Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long will solo Survival remain broken?

ReptiloidLaythre

The spawn rates in solo missions are completely borked, and have been for as long back as I can remember. Seriously, even as Nekros I have trouble sustaining life support in solo missions.

It's absurdly backwards, solo survivals seem to have the LOWEST spawn rate of any mission type. In solo captures I get overwhelmed by standing still for more than 5 seconds, solo exterminates always have large groups in every room, solo survivals? Empty rooms everywhere. I can be standing around in an ideal spawn location and get a max of 3 enemies at a time, then have to wait for 10 seconds for the next ones to spawn.

Survivals should be exciting and challenging, it should be about struggling against overwhelming hordes of enemies while the life support timer keeps ticking down! PLEASE increase the spawn rates!

• Like 1

gotta learn how to abuse spawning to get S#&$ easy, and it can be hit or miss on some runs/tiles. sometimes ill have a non-looting frame sitting at 100 with more on floor, sometimes im hovering around 30, but learning how to force enemy spawns to work in your favor is key

It's not broken. It just require a bit of skill and knowledge. When you know what to do, life support is sustainable well.

il y a 14 minutes, ReptiloidLaythre a dit :

I should clarify that in solo survivals with infested, the spawn rates are fine. This has mainly been an issue for me in grineer missions.

Well, I kind of agree partially. Grineer, Corpus and Infested are behaving differently during general gameplay, however none is so clever to just not spawn and let you run out of oxygen. Something is wrong here for sure, however hard to say where. It can really be just your playstyle during solo survival, however I wouldn't deny other possibilities as well since sometimes, spawning is truly behaving strange. I don't know how rest of the community but I remember when spawning mechanic sometimes trolled you by spawning less and sometimes spawning a lot. You can notice that especially on alerts and sorties where spawn is at some cases larger than in general survival.

Edited by CoreXCZ

2 hours ago, CoreXCZ said:

It's not broken. It just require a bit of skill and knowledge. When you know what to do, life support is sustainable well.

Well, I kind of agree partially. Grineer, Corpus and Infested are behaving differently during general gameplay, however none is so clever to just not spawn and let you run out of oxygen. Something is wrong here for sure, however hard to say where. It can really be just your playstyle during solo survival, however I wouldn't deny other possibilities as well since sometimes, spawning is truly behaving strange. I don't know how rest of the community but I remember when spawning mechanic sometimes trolled you by spawning less and sometimes spawning a lot. You can notice that especially on alerts and sorties where spawn is at some cases larger than in general survival.

Don't be a condescending ass, I've got 2k hours clocked in WF. Players can't manipulate spawn rates directly, and I'm telling you I'm not getting enough enemies to kill.

• Like 1

Yes, there is clearly something wrong with the survival spawn rate!

That a room matters should not be! That is only how we sometimes (but not always) can help us with this problem.

I can understand that when your weapon or skill don't do enough damage anymore, you lose time because you cannot kill fast enough, so you don't get the mini life support quickly enough but very often you insta-kill them and life support goes down anyway.

You then need to active the 2 or 3 life support stations which are close to you at some point and once they are gone, life support goes down again and you get send across the whole map for the new life support stations, while the enemies are not able to follow you quickly enough but also there are no new enemies spawning at the new location!

And THAT is actually a broken thing and should be fixed!

Solo Survivals tend to have a better Spawn rate with mods like Enemy Sense. Without them, the enemies would be unalerted until they see you. That could be why the spawn rate is so garbage in Solo mode. Also Camping really helps the spawn rate too. Survivals is probably the only mission where you are forced to stay in one place so the enemies don’t stop spawning but Survivals should get a increase in spawn rate so we don’t have to rely on this stuff so the enemies don’t stop spawning on you. Also coming feom a,peraon who done MOT for 1 hour+ Solo. Even LifeofRio think the spawn rate is broken.

Edited by Shaw1996

I have had a handful of the many Survivals I've run solo fail, not because I wasn't doing enough, but because I could not find enemies to kill fast enough.

It isn't broken, you just aren't playing right.

7 hours ago, ReptiloidLaythre said:

I can be standing around in an ideal spawn location and get a max of 3 enemies at a time, then have to wait for 10 seconds for the next ones to spawn.

What do you mean by an ideal spawn location?

7 hours ago, ReptiloidLaythre said:

Seriously, even as Nekros I have trouble sustaining life support in solo missions.

You are doing something very wrong. I have yet to run a Survival on any tileset with any faction and failed to complete a Survival from not having enough LS as Nekros. I can guarantee I'm not even a great WF player. This just seems absolutely impossible to me.

3 hours ago, Shaw1996 said:

Even LifeofRio think the spawn rate is broken.

He's made several videos on the subject and routinely uses Enemy Sense, Enemy Radar etc. to manipulate spawn rates. 

Sadly he's not particularly eloquent and I've yet to hear him (convincingly) explain the details of what could be causing the problem or why this manipulation works, but it's real. 

Il y a 9 heures, ReptiloidLaythre a dit :

Don't be a condescending ass, I've got 2k hours clocked in WF. Players can't manipulate spawn rates directly, and I'm telling you I'm not getting enough enemies to kill.

Being rude toward someone who just stated his optinion and experience. Nice start, congrats for showing your colors.

Frankly, if you haven't realized, in-game time, just like mastery rank can't prove you're experienced player (since even AFK hours in Orbiter are counted too). I am Warframe player longer than you (approx. 2 year difference), I began during U7.

This is not about us however, this is about survival spawn rates. Let me tell you something, it was way worse in past. I would expect that someone who claims to be experienced will have experience of strange but rare spawn behavior where you're getting swarmed from all sides while sometimes not at all. It happens rarely during alerts and sorties and I am not the only one who thinks this since it would feel off to everyone (not counting less sensitive individuals).

I don't think spawn is broken because if it was, it would be serious issue and DE would gave it attention already. Fact they didn't means it's not game breaking problem.