Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to set Observatory as spawn point, and other dojo suggestions

GrayArchon

Allowing us to access Navigation from the Dojo Observatory was such a cool move. I'd love for the Dojo to be more than just a place you go to collect the latest research blueprint or make a trade. I have dreams of spending my downtime in the Dojo instead of on my Orbiter, where I can be surrounded by my clan members, be ready to invite people to trading, and generally feel like I'm part of a community, even in-between missions. Letting us use the Dojo as a launch point for missions is a huge step towards this.

However, there are a couple things that I think need to be resolved before this dream becomes a reality. The biggest one I see is this: We should be able to spawn in at Navigation; that is, at the Observatory. Yes, you can place a teleporter at the spawn point and from there go to the Observatory, but I think that this is still too much of an obstacle, in conceptual terms. I'm not necessarily saying that using a teleporter is too much work (although we'll see how I feel after doing this for every mission), but spawning into a Great Hall that has no inherent function (unlike rooms like the Duelling Room, research labs, and Observatory, which have functions inherent to the room) sort of reinforces the notion that the Dojo itself has no inherent function – a notion I'm sure DE would like to move away from. For what it's worth, Navigation is the first screen you see when you return to your ship after a mission. I just want parity with that. Implementing this change seems technically easy to me (although I obviously don't know how the Dojos are coded), and would also serve to give clans a greater sense of customisation over their Dojos. Maybe other rooms could be used as spawn points too, although I think the Observatory is the room that most needs this.

Other suggestions: allow us to access our Foundry and Operators in the Dojo. Perhaps an Operator-themed room, with access gated by Second Dream completion. I would gladly embrace that. It's been years since a new kind of Dojo room was last added, and the game has changed much in that time.

A place to handle Syndicate status, identical to the console on our ships, would also be nice. And perhaps – although this isn't very high on my personal priority list – a pet-themed room for interacting with your Kubrows and Kavats, and letting them play with those of your clanmates.

Overall, I'd like more rooms added to the Dojo, with more functions. It's a cool tileset, and plays into this game's greatest strength (in my opinion): the power of customisation. You decide what your Dojo looks like. As cool as that is, I think Dojos are a little wasted in their current implementation in that they lack a lot of functionality. This last update gives me hope that DE are finally ready to move past that, so here are my suggestions.

7 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Allowing us to access Navigation from the Dojo Observatory was such a cool move. I'd love for the Dojo to be more than just a place you go to collect the latest research blueprint or make a trade. I have dreams of spending my downtime in the Dojo instead of on my Orbiter, where I can be surrounded by my clan members, be ready to invite people to trading, and generally feel like I'm part of a community, even in-between missions. Letting us use the Dojo as a launch point for missions is a huge step towards this.

However, there are a couple things that I think need to be resolved before this dream becomes a reality. The biggest one I see is this: We should be able to spawn in at Navigation; that is, at the Observatory. Yes, you can place a teleporter at the spawn point and from there go to the Observatory, but I think that this is still too much of an obstacle, in conceptual terms. I'm not necessarily saying that using a teleporter is too much work (although we'll see how I feel after doing this for every mission), but spawning into a Great Hall that has no inherent function (unlike rooms like the Duelling Room, research labs, and Observatory, which have functions inherent to the room) sort of reinforces the notion that the Dojo itself has no inherent function – a notion I'm sure DE would like to move away from. For what it's worth, Navigation is the first screen you see when you return to your ship after a mission. I just want parity with that. Implementing this change seems technically easy to me (although I obviously don't know how the Dojos are coded), and would also serve to give clans a greater sense of customisation over their Dojos. Maybe other rooms could be used as spawn points too, although I think the Observatory is the room that most needs this.

Other suggestions: allow us to access our Foundry and Operators in the Dojo. Perhaps an Operator-themed room, with access gated by Second Dream completion. I would gladly embrace that. It's been years since a new kind of Dojo room was last added, and the game has changed much in that time.

A place to handle Syndicate status, identical to the console on our ships, would also be nice. And perhaps – although this isn't very high on my personal priority list – a pet-themed room for interacting with your Kubrows and Kavats, and letting them play with those of your clanmates.

Overall, I'd like more rooms added to the Dojo, with more functions. It's a cool tileset, and plays into this game's greatest strength (in my opinion): the power of customisation. You decide what your Dojo looks like. As cool as that is, I think Dojos are a little wasted in their current implementation in that they lack a lot of functionality. This last update gives me hope that DE are finally ready to move past that, so here are my suggestions.

this is definitely a well thought out concept i would like to see play out over time. i'd also like to access region chat from dojo too.

Edited by (XB1)Skidplay 490
too many definitelies. definitely.

I've been noticing an issue with the Dojo: when returning to the Dojo after launching missions from the Observatory, you will frequently be spawned in a random spot in the Dojo. Sometimes it's the designated spawn point, sometimes it's the Observatory where you started, but the vast majority of the time it's been some random spot in my Dojo. I even had to put a new teleporter there because it was happening so often. There's nothing in that room, it's just an unused hall, but now I end up there all the time.

Please fix this weird spawn bug, and, as I said in the OP, let us use the Observatory as a spawn point.

Would love the set spawn location ability, foundry, relic, etc.

Would also like just some plain rooms, just empty rooms of various sizes so we can just decorate how ever we want.  Also give us some Cetus decorations and decorations from each of the syndicates [or syndicate themed rooms]

• 1 month later...

Heck, the access to the operator and foundry could be added to the Barracks Rooms. That would give some added functionality to those rooms much like how the observatory was recently given purpose via navigation and arsenal access.

of all the dojo ideas i have read this one is the most reasonable one. I might add with the recent update that the space beyond the observatory has a lighting issue i would like to see fixed also which would allow dojo bots and other garden ideas built in this area to be seen instead of just black objects.

• 3 months later...