not explained in-game to non-Limbo players. On-screen Tool Tips would be useful when a character enters the rift.

Personally, I find him to be extremely useful for Mobile Defense, Rescue, Interception, Survival, etc. He really shines with Channeling melee while in the rift, even more so if you have a Zaw with Exodia Brave.

limbo is intrusive even if people understand his kit or not. i use to play limbo even before people thought he was cool. i was doing a Sedna survival alert as zephyr and the limbo in the team was holding me back. it wasn't his fault because he was utilizing the tools he was given. but not being able to manipulate the tornados or make use of guns kills it for me. it kills it for alot of people. the complaint is valid. no other frame is as intrusive as he is. DE needs to take another look at his kit and make a decision.

2 minutes ago, RagingReaper67 said:

FFS, he's not an INTRUSIVE FRAME. It's just players not altering their use of Limbo to fit the situation. I could run Limbo in 1000 missions and never affect anyone....at all.

it isn't the fault of the player and they shouldn't have to alter how they play just to not disrupt the team. it is a clear sign there is something wrong with his kit. every frame i have (excluding limbo) i play the way i want as any one should without restriction. im not saying the rift is not useful or that stasis is not useful but they disrupt the team. people have to play around limbo. like i said the guy was doing what he was given the tools to do. i don't fault him for that but it stopped me from doing what i wanted to do.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

it isn't the fault of the player and they shouldn't have to alter how they play just to not disrupt the team. it is a clear sign there is something wrong with his kit. every frame i have (excluding limbo) i play the way i want as any one should without restriction. im not saying the rift is not useful or that stasis is not useful but they disrupt the team. people have to play around limbo. like i said the guy was doing what he was given the tools to do. i don't fault him for that but it stopped me from doing what i wanted to do.

So, rather than playing as a team, you think everyone should play as if solo and just ignore the team mechanics that were clearly meant to exist? It's because of players with that very mindset that online games can be such a crap experience.

Team games are meant to incorporate communication and flexibility among party members. Instead of saying "I shouldn't have to change the way I play." Try saying "how can I adjust my tactics to best suit my team." You'd be surprised how far a simple change in perspective will take you.

16 minutes ago, RagingReaper67 said:

So, rather than playing as a team, you think everyone should play as if solo and just ignore the team mechanics that were clearly meant to exist? It's because of players with that very mindset that online games can be such a crap experience.

Team games are meant to incorporate communication and flexibility among party members. Instead of saying "I shouldn't have to change the way I play." Try saying "how can I adjust my tactics to best suit my team." You'd be surprised how far a simple change in perspective will take you.

play as if solo? thats a joke right? almost no one uses the voice chat in this game. expecting people to use the voice chat is absurd. people use what they like. ive tried many times to ask people on mobile defense to stick near the point and you know what they tell me? "thats boring" you cant tell or expect people to do what you want. this is a coop game sure as long as people are killing and supporting using defensive skills they are playing as a team. this is a horde loot shooter not a tactical shooter so dont get confused.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

limbo is intrusive even if people understand his kit or not. i use to play limbo even before people thought he was cool. i was doing a Sedna survival alert as zephyr and the limbo in the team was holding me back. it wasn't his fault because he was utilizing the tools he was given. but not being able to manipulate the tornados or make use of guns kills it for me. it kills it for alot of people. the complaint is valid. no other frame is as intrusive as he is. DE needs to take another look at his kit and make a decision.

Well said!

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

play as if solo? thats a joke right? almost no one uses the voice chat in this game. expecting people to use the voice chat is absurd. people use what they like. ive tried many times to ask people on mobile defense to stick near the point and you know what they tell me? "thats boring" you cant tell or expect people to do what you want. this is a coop game sure as long as people are killing and supporting using defensive skills they are playing as a team. this is a horde loot shooter not a tactical shooter so dont get confused.

This is the most selfish post I've read in a while. "Expect people to do what you want"? Of course not, and that's not the point. When working as a team, and this is a team shooter but with added versatility, you have to PROPOSE tactics and work out the course of action TOGETHER. Sure, you can belligerently bash yourself through a mission, but this won't always be successful and certainly ends in frustration for many people.

And I said nothing about voice comms. Simply hit "T", type your message and hit "Enter". If you can't manage that you should learn to type.

Furthermore, simply activating allie affecting powers does not equal working as a team. Have you ever asked people what their bonus goal is for the mission? Have you ever tried to help people toward the progression they're working on? Given what you've said thus far, I'd wager to say you haven't. THAT is working as a team. Collectively striving for mutual benefit and the overal success of the mission. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

Well said!

No, ignorantly said. Actually, no. Ignorance is a term reserved for those who both don't know and have not had the opportunity to learn. When you're given the opportunity to learn, and choose not to, you've become stupid. 

I could be just as much of a nuisance with any frame that has the ability to affect large areas. Do you think everyone loves to follow an Ember around, watching everything die while experiencing zero actual gameplay? Or maybe you think it doesn't frustrate people when they say "I'm new", just to be ignored and abandoned at the beginning of the mission. 

Players need to start being more selfless in games, rather than trying to grab at self gratification at the expense of others. It's not going to kill you to take a couple minutes to actually work together.