Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti-AFK death mode is punitive for the players who didn't deserved it

Fihuren

Here's the deal : I was running a survival in relic when my squad wanted to extract.
We choose to not put relics and go to extraction where there was already 2 members. When I was on my way to extraction, I was killed by a wall of napalm, and as all the rest of squad were upon extraction, it triggered the end of the mission. But when I looked at the rewards, they were all empty. I even looked in my inventory for the relics I opened, I got nothing !
I ran the mission as an active member and I lost all my rewards.

I searched for anything about that and what I found was that due to the amounts of dead AFK, DE had choose to not give your rewards by the end of the mission if you're dead at the extraction timer, but in this case, this is just absurd; At least make it like the affinity system where you won't get anything after 1min/30sec of death, not just directly.
It's unfair and frustrating for the players who didn't deserved it !

EDIT : I got my relics reward back after re-logging (with the message you get from Ordis when you crashed in the middle of the mission), but I lost everything else : credits, resources, focus and affinity.

Edited by Finara

Not to mention sometimes it's just faster to die to not waste your team's time and trigger an extract when the extract point is too far and you were doing something on the other side of the map, like doing those Void parkour vaults in an Extermination mission.

Those idling in missions can just self rev before the mission ends, it's a bad mechanic and it solves nothing.

The only problem here is people don't understand the mechanics.

You don't lose all rewards if you are dead while team is extracting. 

You don't lose any affinity you have gathered if you are dead while team is extracting.

You are unable to to get additional pickups affinity rewards if afk is triggered.

The thing that I don't get is why would this be be needed specifically for fissures. If youre afk then you can't get fissures so u won't get rewards. If you ask me they should add an afk system like in crossout where if you're not inputting controls for say 5 mins it gives you a timer but you actually have to give more input than just spinning your analogue stick ie you actually have to press buttons. 

23 minutes ago, trndr said:

You don't lose any affinity you have gathered if you are dead while team is extracting.

I agree with this, but in his case it did happen for whatever reason.

Honestly, because of the fact that the OP received his relics back through mail after relogging it sounds like he probably started losing connection to the server right before extraction, which may have caused an unintended 1-time glitch.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

il y a 30 minutes, trndr a dit :

The only problem here is people don't understand the mechanics.

You are unable to to get additional pickups affinity rewards if afk is triggered.

But I lost those things, I'm sure of it, I checked out afterward and I didn't get anything from that mission : i didn't get any affinity, whether it be weapons, focus or syndicate, any credits nor resources (I saw it with void vestiges).

il y a 7 minutes, (PS4)Riko_113 a dit :

I agree with this, but in his case it did happen for whatever reason.

Honestly, because of the fact that the OP received his relics back through mail after relogging it sounds like he probably started losing connection to the server right before extraction, which may have caused an unintended 1-time glitch.

I have a pretty good connection from where I am, so this sounds really weird. I'll try with a regular mission to see if this is really a bug or if it is really intended

Edited by Finara

4 minutes ago, Finara said:

I have a pretty good connection from where I am, so this sounds really weird. I'll try with a regular mission to see if this is really a bug or if it is really intended

I have a great connection where I am, but rarely I'll randomly get a "Connection Lost" (or something like that) notice popping up in red on the screen.

Were you the host? If not, I wonder if the host's connection was becoming unstable and unintentionally ditched you at the last second to save itself.... XD

1 minute ago, Finara said:

I have a pretty good connection from where I am, so this sounds really weird.

According to DE you did lose connection.

There are many reasons for losing connection, most common is due to wifi or non optimal cables, but it could be as simple as your ISP or any ISP between you and DEs servers changed the routing direction, or had some maintenence.

It happens, the internet is unreliable, no matter how much people try to hide its inherit unreliableness.

Yeah, it's not actually to do with dead AFK. It sounds like you just disconnected suddenly, for whatever reason, or they will not send you the prime parts after you close the game and reopen.

5 hours ago, Finara said:

But I lost those things, I'm sure of it, I checked out afterward and I didn't get anything from that mission : i didn't get any affinity, whether it be weapons, focus or syndicate, any credits nor resources (I saw it with void vestiges).

I have gone into a mission, gotten the last ammount of XP, or faction rep, or focus I needed and straight abandoned the mission, and still kept them. 

XP...the blue xp, not the yellow bonus XP is kept no matter what, same with focus, and faction xp. 

8 hours ago, Finara said:

Here's the deal : I was running a survival in relic when my squad wanted to extract.
We choose to not put relics and go to extraction where there was already 2 members. When I was on my way to extraction, I was killed by a wall of napalm, and as all the rest of squad were upon extraction, it triggered the end of the mission. But when I looked at the rewards, they were all empty. I even looked in my inventory for the relics I opened, I got nothing !
I ran the mission as an active member and I lost all my rewards.

I searched for anything about that and what I found was that due to the amounts of dead AFK, DE had choose to not give your rewards by the end of the mission if you're dead at the extraction timer, but in this case, this is just absurd; At least make it like the affinity system where you won't get anything after 1min/30sec of death, not just directly.
It's unfair and frustrating for the players who didn't deserved it !

EDIT : I got my relics reward back after re-logging (with the message you get from Ordis when you crashed in the middle of the mission), but I lost everything else : credits, resources, focus and affinity.

Doesn't sound like an issue with afk to me.  The game gets glitchy when you extract just as a relic is opened.