Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Get Rid Of Solo Mode.

Nagisawa

At least until we get some major rebalancing work done on it.  I am sick and tired of being forced to rush, or end up dying, or if I'm playing a lowbie planet (Which even though with a Rank 27 Rhino, maxed Iron Skin and fully reactored, I can still die on) having to slog through and murder a little more than a Company and a half of respawning soldiers (That's over 300 per mission.)  And then there are the bosses, which are nothing more than bullet sponges, for the most part, and some of which have single hit kill attack (like Jackal and that 'grenade launcher' thing, which I never get to see because I'm running scared trying to outpace it.  Which apparently it impossible.)

This is not fun.  This is tedium.

So get rid of Solo, and make this a truly MMO game.

If you want to play with people at similar level, maybe it's time to make some friends?

Though, I agree with removing Solo option. Too many threads like "I can't solo T3 defence, make it easier!", "I want things for solo players only, since there are weapons for clan only, and I don't want to be in a clan!", "I'm antisocial and I wantz to play as ez as full teams!"

And you still can run solo using "private" mode. Since soloers don't have friends, nobody will join them, so...

Edited by Angius

In My Honest Opinion Solo mode Is pretty nice I spend most of my time on somo mode unless I need to do a defense mission to advance.

I'm fine with it as it is and don't think that it should be changed nor do I think that the game should be balanced around solo

Edited by Neo3602

At least until we get some major rebalancing work done on it.  I am sick and tired of being forced to rush, or end up dying, or if I'm playing a lowbie planet (Which even though with a Rank 27 Rhino, maxed Iron Skin and fully reactored, I can still die on) having to slog through and murder a little more than a Company and a half of respawning soldiers (That's over 300 per mission.)  And then there are the bosses, which are nothing more than bullet sponges, for the most part, and some of which have single hit kill attack (like Jackal and that 'grenade launcher' thing, which I never get to see because I'm running scared trying to outpace it.  Which apparently it impossible.)

This is not fun.  This is tedium.

So get rid of Solo, and make this a truly MMO game.

I do not understand the logic here...  Just don't play solo if you don't like it.  Why should there be less content and options available?  I fail to see how you go from "I don't like solo" to "Remove solo."  It has litereally 0 effect on you in any way, why should it be removed?

That being said, what are you considering a "lowbie planet" that still kills a rhino?

I love to Solo.  It's just nigh impossible on higher planets unless you rush.  And I am mentally incapable of rushing.  I want to loot everything.  If it's green I want to open it and see what's inside!

Of course, anyone who claims that they have no issues doing so are probably younger than me and have Call of Duty level reflexes (Which don't kid yourself, to play a twitch shooter requires a LOT of skill) or have the God Tier Warframes, and the RNG Gods love.

Either than or bought platinum to buy a God Tier Frame.

I bought a Rhino, boy that was dumb.

And here's the thing.  Solo mode is a lie.  Go select Private and run it alone.  You'll end up with the same thing!  No change in spawn rates.

This game has no 'solo' mode, it's just a repackaged setting.

Edited by Nagisawa

Solo just needs a rework... you know, keep a save file on the PC so that if internet is out you can still play the game by yourself. That'd be awesome :P

we need a petition to ban people that makes petitions 

Wouldnt that in the end ban the person who made that petition?

I love to Solo.  It's just nigh impossible on higher planets unless you rush.  And I am mentally incapable of rushing.  I want to loot everything.  If it's green I want to open it and see what's inside!

Of course, anyone who claims that they have no issues doing so are probably younger than me and have Call of Duty level reflexes (Which don't kid yourself, to play a twitch shooter requires a LOT of skill) or have the God Tier Warframes, and the RNG Gods love.

And here's the thing.  Solo mode is a lie.  Go select Private and run it alone.  You'll end up with the same thing!  No change in spawn rates.

Last time i re-call you cant pause private.

Instead of pentioning to remove Solo mode why not just pention to lessen the difficulty of solo missions on higher level planets?

Instead of pentioning to remove Solo mode why not just pention to lessen the difficulty of solo missions on higher level planets?

Because Digital Extremes doesn't know how to balance anything.  Otherwise, they'd have done something.  Instead the only real difference between Private and Solo is the ability to pause the game.  That's it.

The OP does have a point, though they don't get it across very well.

Solo mode actually does......nothing.

Private and Invite-Only do the same thing.

SOLO should tone down some mechanics in the game to make it more friendly on the Solo player like it once did back in U8.

When U9 came out, they decided "HAY LET'S JACK UP ALL THE RESPAWNS!!!!"

It used to be that Solo Mobile Defense was once do-able solo. Now you get such ridiculous numbers of mobs, you need to be a "press this  for everything to die" frame (Nova, Rhino, etc), or you need a Frost for Snowglobe... I remember the days I could solo Lv20 mobile defense missions. Slightly hectic, but not too bad.

Now? Pfft. Way too stinking many mobs.

Every mission I do now, even the Lv15-ish Corpus Alert stuff, I end up killing 200+ mobs in each and every mission because the respawns are just too stinking high.

It is hard to get more than a few seconds to loot a room, reload your gun, or let your shields recover without lotus going "Heavy activity ahead! heavy activity ahead! heavy activity ahead! Warning: Heavy Unit Approaching. Warning: Heavy Unit Approaching!" every 10 seconds.

Edited by Xylia

Because Digital Extremes doesn't know how to balance anything.  Otherwise, they'd have done something.  Instead the only real difference between Private and Solo is the ability to pause the game.  That's it.

Private allows you to invite people.  If you choose to solo something, you don't choose to make it easier, you just choose to forgo the ability to have teammates (I think there's also more mobs spawned per player, so you get less when you're alone).  Difficulty shouldn't be changed just becuase you decided you wanted to solo Vor.

Private allows you to invite people.  If you choose to solo something, you don't choose to make it easier, you just choose to forgo the ability to have teammates (I think there's also more mobs spawned per player, so you get less when you're alone).  Difficulty shouldn't be changed just becuase you decided you wanted to solo Vor.

Why are you so against lowering the difficulty if you choose Solo mode?

Back in U8, when you set it to Solo, you got less mobs, slower respawns, and fewer "heavy" units, because, yanno, expecting 1 player to fight a number of mobs appropriate for 4 players is just a tad ridiculous.

They seemingly took that away in U9 because of some elitists whining that Kiliken was too easy or something. *rolls eyes*

They could still set Private or Invite-Only and still get the normal spawns, but noooo. They had to whine that "Solo" was too easy.

We need U8 Solo back.

Edited by Xylia