Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amino Nav segment is too difficult to farm

nicholas510

So I'm not sure if anyone else has a major issue with DE placing trinity in an ungodly level of unfarmability in Hades...2 years ago- you simply needed to defeat Lt. Lech Krill and farm him to gain your squad a pretty awesome medic. 2 years later... Excalibur has replaced her in the drop -_- . If Digital Extremes doesn't want the players to feel that this frame is made for a grueling grind- they should reduce the number of amino nav beacons necessary to fight the boss from 40 to 20- and here's why:

1- why in God's name are you putting the medic of the warframes all the way in the second to last boss fight?! I'd personally like to see Excalibur put back on Pluto. But if that's not possible- at least make an effort to make the boss battle more accessible to players. 

2- ambulas. Why are stuck having to complete 8 missions just to get to the boss fight? And at that- we only earn a Chasis before being stuck with another 8 missions to do the same thing again... I distinctly remember one of the devs stating "we would prefer that the players not think of this as a grind- but as an adventure :)" if that is at all true- then the amount of amino nav beacons required to enter the mission should be reduced to 20 instead of 40. 

3- is there a reason not to lower the required amino nav? I played a few rounds against this boss and it was pretty awesome- but the fun ran out after 120 amino nav got burned up trying to farm and only getting a Chasis and a neuroptics. That's 24 missions of defense and spy- gone for 3 simple parts. If y'all can't fix the amino- fix the drop rotation for point acquired based bosses to drop all three parts one after the next. That would also be helpful with the assassination mission on merrow, too...

Short and sweet- if you want players to enjoy farming this frame- give them the opportunity to do so. Trinity was NEVER this hard to farm 2 years ago- why should we have to struggle to obtain her now?

Keep in mind you can actually get more than 5 per mission; unless you're outright blitzing through, (there's a cooldown timer) you can encounter more than one Ambulas drop per mission.

But yeah, the original drop rates were based around the whole "Ambulas Reborn" event, and DE being a bit worried about players experiencing too much grofit, when we were all kinda farming 20-40+ waves of defense.

Since there's no longer any trade-in rewards for beacons, it'd only make sense to re-evaluate the drop rates. As it is, that makes Trinity one of a handful of painful grinds, alongside Mesa and Nidus. given she's an older, more "fundamental" frame, it would make some sense to make the progression a bit easier... Problem is that it appears often the game is balanced around what us longer-time grinders are quite capable of, rather than what newer players will hit a wall on.

The grind also encourages players to skip regular frames over. 100p or less for Trinity Prime and then a potato is a much better deal than buying her regular version from the shop or dealing with the insane grind, meaning people skip out on the story. 

Players should never miss out on lore because of penalizing grind. That's just not good design to encourage "playing" that way.

End game frame : Trinity. 

Ambulas is a joke, man. You can encounter him multiple times in a mission, even at extraction,  lurking for weakened players with his Moa Kamehameha. Just one-shot him, decypher, collect, repeat. Since you need to scan him for additional mastery points, just go through the hassle. Maybe you need a few other resources and an Ayatan Sculpt? 

Il y a 7 heures, NoSpax a dit :

End game frame : Trinity. 

Ambulas is a joke, man. You can encounter him multiple times in a mission, even at extraction,  lurking for weakened players with his Moa Kamehameha. Just one-shot him, decypher, collect, repeat. Since you need to scan him for additional mastery points, just go through the hassle. Maybe you need a few other resources and an Ayatan Sculpt? 

Ambulas may be an easy boss to kill- but the grind is far from easy. Kela has a better grind rate than ambulas... and it stumps me that a frame that use to be relatively simple and fun to obtain has become nightmarishly hard to secure

I can give you this tip to farm Animos quickly.

Do the mission Regna on Pluto.  It is a rescue mission.  

Regardless in which tile set you spawn for that mission, a dropship will always appear where you are in 0-5 seconds.  

If there is an ambulas under it, kill it, collect Animo and rush the mission.
If there is no ambulas under it, abort and retry.

Much quicker than doing Defense mission with its longer intervals of dropships which may or may not have an Ambulas under them.

9 hours ago, TheJagji said:

Na, you still need them for mastary.

I mean that it encourages players to go straight for more powerful Prime variants instead of spending time in game playing out more content to earn regular frames and experience more of the lore/tiles. That's not good design for retention.

Le 24/03/2018 à 23:14, ACGIFT a dit :

Keep in mind you can actually get more than 5 per mission; unless you're outright blitzing through, (there's a cooldown timer) you can encounter more than one Ambulas drop per mission.

But yeah, the original drop rates were based around the whole "Ambulas Reborn" event, and DE being a bit worried about players experiencing too much grofit, when we were all kinda farming 20-40+ waves of defense.

Since there's no longer any trade-in rewards for beacons, it'd only make sense to re-evaluate the drop rates. As it is, that makes Trinity one of a handful of painful grinds, alongside Mesa and Nidus. given she's an older, more "fundamental" frame, it would make some sense to make the progression a bit easier... Problem is that it appears often the game is balanced around what us longer-time grinders are quite capable of, rather than what newer players will hit a wall on.

Yeah I got most of the older frames back in 2014. Things were much nicer back then. Kill the boss, get the loot, extract. You didn't get the part you wanted? Try again, no barrier of entry. Now there's a grind to get to the grind, and if I was a new player, honestly, I'd stop right there. Warframe is more grindy than quite a lot of pay to win asian games as a free player, and the devs keep adding more and more grueling requirements that just pile up on top of everything else.

Edited by sixmille
typos

21 hours ago, sixmille said:

Yeah I got most of the older frames back in 2014. Things were much nicer back then. Kill the boss, get the loot, extract. You didn't get the part you wanted? Try again, no barrier of entry. Now there's a grind to get to the grind, and if I was a new player, honestly, I'd stop right there. Warframe is more grindy than quite a lot of pay to win asian games as a free player, and the devs keep adding more and more grueling requirements that just pile up on top of everything else.

I was there, too😂 I wish they'd put excal back where he was- or at least make the grind to get trinity easier to obtain - and I'm currently working with a new player who found out about trinity- and they're quite baffled why such a grind even exists for a glass medic😕