Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion for Operator hairs

Trailgamer5

Dear Digital Extremes,

I am very pleased with the Operator customization as is, in fact, so pleased that I can feel comfortable having the Operator as an extension of myself inside the Warframe universe. Except for one immersion breaking issue, the hair. You see they're very... stiff. And don't flow very naturally. In real life, a person, specifically, a woman's, hair flows very smoothly, very softly, and is fluffy to touch. Whereas the hair in Warframe on the contrary is... not so much. But, you already have such engines to implement changes to this. Look at Syandanas. They flow and flutter very nicely in the wind, especially n the momentum Warframes can go, so I don't see why it's hard for hair to have a similar thing for them.

I want to see what other Tenno think of this, and if you're wondering why this isn't in Fan Concepts, this is more of a suggestion, not a full concept.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Trailgamer5 said:

Dear Digital Extremes,

I am very pleased with the Operator customization as is, in fact, so pleased that I can feel comfortable having the Operator as an extension of myself inside the Warframe universe. Except for one immersion breaking issue, the hair. You see they're very... stiff. And don't flow very naturally. In real life, a person, specifically, a woman's, hair flows very smoothly, very softly, and is fluffy to touch. Whereas the hair in Warframe on the contrary is... not so much. But, you already have such engines to implement changes to this. Look at Syandanas. They flow and flutter very nicely in the wind, especially n the momentum Warframes can go, so I don't see why it's hard for hair to have a similar thing for them.

I want to see what other Tenno think of this, and if you're wondering why this isn't in Fan Concepts, this is more of a suggestion, not a full concept.

Thank you.

They are working on making Operator hair more realistic at the moment. I believe they talked about it in a relatively recent DevStream.

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

4 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

They are working on making Operator hair more realistic at the moment. I believe they talked about it in a relatively recent DevStream.

Is that so? I must've missed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

28 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

on topic of the operator hairs....a good portion of them have nasty buzzcut sections...and tbh its ugly....like something only someone who didnt care about how they look at all would do...but i do agree that we need more styles.

This too, the Buzzcut ruins a lot of the hairstyles

On 3/23/2018 at 5:48 AM, Kalvorax said:

on topic of the operator hairs....a good portion of them have nasty buzzcut sections...and tbh its ugly....like something only someone who didnt care about how they look at all would do...but i do agree that we need more styles.

While I totally respect your right to your opinion, the bolded bit is pretty ridiculous. 

Different people think different things look good, just because you think something doesn't look good, doesn't mean other people are intentionally going against (or even considering) your personal view of what looks good.

I use the boyish haircut on my girl. All others look so ugly, they remind me of Skrillex every  single time. Even my GF watching me revamping my Operator (she plays WF too)  got me into a small chitchat about the wierdnesses. How you can't color Eyelashes, eyebrows and the hair individually and asking me why DE sells ugly hair styles, when they could make more money with PROPER ones. 

Yes, she may be slow, but she has brains. 

The only long hair is a reversed Mullet. Hope they give our operators something "normal". 

Also they should fix the hair detach bug I come across when I go operator only. I have seen in places, you wouldn't think in variations like hold Q to move your hair away from your head. I'll record that the next time I play.