Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so rhino can be a better tank than valkyr, makes sense.

(PSN)H3art_Th13f

17 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

...infinite negative health that can be managed with life steal and would potentially allow energy management would definitly be a good alternative to invulnerability

This here reminds me of Rage Power(Red Lanterns) in DCUO.

Incoming Damage has a slight delay that can be healed through to negate the damage.

Sort-of like a balance scale where incoming damage is delayed to give you time to attacl-heal to disspiate or negate the damage.

57 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

(ignoring pain does not mean invincibility)

If ignoring pain isn't Invincibility, then what is in this game. It either be DR or Invincibility since there's not really anything in Between.

Warframe is Wierd. Amazing but a wierd game.

Edited by Shaw1996

11 minutes ago, Shaw1996 said:

If ignoring pain isn't Invincibility, then what is in this game. It either be DR or Invincibility since there's not really anything in Between.

i dont think hysteria should make you invulnerable or heal you (infact i think healing should be disabled completely while in hysteria) it should increase your damage and speed as your health goes down. as i said become more dangerous/aggressive as you near death. they can put DR in warcry instead of ARM% (i think at this stage in the game all ARM% should be replaced with flat armor or DR). this is just my opinion of her being berserker and what berserker means to me.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i dont think hysteria should make you invulnerable or heal you (infact i think healing should be disabled completely while in hysteria) it should increase your damage and speed as your health goes down. as i said become more dangerous/aggressive as you near death. they can put DR in warcry instead of ARM% (i think at this stage in the game all ARM% should be replaced with flat armor or DR). this is just my opinion of her being berserker and what berserker means to me.

Then be happy when you get one shot trying to get into range of the enemy since your sacrificing your range ability, plus you still get effected by knockdowns and so forth....

Just now, Andaius said:

Then be happy when you get one shot trying to get into range of the enemy since your sacrificing your range ability, plus you still get effected by knockdowns and so forth....

That's one of the issues in this game. The change would be fine if enemy scaling was limited to 100. Not forever.

1 minute ago, Andaius said:

her passive has the same effectiveness as Constitution knockdowns are a non issue. being one shot doesnt happen till enemies are in the hundreds so it wont be for a long time. people want to sit in hysteria but imo i dont think any exalted mode should be prolonged for any long duration.

5 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

her passive has the same effectiveness as Constitution knockdowns are a non issue. being one shot doesnt happen till enemies are in the hundreds so it wont be for a long time. people want to sit in hysteria but imo i dont think any exalted mode should be prolonged for any long duration.

Not really....With no healing you'll get focused by alot of enemies depending on squad size. I've tried playing Valkyr after Forma with only melee and no hysteria and she can go down pretty quickly even with max HP and Armor setup. Even to level 30 - 40 mobs. With no Healing damage adds up fairly consistently.

Edited by Andaius

2 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Not really....With no healing you'll get focused by alot of enemies depending on squad size. I've tried playing Valkyr after Forma with only melee and no hysteria and she can go down pretty quickly even with max HP and Armor setup. Even to level 30 - 40 mobs. With no Healing damage adds up fairly consistently.

The only time my Valkyr feels Squishy is against MOT Enemies. Especially when you reach 150 and above because that's when the enemies can shred you.Hydron and Sortie 3 is no problem for her unless you doing a Sortie 3 Survival or something like that.

Edited by Shaw1996

6 minutes ago, Andaius said:

T4 Void and Nightmare both share the x4 damage mult. and even with that people have proven they can do it without or very minimal use of hysteria using eternal war/prolonged paralysis. sorry your experience is different but that is no excuse.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 minute ago, Shaw1996 said:

The only time my Valkyr feels Squishy is against MOT Enemies. Especially when you reach 150 and above because that's when the enemies can shred you.

She's not really squishy feeling, but they will keep on taking chunks out of her and if she has no way to heal they add up quickly, especially if your fighting off waves and waves of enemy.

6 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

T4 Void and Nightmare both share the x4 damage mult. and even with that people have proven they can do it without or very minimal use of hysteria using eternal war. prolonged paralysis. sorry your experience is different but that is no excuse.

60+ mins without Hysteria is possible but with Quick thinking.

Edited by Shaw1996

10 minutes ago, Andaius said:

She's not really squishy feeling, but they will keep on taking chunks out of her and if she has no way to heal they add up quickly, especially if your fighting off waves and waves of enemy.

disable hysteria and just melee like normal with life strike or healing return or hirudo or a frame that can heal you. im just saying a berserker is one that ignores pain while attacking aggressively. if you go into a fight and while you are fighting your arm gets cut off but you are in a rage so you dont notice and keep fighting, you will kill your enemy and at the end die from blood loss (this is how you ignore pain). the damage doesnt just heal itself you just dont notice you're dying.

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

disable hysteria and just melee like normal with life strike or healing return or hirudo or a frame that can heal you. im just saying a berserker is one that ignores pain while attacking aggressively. if you go into a fight and while you are fighting your arm gets cut off but you are in a rage so you dont notice and keep fighting, you will kill your enemy and at the end die from blood loss (this is how you ignore pain). the damage doesnt just heal itself you just dont notice you're dying.

Warframes, aren't humans......

7 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Yeeeah, I focused on killing instead of Life Strike and Healing Return. So to me, it just health pad spam. Plus, Enemy Scaling isn't balanced in this game.

Edited by Shaw1996

6 minutes ago, Shaw1996 said:

Yeeeah, I focused on killing instead of Life Strike and Healing Return. So to me, it just health pad spam. Plus, Enemy Scaling isn't balanced in this game.

hehehe i use all of those healing types depending on which melee i take. i really like hirudo though. but im just saying when people call her a berserker but she can heal and be invulnerable in hysteria its like.... how is she a berserker? but i use eternal war mainly so i dont use hysteria often. i like most really wish enemy scaling was balanced.

Hysteria ain't meant to be an ultimate tank ability like it was in the past. It's meant to be a way for you to temporarily make yourself invulnerable while topping off your health before popping back out and basking in the massive passive soak that Valkyr enjoys from her ridiculously high base armor - with the bonus of being able to quickly clear out groups. And if you have some form of self-healing, you rarely even have to use it for survivability.

Valk has been one of my standbys ever since she was released, and apart from some Sortie 3s, I've never really found myself needing more 'Tank.'

Valkyr is actually my second favourite after Rhino since she's virtually indestructible, if you don't blunder. If you blunder you're at risk with any frame, Rhino (Iron Charge, Iron Shrapnel, Intensity, Power Drift, Armored Agility, Steel Fiber) included.

Of course you can't play Valkyr as you play a Rhino, well who would say that... It's good this way since it makes every frame different from others and not an upscaled/downscaled version of another. With Valkyr you HAVE to be a mobile hit and run frame, esxcept that her "hit" means joining the fray and shredding crowds. Half of her powers + her passive are mobility oriented, if that isn't a clue on how she should be played...

В 22.03.2018 в 06:29, (PS4)H3art_Th13f сказал:

it's painful playing valkyr when her hysteria is just smacked into the ground with nerfs thanks to noobs crying about their precious rhino being outpaced by a girl. Like iron clad charge has no ceiling so you can get to 75k and it's fast mobile and is op and is his main ability. but valkyr has to be 20+m away when she takes damage which is ironic for a melee frame and the damage you take can very well kill you at high levels where rhino can do 300+ no problem.

come on DE I want to use a frame that isn't just for noobs when I want to tank.

ivara and inaros can do 800+ no prob.

so?

В 27.03.2018 в 01:48, Andaius сказал:

i suppose you've built her wrong. there is no normal damage and level enemies that can do anything to valkyr. to higher levels  you take lesion with co and healing return, and can stay two hours at mot easily.

Edited by Sqecmi

42 минуты назад, den2k сказал:

Valkyr is actually my second favourite after Rhino since she's virtually indestructible, if you don't blunder.

she gets rekt at any elemental sortie, because toxin procs.

Edited by Sqecmi

20 minutes ago, Sqecmi said:

she gets rekt at any elemental sortie, because toxin procs.

Ok but that's the same problem of every warframe except Rhino and Nezha, who have additional layers of HP. And even those with 4x damage get stripped clean very fast. Survivability is Rhino's middle name, Valkyr balances fast movement with exceptional damage (it's extremely easy to achieve > 100% Crit Chance) and hardiness sacrificing range. It needs a fast paced playstile with a lot of dodges, escapes and sudden attacks.

As a tanker I'd very much like a Rhino+, but I don't think Valkyr's the answer. There is Atlas but I really don't like its powers.

1 hour ago, den2k said:

Ok but that's the same problem of every warframe except Rhino and Nezha, who have additional layers of HP. And even those with 4x damage get stripped clean very fast. Survivability is Rhino's middle name, Valkyr balances fast movement with exceptional damage (it's extremely easy to achieve > 100% Crit Chance) and hardiness sacrificing range. It needs a fast paced playstile with a lot of dodges, escapes and sudden attacks.

As a tanker I'd very much like a Rhino+, but I don't think Valkyr's the answer. There is Atlas but I really don't like its powers.

Nyx. Nyx is the beefiest tank in the game. Completely immune to procs, massive effective tanking health, and damage mitigation in a wide area, as well as some utility and support.

Aside from that, there's also Limbo and Inaros for proc resistance, off the top of my head.

Also, Toxin is reduced twice by armor, so I don't see why Valkyr would be especially vulnerable to it? I mean, it's not like she's reliant on shields.

Edited by NezuHimeSama